Your wishlist for MK10

i forget but when does shang tsung die? does it actually show him die? i just forget cuz i only played story mode like on day 1 of release.

and im sure those dead characters will show up and we should get some new ones too. so i really dont think there will be a shortage of heroes. but evil HAS TO outnumber the good to make a good stoy.

They don't really show Shang Tsung dying but his soul is absorbed into Sindel and Sindel dies in her conflict with Nightwolf, so I assume he is dead too. Even if he isn't dead I think its quite safe to assume he no longer has control over Ermac.

I would rather see new heroes and characters than the old ones in the storymode. Bring them back by being playable of course but don't include them into the story. Also even with the additional heroes, the heroes side is still outnumbered, so the story won't really get affected if the characters turn good.

MK10 needs some good online servers (not that GameSpy bull-shit), and some Cross Platform playability.
In order to do that they'd have to have NO GUEST CHARACTERS, for EITHER system.
It sucks that I have some friends who have a 360 and I can't play them in MK because I have a PS3. :-(

Last edited:
I just want a Story worthy of being called a RPG with a fighter engine.

And then kick ass deep gameplay.

that's all I want

Is that greedy?

- no unblockable moves unless its an enhanced move.
- no pointless stuff going on in the background. make sure it makes sense to the mk series. since when in mk are you flying a helecopter shooting dragons? dont just throw dead stuff all over the place unless it should be there.
- make sure the females look considerably different. like im not whinning if i see half a boob but seriously sindel and kitana should have been wearing more.
- say "fatality" and "flawless victory" the way they did in mk2.
- go as far as you possibly can go with the voilence!! i want to see skin ripping, pieces of bone breaking, more of the insides of the body.
- don't try to make the fatalities FUNNY. we dont need 10 of them where they hold the head up as a trophy. no killing stuff thats dead. like jax's fatality.
- bring back other alities.

oh and i hope mk10 will just take place in the mk4 timeline and not mk4-deception. thats too much for 1 game. we would end up with another armageddon.

- no pointless stuff going on in the background. make sure it makes sense to the mk series. since when in mk are you flying a helecopter shooting dragons? dont just throw dead stuff all over the place unless it should be there.
Ummm, how is that a bad thing? This only helps brings more life and authenticity to a stage, and a helicopter chasing dragons fits MK, anyway

MK10 running on unreal engine 4 please next gen FTW!!

I would really love for this to happen. Unfortunately Unreal Engine 4 will be ready for use only in 2014, but I don't mind waiting that long if we get an action/adventure game based on Scorpion and Sub Zero.

Another thing I wish too see is better and more unique character models for each character. All the males had the same height and almost the same physique in MK9, same with females. I would like them to be scaled to their intended heights and physique which was indicated through character bio cards of the previous games. Also better faces for some characters and more details on the body, very much like Tekken 5 and 6. Those games are about 3 to 4 yrs older than MK9 and yet I find them to have much superior character models.

I would really love for this to happen. Unfortunately Unreal Engine 4 will be ready for use only in 2014, but I don't mind waiting that long if we get an action/adventure game based on Scorpion and Sub Zero.

Another thing I wish too see is better and more unique character models for each character. All the males had the same height and almost the same physique in MK9, same with females. I would like them to be scaled to their intended heights and physique which was indicated through character bio cards of the previous games. Also better faces for some characters and more details on the body, very much like Tekken 5 and 6. Those games are about 3 to 4 yrs older than MK9 and yet I find them to have much superior character models.

well skarlets a little skinnier than the rest of the girls :rolleyes:

But yeah I see what you mean... but..... if they change it now... that's gonna be kind of weird lol.

Playing MK9 and seeing their physique then all of a sudden we got a shorter subzero, a tall ass Jax ect ect.

It would be a little awkward. maybe save the changes for future characters? If all the new characters have different physique I doubt you'll notice the huge similarities with the originals as much.

Street fighter still has their fair share of similar "physiques"

But yeah I see what you mean... but..... if they change it now... that's gonna be kind of weird lol.

Playing MK9 and seeing their physique then all of a sudden we got a shorter subzero, a tall ass Jax ect ect.

It would be a little awkward. maybe save the changes for future characters? If all the new characters have different physique I doubt you'll notice the huge similarities with the originals as much.

Well, we do have characters big and small, Sheeva is tall like Goro and Kintaro then we have Darmin in MK Deception thats kinda tall as well next we have Skarlet thats Skinner than the rest of the females im assuming shes younger than Jade Kitana and Mileena by her Physique. MK has always been like that since MK 1 of course nobody wants to see a tall ass Ermac going up against a Shorter Scorpion as they were all similar heights since day 1 of there appearance to MK

Last edited:

Yeah like Giant feet!

I also would love to see a theater mode like in 3rd Strike were you can upload matches to youtube from your console.

