Your wishlist for MK10

I'm just going to say this. If popularity of characters or appearance of characters doesn't matter, aka Cyber Subz or Human Subz then Injustice would have more characters like Cheetah on the main roster. Instead we got Catwoman who we all know is more popular and recognizeable. I think most need to realize that story is not going to dictate what characters are in the game. MONEY in the end is going to dictate who is in the game. Human Sub-Zero will bring them in more money. They will not leave a human Sub-Zero out of MK10 and I will go as far as to say the human will be the main sub-zero while the cyber version will be the alt.

I can actually stand the cyber counterpart now too, I'm just being realistic. It will piss people off if a human Sub-Zero ain't there. That's a fact. I wouldn't even beat story mode for the longest just because I didn't want cyber sub-zero. That's just one example of how that divides the fanbase, they are not going to risk money for the sake of a character who wasn't even that well received, and they damn sure aren't going to replace that said character with his female counterpart who is even less popular. Story will not dictate the roster in the end. It just won't.

You're right, so there will be a human sub zero, he will be an alt to the primary Cyber Subz.

IMO, If you quit MK over something as foolish as your Fav char(s) absent from one or two games, then IMO you were never a true fan to began with.

Liu Kang rides second only to Scorpion in my MK fav list, yet his tragic absence in MK:DA though sorely missed did not cause unwavering loyalty to a franchise I have loved since before I can remember, to deplete even in the slightest. I turned to Kung Lao to seek vengeance and in the act gained a new Fav. Even in MK's dethroning in the late 90s with Annihilation, or DotR, or Special Forces(all of which I own) for s sake, lol. I yet held on firm and strong knowing that one day it should rise again to former glories, no better time more so then now.

Truth be told, putting out a new game, movie etc, is ALWAYS a risk... and how it is received, remain a mystery in the days before it is revealed. But you just go for it... Killing Liu Kang was a risk...but it turned out not as bad as people thought when his absence was noticed.

Perhaps to show that all stand equal in this game despite who fans adore the most. and also that No one is above death in MK, No Fan Favorite, No Champion... besides...no one is pissed because eventually everyone is going to return. One way or another...

You had my attention and made interesting points, until the bolded part.

How exactly is someone less of an MK fan or not as much of a "true fan," just because they favor a certain character?
I've played MK since I was 11 years old and MK1 was still in arcades.
Just because I like Sub-Zero in my MK games, and may refuse to pay $60 upfront, it doesn't make me any less of a fan.
Sure, I'd get the game later when it goes down in price, but since when in the hell did voting with your wallet = less of a fan.
I'm sorry, but that logic is flawed, considering that I have every single MK game from Sega Genesis all the way up to PS3.
If that's not a good example of a true fan, then I don't know what is.

I'm a HUGE fanatic of the Metal Gear Solid series and also have every Metal Gear Solid game, but I didn't buy Metal Gear Rising because I didn't like the main character.
According to your bolded statement, me not brown-nosing Konami and blindly buying the game makes me less of a fan, regardless of whether I like it or not.

Liu Kang came back as a zombie, with his human alternate in Deception, though, so fans accepted it more.

Sure killing of one of the 2 most popular characters is a risk.
Is it a risk that WB wants to go through with, considering that WB is giving NRS all the money and this isn't Midway anymore?
WB pays NRS and Ed Boon's bills.

Agreed, death is kind of a joke in MK considering that no one STAYS dead in the MK universe, but maybe NRS and Ed Boon want to change that form of thinking, now that they changed the timeline.
Either way (whether it's Bi-Han or Kuai-Liang) NRS is going to have to retcon some of the MK story to bring back Sub-Zero for MK10 or MK11 (if they decide to keep him dead in MK10).

It makes you less of a fan because you don't appreciate as much about the series as say I or Flyman. It isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it is true. I can honestly say that if King or Armor King were taken out of the next Tekken, I wouldn't buy it. At least not at launch. That does in fact make me less of a Tekken fan because a small thing is making me not buy the game

It makes you less of a fan because you don't appreciate as much about the series as say I or Flyman. It isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it is true. I can honestly say that if King or Armor King were taken out of the next Tekken, I wouldn't buy it. At least not at launch. That does in fact make me less of a Tekken fan because a small thing is making me not buy the game

It doesn't make me less of a fan because I don't pre-order it, decide to get it later, or not get it at all.
I have every goddamn MK game that has come out of that studio.
Getting it MK10 cheaper down the road because I don't agree with what's going, or deciding not to get it because I disagree with it is voting with my wallet.
If you collected every single Tekken game and followed the franchise since it first started, and didn't decide to buy one game because you disagree with it, it doesn't make you less of a fan.
It's flawed logic, because you're essentially implying that brown-nosing the developer and buying things blindly makes you more of a fan, which is not true.

The comparison is valid, though because even though Injustice is the first in the series, hardcore tournament fans aren't the only ones picking up Injustice.
I'm sure that people with kids would pick this game up, considering that it doesn't have a mature rating, and kids / the general public love the popular characters.
They're not going to put in characters that only the DC fans know about.
They're going to put in characters that EVERYONE knows about, to make sure that they get more people buying the game.
Do you think the game would sell as well if Superman, Batman, The Joker, Wonder Woman, The flash and Green Lantern weren't on the front cover?
Sure, the hardcore DC or fighting game fan may pick it up, but there are lots of people who see those characters and are like "Cool, a fighting game with superheroes, that I can play with my kids."

I guess you completely missed my point, though I should have explained more in my previous post.

Injustice is the first in a gaming series, that too already based on an established franchise, they are not going to throw in a lot of unknowns in their very first game (even though certain unpopular characters like Aquaman made it into the game and was quite well received), cause they have to reach out to more than the pure DC fans as you mentioned, cause they have to make a good impression especially since it is their first game, the same way MK 1 did back in the day.

It is not the same with MK anymore now. MK's story has evolved over a period of time and so has its characters, majority of fans want to see something new. Fortunately NRS managed to save the franchise through MK9 but unless they have something more to offer than just making sure the most popular characters are in the next game, MK 10 is going to fail miserably. Sure popularity sells, but a better all rounded game that offers a new/enhanced experience and a story, sells more.

It doesn't make me less of a fan because I don't pre-order it, decide to get it later, or not get it at all.
Getting it MK10 cheaper down the road because I don't agree with what's going, or deciding not to get it because I disagree with it is voting with my wallet.
If you collected every single Tekken game and followed the franchise since it first started, and didn't decide to buy one game because you disagree with it, it doesn't make you less of a fan.
It's flawed logic, because you're essentially implying that brown-nosing the developer and buying things blindly makes you more of a fan, which is not true.

You're not listening again. Imagine that.

Blindly following a developer DOES make you more of a fan. But as I clearly said earlier, that isn't necessarily a good thing. Being more of a fan doesn't make you better than someone else. Being less of a fan doesn't make you worse. But if one guy is buying MK10 day one pre ordered and you buy it later down the line, he IS more of a fan than you are.

You had my attention and made interesting points, until the bolded part.

How exactly is someone less of an MK fan or not as much of a "true fan," just because they favor a certain character?
I've played MK since I was 11 years old and MK1 was still in arcades.
Just because I like Sub-Zero in my MK games, and may refuse to pay $60 upfront, it doesn't make me any less of a fan.
Sure, I'd get the game later when it goes down in price, but since when in the hell did voting with your wallet = less of a fan.
I'm sorry, but that logic is flawed, considering that I have every single MK game from Sega Genesis all the way up to PS3.
If that's not a good example of a true fan, then I don't know what is.

I'm a HUGE fanatic of the Metal Gear Solid series and also have every Metal Gear Solid game, but I didn't buy Metal Gear Rising because I didn't like the main character.
According to your bolded statement, me not brown-nosing Konami and blindly buying the game makes me less of a fan, regardless of whether I like it or not.

Liu Kang came back as a zombie, with his human alternate in Deception, though, so fans accepted it more.

Sure killing of one of the 2 most popular characters is a risk, but is it a risk that WB wants to go through with, considering that WB is giving NRS all the money, and this isn't Midway anymore.
WB pays NRS and Ed Boon's bills.

Agreed, death is kind of a joke in MK considering that no one STAYS dead in the MK universe, but maybe NRS and Ed Boon want to change that form of thinking, now that they changed the timeline.
Either way (whether it's Bi-Han or Kuai-Liang) NRS is going to have to retcon some of the MK story to bring back Sub-Zero for MK10 or MK11 (if they decide to keep him dead in MK10).

Keep in mind this is MY opinion(which i stated in the post), which does not have to make sense to you...

But Its not the Char or Game or franchise you favor, its how you react when it changes(sometimes to your disapproval).

If you totally quit MK(which is what I said in past post) because Subz was turned Cyber and remained so, or because one game was crap, then again IMO, you were not a TRUE fan.
If you dont want to buy the new MK because Subz isnt on the cover, thats fine(crazy ridiculous, but fine),but as long as you just did not totally disregard the franchise as a whole like some people do over something like that.

IMO, a TRUE fan is like a TRUE friend. One who sticks with you through thick and thin and still appreciates you and does not bail on you on the first or second sign of trouble. The true measure of a loyal friend or fan is deeper than the eye can see...

Yes, the same can be done with Sub Zero.

I believe boon has creative freedom, just so long as he brings in the money...somehow, someway.

I guess it's not the fact that you would delay your purchase for later because you didn't get what you wanted that is being considered wrong, that is completely fine. It is more about the reason you are delaying it, a change/non inclusion of just one character from a roster of approximately 30 or more characters, which could have a possibly great story, great gameplay and the like. It does unfortunately makes it seem like you don't care for the other aspects of the game as much and are in it only for Sub Zero, thus kind of making you seem like less of a MK fan in general and more of a Sub Zero fan.

I guess you completely missed my point, though I should have explained more in my previous post.

Injustice is the first in a gaming series, that too already based on an established franchise, they are not going to throw in a lot of unknowns in their very first game (even though certain unpopular characters like Aquaman made it into the game and was quite well received), cause they have to reach out to more than the pure DC fans as you mentioned, cause they have to make a good impression especially since it is their first game, the same way MK 1 did back in the day.

It is not the same with MK anymore now. MK's story has evolved over a period of time and so has its characters, majority of fans want to see something new. Fortunately NRS managed to save the franchise through MK9 but unless they have something more to offer than just making sure the most popular characters are in the next game, MK 10 is going to fail miserably. Sure popularity sells, but a better all rounded game that offers a new/enhanced experience and a story, sells more.

What you said in the first paragraph is exactly my point.
Being a new game, Injustice isn't going to have a full cast of unknowns.
MK10 also wouldn't have a roster full of unknowns.
Sure, it'll have new characters in it and post-MK3 characters in it according to the MK9 story ending, but it will have a few familiar faces / favorites too.
My point was that Sub-Zero and Scorpion are the 2 most recognizable characters in the MK series (among casual and hardcore fans alike), with Liu Kang and Raiden coming in 2nd.

I know it's not the same MK, but having a FEW familiar / popular faces like Sub-Zero and Scorpion will help to sell more copies.
Agreed that NRS has to do something different for the next game, but I don't think that killing off Sub-Zero is the answer especially after they turned him Cyber.
Makes no sense.
If they wanted to turn Sub-Zero into a cyborg, then why have him killed off in the same game?
Why bother going through that trouble?
Feels like he was created just to say that "something changed" in the new timeline, which is a shitty excuse.
If they wanted to do a drastic change like that, then they should have kelp him alive or have him help Nightwolf kill Sindel.
He'd be more of a hero for helping kill Sindel and maybe he could have even helped Raiden defeat Shao Kahn, in a Tag match.

You're not listening again. Imagine that.

Blindly following a developer DOES make you more of a fan. But as I clearly said earlier, that isn't necessarily a good thing. Being more of a fan doesn't make you better than someone else. Being less of a fan doesn't make you worse. But if one guy is buying MK10 day one pre ordered and you buy it later down the line, he IS more of a fan than you are.

You're assuming again. Imagine that.

Buying a game later down the road doesn't make me less of a fan because I didn't give up on the series, I just decided to get it later.
I will still buy MK games, but I don't see how me getting it later makes me any less of a fan, considering that I've collected every game and haven't given up on the series.
If anything, I'm more of a fan because I have all the games, even when the series was doing shitty and stayed with MK.
Delaying the purchase because I don't agree with some things =\= less of a fan.
I'm still getting it, just later

Keep in mind this is MY opinion(which i stated in the post), which does not have to make sense to you...

But Its not the Char or Game or franchise you favor, its how you react when it changes(sometimes to your disapproval).

If you totally quit MK(which is what I said in past post) because Subz was turned Cyber and remained so, or because one game was crap, then again IMO, you were not a TRUE fan.
If you dont want to buy the new MK because Subz isnt on the cover, thats fine(crazy ridiculous, but fine),but as long as you just did not totally disregard the franchise as a whole like some people do over something like that.

IMO, a TRUE fan is like a TRUE friend. One who sticks with you through thick and thin and still appreciates you and does not bail on you on the first or second sign of trouble. The true measure of a loyal friend or fan is deeper than the eye can see...

Yes, the same can be done with Sub Zero.

I believe boon has creative freedom, just so long as he brings in the money...somehow, someway.

I'm not totally quitting the franchise by getting the game later, so I don't see how that makes me less of a fan.

Even friends can have disagreements, though, right?
Or do you always agree with what your friends say and do 100% of the time?
If you always agree with your friends, even when they treat you wrong, then you aren't standing up for what you believe.
It doesn't make you a worse friend or less of a friend, you just want to be treated properly, right?

I guess it's not the fact that you would delay your purchase for later because you didn't get what you wanted that is being considered wrong, that is completely fine. It is more about the reason you are delaying it, a change/non inclusion of just one character from a roster of approximately 30 or more characters, which could have a possibly great story, great gameplay and the like. It does unfortunately makes it seem like you don't care for the other aspects of the game as much and are in it only for Sub Zero, thus kind of making you seem like less of a MK fan in general and more of a Sub Zero fan.

Or it could be that Sub-Zero being my favorite character and one of my 4 MK9 mains, and not being in MK10 would make me want to wait.
I agree that MK10 could have a great story, but part of the story IS the characters and is ONE of the reasons why I favor Sub-Zero.
As I said before, I'm open to the idea of them going with Cyber Sub-Zero, but unfortunately he's dead and they killed him off too soon for what he was.
I didn't agree with the change, but as I said before CSZ is better than no Sub-Zero, but NRS isn't even giving that option with both being dead, so why can't I be a bit outraged as a Sub-Zero AND MK fan.

Everyone acts like you're either a fan of MK or a fan of the characters.
Why not both?
I'm expressing my disdain for a decision that NRS made in MK9.
Since I'm invested in Sub-Zero's story and his place in MK10, doesn't that make me as much of a fan?

Last edited:
A zombie and vampire survival mode during a challenge tower or in a form of a Konquest Mode. We can choose which characters can play as.

Everyone acts like you're either a fan of MK or a fan of the characters.
Why not both?
I'm expressing my disdain for a decision that NRS made in MK9.
Since I'm invested in Sub-Zero's story and his place in MK10, doesn't that make me as much of a fan?

If you were really a fan of the story as a whole, the non inclusion of Sub Zero who has a minimal and almost negligible story in the MK4 story line (both in the altered and original), wouldn't have triggered your decision to buy the game later. It's like you are alright with disregarding 95 % of the story just for the want of a character, especially when the said character doesn't even have a prominent role and there are other larger events at hand.

You're assuming again. Imagine that.

Buying a game later down the road doesn't make me less of a fan because I didn't give up on the series, I just decided to get it later.
I will still buy MK games, but I don't see how me getting it later makes me any less of a fan, considering that I've collected every game and haven't given up on the series.
If anything, I'm more of a fan because I have all the games, even when the series was doing shitty and stayed with MK.
Delaying the purchase because I don't agree with some things =\= less of a fan.
I'm still getting it, just later

Who do you think is the bigger Slayer fan?

slayer-small-band-t-shirt_grande.jpeg

CraziestSlayerFan.jpg

As I said, because you didn't listen again, being less of a fan is not a bad thing. But it is a fact. One guy goes out of his way more, he is a fan. No more debating with you.

Who do you think is the bigger Slayer fan?

slayer-small-band-t-shirt_grande.jpeg

CraziestSlayerFan.jpg

As I said, because you didn't listen again, being less of a fan is not a bad thing. But it is a fact. One guy goes out of his way more, he is a fan. No more debating with you.

They guy with the shirt is probably a bigger fan.
Being a nut case and cutting yourself with the word "Slayer" on your head =\= bigger fan.
It just makes you either A) a crouton short of a salad or B) a masochist.

Fanaticism can't be judged off of 1 picture, anyways.
For all we know, the guy with the Slayer shirt has every single Slayer album that ever came out and goes to every single concert, and could have collected lots of Slayer memorabilia over the years.
You seem to judge people based off of first-appearances, which is very misleading.

A person who buys blindly isn't anymore of a fan than me, just like standing in a garage doesn't make you anymore of a car, than an actual car.

If you were really a fan of the story as a whole, the non inclusion of Sub Zero who has a minimal and almost negligible story in the MK4 story line (both in the altered and original), wouldn't have triggered your decision to buy the game later. It's like you are alright with disregarding 95 % of the story just for the want of a character, especially when the said character doesn't even have a prominent role and there are other larger events at hand.

He has a minimal story to YOU, but considering that MK10 would take place during the events of MK4 thru MKD Sub-Zero had a very prominent role in explaining characters like Frost (Which everyone has this sudden fetish with) and Sareena. So saying that Sub-Zero didn't have a big role in the MK4 and post-MK4 story is false.
Even though he wasn't as prominent himself in MK4, his inclusion is necessary in the story (post MK4), in order to explain how those 2 characters came about.

Last edited:
In my opinion, as long as you AT LEAST TRIED every game and LIKED/LOVED it, you are a fan. If you do that to a certain franchise even though you don't have every one of its games but liked most if not all of its games, you are a fan. ;)

The only MK game I really didn't like us MK1. The rest are pretty good.

I'm not totally quitting the franchise by getting the game later, so I don't see how that makes me less of a fan.

Even friends can have disagreements, though, right?
Or do you always agree with what your friends say and do 100% of the time?
If you always agree with your friends, even when they treat you wrong, then you aren't standing up for what you believe.
It doesn't make you a worse friend or less of a friend, you just want to be treated properly, right?

I am not saying nor implying it makes you less a fan by getting the game later... someone said something along those lines...? Nor did I say or imply, You quit or are not loyal to the franchise if you dont buy the game when it comes out first thing in the morning.

I said if u ever quit a franchise because your fav char is not in it or missing from the front cover, then you were not really a TRUE fan of the series.

Now someone else mentioned along the lines of being a fan of the series vs a fan of a series' char to the point of not even getting a game of the series without the char present.

Last edited:
How does showing dedication not equal a fan?

You have no common sense whatsoever and are pretty much Ames with a Cobra Commander helmet. Good day sir

He has a minimal story to YOU, but considering that MK10 would take place during the events of MK4 thru MKD Sub-Zero had a very prominent role in explaining characters like Frost (Which everyone has this sudden fetish with) and Sareena. So saying that Sub-Zero didn't have a big role in the MK4 and post-MK4 story is false.
Even though he wasn't as prominent himself in MK4, his inclusion is necessary in the story (post MK4), in order to explain how those 2 characters came about.

Nope he has a minimal story in general, and always had. Only on very few instances have they had any prominence with the main events of the story. And I'm pretty sure MK10 is only going to focus on the MK4 timeline, you would have to fast forward 10 years of in game story to include events of MKDA and MKD from the original timeline if you want to maintain authenticity to the story, plus there would be too much going on. Also it would lessen Shinnok's prominence as a boss character. All in all a bad idea. MK 10 is most probably going to be just a retelling of MK4 and perhaps from MK 11 onwards, all events after Mk4.

You have no common sense whatsoever and are pretty much Ames with a Cobra Commander helmet. Good day sir

I think fans like that bald man are the ones that warrant concern... his loyalty is there however, that much is certain...

Nope he has a minimal story in general, and always had. Only on very few instances have they had any prominence with the main events of the story. And I'm pretty sure MK10 is only going to focus on the MK4 timeline, you would have to fast forward 10 years of in game story to include events of MKDA and MKD from the original timeline if you want to maintain authenticity to the story, plus there would be too much going on. Also it would lessen Shinnok's prominence as a boss character. All in all a bad idea. MK 10 is most probably going to be just a retelling of MK4 and perhaps from MK 11 onwards, all events after Mk4.

Yes this is all correct.

I never said that dedication =\= being a fan.
Don't put words in my mouth.
There's a difference, though, between dedication and being a masochist and cutting yourself.
That person in the picture has some serious problems.
Aside from that, my main point was that you can't judge someone, just by looking at a picture, just like you can judge who is more of a fan or not by being a blind purchaser of something.

Just because we don't agree on something doesn't mean that I have no common sense.
Apparently, everyone who doesn't agree with you lacks common sense.
Insults aren't needed, as I didn't insult you, but I won't stoop that low.
Good day to you, sir.

MK10 could include some events in DA and D in order to include characters like Frost, which would have to do with Sub-Zero.
Frost and Kenshi didn't come about until DA and D, and if NRS can make Nightwolf, Cyrax and Sektor be there since the events of MK1 in MK9, I'm sure that the same can be done for some characters in MK10. I don't see how it lessens Shinnok's prominence as a boss? MK9 had a bunch of stuff happening in the story, and it didn't lessen Shao Kahn's prominence as a boss character.

The only thing that would lessen Shinnok's prominence as a boss is if he was a crappy playable character like in MK4, and NRS didn't write a strong story for him, like they didn't do in MK4.
Shinnok was weak in MK4 because anyone could beat him, and Goro was harder to fight against.
Given that MK9 had a decent story and made Shao Kahn a good boss, I don't see why they can't do the same for Shinnok.