I don't see how it would be weird lol, if anything it would only enhance the way the characters look. They did it to some extent in MKDA, characters such as Raiden, Quan Chi, Jax etc were noticably taller/heavier built than characters such as Kung Lao, Mavado and Kano. It also felt more natural and realistic. Plus its not like characters are turned to be turned into midgets and giants to make it look THAT apparent. You wouldn't really notice a height difference between a 5'10'' to 6'2'' range, but still it would be apparent on closer inspection and thats what I kinda want. Look at Jin and Kazuya from Tekken for example. Both are the same heights and 'looks' like they have the same physique but on looking at them more carefully, the differences are notable. I want this kind of an approach for Mk9 mainly because right through the series we have seen MK trying to evolve into a good fighter. In the first game what set the characters apart were just their specials and looks and nothing more. Same with MK2, the strategy for these games mainly revolved around the effectiveness of specials and who had the faster punch/kick by doing frame by frame analysis. Then the run and combos came in followed by fighting styles, inspite of all these the character didn't feel 'unique' as compared to the Tekken characters. But finally with MK9 I feel that they have got all of it right, no characters are pallete swaps, all have different and unique combo potentials, all play differently and thus I would also like for them to look more differently to give them that more of that 'unique' factor. In the MK9 Jax is a hard hitter and grappler and thus he could have had a broader frame and taller. Similarly with Raiden, since he is a God he could have been taller as well. Frankly although all characters are unique in their own ways, the only character that stands out to me as really unique is Sheeva. She is taller than the rest, has a larger hitbox and doesn't fight like anyone else in the game. That is the kind of unique i want for all characters. :p
Hope you understand what I mean lol, orginal or new characters I feel they should be presented in a more unique and different way.

Well, we do have characters big and small, Sheeva is tall like Goro and Kintaro then we have Darmin in MK Deception thats kinda tall as well next we have Skarlet thats Skinner than the rest of the females im assuming shes younger than Jade Kitana and Mileena by her Physique. MK has always been like that since MK 1 of course nobody wants to see a tall ass Ermac going up against a Shorter Scorpion as they were all similar heights since day 1 of there appearance to MK

Those are only a handful of characters and Goro, Kintaro and Sheeva were made taller since they are meant to be taller. Also the reason why the earlier MK games had similar character heights and physique was that majority of the characters were represented by the same people lol. In is no reason to stick to that anymore and like I explained above, I would like the characters to be more unique.

Also another I would not want is the nostalgia shenanigans some fans keep bombarding Boon's twitter with. You guys got your fan service with MK9 now for heaven's sake please leave NRS to develop MK's future in the way they see fit. You will only remain in the past by clinging to the past and nothing more.

The only things I really want for MK10 are (some from others):

Same characters + plot as Flying Jinko's MK10 story (don't really want MKDA-MKA characters until maybe the next game, this game should focus on an MK4 plot according to the ending)
No guest characters
Stages/music from MK4
Maybe add brutalities, animalities, friendships, hara-kiri, or mercy if possible (as long as they are implemented right)
Hopefully the dead characters from MK9 will return and be playable
Maybe add the ability to pick up/throw weapons like MK4 or have weapons as a secondary again
More alt costumes
Other things like Chess Kombat, Motor Kombat, or Puzzle Kombat return to add more depth
Better fatality presentation (MK2 blood-dripping/bass and MK4 blood splattering on the screen, etc.)
Bring back old Choose Your Destiny ladder
Maybe tag fatalities for 2v2 matches
"Danger" ding
More Krypt unlockables
4-player online tag mode
Personalized intros/outtros + dialogue
More hidden characters

I may add to this later.

Same characters + plot as Flying Jinko's MK10 story (don't really want MKDA-MKA characters until maybe the next game, this game should focus on an MK4 plot according to the ending)
No guest characters
Stages/music from MK4
Maybe add brutalities, animalities, friendships, hara-kiri, or mercy if possible (as long as they are implemented right)
Maybe add the ability to pick up/throw weapons like MK4 or have weapons as a secondary again
More alt costumes
Other things like Chess Kombat, Motor Kombat, or Puzzle Kombat return to add more depth
Better fatality presentation (MK2 blood-dripping/bass and MK4 blood splattering on the screen, etc.)
"Danger" ding
More Krypt unlockables
4-player online tag mode
More hidden characters

I may add to this later.
Kiss me please

I don't see how it would be weird lol, if anything it would only enhance the way the characters look. They did it to some extent in MKDA, characters such as Raiden, Quan Chi, Jax etc were noticably taller/heavier built than characters such as Kung Lao, Mavado and Kano. It also felt more natural and realistic. Plus its not like characters are turned to be turned into midgets and giants to make it look THAT apparent. You wouldn't really notice a height difference between a 5'10'' to 6'2'' range, but still it would be apparent on closer inspection and thats what I kinda want. Look at Jin and Kazuya from Tekken for example. Both are the same heights and 'looks' like they have the same physique but on looking at them more carefully, the differences are notable. I want this kind of an approach for Mk9 mainly because right through the series we have seen MK trying to evolve into a good fighter. In the first game what set the characters apart were just their specials and looks and nothing more. Same with MK2, the strategy for these games mainly revolved around the effectiveness of specials and who had the faster punch/kick by doing frame by frame analysis. Then the run and combos came in followed by fighting styles, inspite of all these the character didn't feel 'unique' as compared to the Tekken characters. But finally with MK9 I feel that they have got all of it right, no characters are pallete swaps, all have different and unique combo potentials, all play differently and thus I would also like for them to look more differently to give them that more of that 'unique' factor. In the MK9 Jax is a hard hitter and grappler and thus he could have had a broader frame and taller. Similarly with Raiden, since he is a God he could have been taller as well. Frankly although all characters are unique in their own ways, the only character that stands out to me as really unique is Sheeva. She is taller than the rest, has a larger hitbox and doesn't fight like anyone else in the game. That is the kind of unique i want for all characters. :p
Hope you understand what I mean lol, orginal or new characters I feel they should be presented in a more unique and different way.

Those are only a handful of characters and Goro, Kintaro and Sheeva were made taller since they are meant to be taller. Also the reason why the earlier MK games had similar character heights and physique was that majority of the characters were represented by the same people lol. In is no reason to stick to that anymore and like I explained above, I would like the characters to be more unique.

Also another I would not want is the nostalgia shenanigans some fans keep bombarding Boon's twitter with. You guys got your fan service with MK9 now for heaven's sake please leave NRS to develop MK's future in the way they see fit. You will only remain in the past by clinging to the past and nothing more.

lol I understood what you were saying man. I'm just stating my opinion that I don't want any huge notice-able changes with the original crew. I mean Lui kang doesn't look the same as sub/scorpion in body building sense. He doesn't have those massive biceps. I'm cool with little changes like that. But changing the height now? Also height changing can affect balance if a combo comes up that works only on bigger hitbox characters and combos that whiff on smaller characters. (Sheeva for example can take longer nastier combos because she's huge)

EDIT: all I'm really saying is "I 100% agree with you" that they should've done it like you said. But the deed is already done. I don't want them to change it NOW. Which is why I said do it with the new characters.

It's gonna bother me like how a series/movie sequel will change actors but still play them off like they are the same character. Tolerable, but I'm gonna give it a "wow" factor.

No guest characters
Stages/music from MK4
More alt costumes
"Danger" ding
More Krypt unlockables
4-player online tag mode
More hidden characters

I may add to this later.

I like everything you said here and I agree 100% with this concept but you forgot one thing that made MK4 different from the rest of the MK Games.....The Continue Screen where the Character falls down the Well into a Pit of Spikes. Lol they have to bring that back for MK10 ;)

Oh and Tag Team King of the Hill

lol I understood what you were saying man. I'm just stating my opinion that I don't want any huge notice-able changes with the original crew. I mean Lui kang doesn't look the same as sub/scorpion in body building sense. He doesn't have those massive biceps. I'm cool with little changes like that. But changing the height now? Also height changing can affect balance if a combo comes up that works only on bigger hitbox characters and combos that whiff on smaller characters. (Sheeva for example can take longer nastier combos because she's huge)

EDIT: all I'm really saying is "I 100% agree with you" that they should've done it like you said. But the deed is already done. I don't want them to change it NOW. Which is why I said do it with the new characters.

It's gonna bother me like how a series/movie sequel will change actors but still play them off like they are the same character. Tolerable, but I'm gonna give it a "wow" factor.
Ah ok, got you now. :)

I think if they can make the characters look more unique without affecting the gameplay, if would be a nice addition in the future. Namco and Sega got it right with Tekken and VF, so I think it can be done.

Also that is a good list philesfan36, those are exactly what I want in the next game. :p

Ummm, how is that a bad thing? This only helps brings more life and authenticity to a stage, and a helicopter chasing dragons fits MK, anyway

oh i do like having life and authenticity in a background, but i think there was some things in some levels that were kinda unneccesary like monsters that have nothing to do with mk. you dont fight them, theyre not really mk characters, they just put them there for detail.

- yes they need the "ding" sound when your almost dead.
- NRS please take the little pictures of the characters faces by the health meter away. we know who is who. we dont need it.
- better character pictures in the character select screen. make them bigger too.

Yeah, but it's not like they appeared out of nowhere; they were in the Story Mode and we know they're from Outworld (a realm we really don't know all that much about in the first place) so we know they were apart of the invasion process and plus, remember Kombat Tomb from MK2? That had a dragon/pterodactyl flying in the background and that was an Outworld stage

And yeah, we don't really need those faces by the health bar, we aren't stupid

Last edited: