Your wishlist for MK10

Eh, we have Nitara. Though I'd like to see a more elegant, classy version of her rather than the tribal war paint one.

More Shujinko talk. I am worried that they will follow their current story telling methods (MKvsDC, MK9, Injustice) where they go through character chapters. This could essentially ruin the golden Konquest standard that Deception set. I mean, best of a worst case scenario, Shujinko has the grand majority of chapters. Like Shujinko, then Scorpion, Shujinko, Sub Zero, Shujinko. But that would still ruin it. You never fought as Shujinko in Konquest with the exception of scripted story segments. You fought as random kombatants, showing that Shujinko was training.

Best case scenario? Konquest as Shujinko, we watch other character's stories play out through Shujinko's eyes and we fight as the characters we have fought against and trained with. Not only would this be a great tutorial to learn how to play as every character;

Noob Saibot: If you are to master the art of the shadow, it would be wise to pay more attention to your opponent's shadow itself. Use your minion to keep them at the desired distance. But change your tactics based on how much space is between you two.

And it would beg for exploration. You want to add Sektor to your arsenal of characters? You must find and train with him.

Village boy: I was exploring the icy mountains of the east. I saw a strange crimson man. He seemed to be searching for something. I asked him if he was lost, he almost attacked me! Then he said I wasn't worth his time. He told me he was looking for powerful warriors.

I hate pirate Nitara. If they did bring her back I think she should have a gothic look to her. I don't know whose Idea it was to make her look like a pirate.

I mainly want a character that can manifest their own weapons like Gabriel did in the LOS2 trailer and isn't stuck to just swords and axes. like Nightwolf with his bow and tomahawks. It doesn't really have to be a vampire.

To your other point LP. I hate hate Shujinko but, but. I'm not opposed to them remaking him in the Mk style. I however don't want him to be a mimic character like in mkD. It's different if he uses the freeze and spear, for example, differently then scorpion and sub zero do. But I'd much rather him be completely powerless, or human I should say, I would prefer him to be a weapons and combat expert and very intelligent.

Last edited:
That's exactly what I've been worried about Low.

I really don't think the chapter setup is going to work for the next few games. Not only are Deadly Alliance and Deception different story beasts, but like you said, Shujinko's story really only works with the Deception Konquest setup. It's one of the reasons why I'm seriously considering the Deception konquest mode as more of a necessity than just a wish, unless NRS can come up with a mode just as good

No. We've only see Sub zero manifests swords. I want one the can use any weapon at will and that's not restricted to just swords.

Ames, a combat/weapons character sounds more fitting for someone like Kai or Reiko than someone like Shujinko.

Shujinko needs to stay the way he is. The concept behind his powers is great, it's just his actual moveset that needs to be worked on.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Give Shujinko Yin and Yang powers. Light and dark moveset.

Sub also makes daggers.

Ames, a combat/weapons character sounds more fitting for someone like Kai or Reiko than someone like Shujinko.

Shujinko needs to stay the way he is. The concept behind his powers is great, it's just his actual moveset that needs to be worked on.

Nah. I don't like it. He should have his own set of moves. I'm not against the training side of that coin. I just don't think he should adopt the moves. He should use the knowledge given to him and manipulate it into something completely new and unique to him.

Nah. I don't like it. He should have his own set of moves. I'm not against the training side of that coin. I just don't think he should adopt the moves. He should use the knowledge given to him and manipulate it into something completely new and unique to him.

Nobody said or wants him to adopt moves of other characters as they are. But he need not manipulate what he has learned or absorbed into something COMPLETELY new. It would stray away a bit from his character. He should use various powers/fighting styles in his own unique way however, perhaps combination of powers such as fire, ice, telekinesis, electricity, wind, kunai or unique ways to utilize these powers individually that is not common to those he learned them from.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Give Shujinko Yin and Yang powers. Light and dark moveset.

This actually is a really awesome idea. He could start off however as he was, learning different styles/powers throughout his life and by the time of post-deception era in the reboot, with the experience he gained and the power he accumulated he attains enlightenment and he learns to channel all the powers he gained into two ultimate powers. "Yang" which comprises of light could manifest from all the corrupt free powers he obtained and the good deeds he had done and "Yin" which comprises of shadow could manifest from the bad deeds and corrupt or hellish powers he had obtained. These two could then form part of his being as well symbolizing the true philosophical meaning behind the yin yang, being two contemporary forces joined together to form a greater whole, in Shujinko's case, the ultimate warrior and monk.

Awesome!!! I wonder what's gonna happen when they do a bit of Shujinko's story especially since he should already have like 3-4 kamidogu when Shinnok is preparing for his invasion on Earthrealm, Outword and the Heavens.

I have a strong feeling Shujinko's role won't be as big as you guys want it. I'm not saying I don't what it to happen.

It's just that Johnny Cages ending....

Kind of has me believing he's gonna steal all the glory soon.

True on that Critical, but don't count out Shujinko just yet. He can power up to stall against Shinnok so he can give others time to find a way to weaken the fallen Elder God before he gets any stronger with the amulet in hand.

Shujinko's role'll stay the same as it was in the original timeline most likely

I never expected and still don't expect him to be the main character for more than one game

Shujinko's role'll stay the same as it was in the original timeline most likely

I never expected and still don't expect him to be the main character for more than one game

That's an assumption though no? Didn't part of shujinko story take part in some of the first MK's? his story probably could be altered in some way on raiden's choices already made.

Butterfly effect.

Hmmm. Not sure how NRS will do the storyline justice for MK10, but hopefully it will be just as epic as FJ's MK10 storyline in the fanfic. Anyways, Shujinko IS gonna have a major supporting role, due to the fact that Earthrealm is short on fighters able to defend from Shinnok's wrath. Everyone knows Jinko's main actual role will occur during the Dragon King dilemma.

To Metal:
Did you ever check your last message from me? I know you've check my Onaga fanfic story. BUT...I was telling you that I done a non-MK fanfic on here that I finished last year. You should check that one out.

I'll check it out later FireDragon, forgot about it when I first got the message.

And Critical, I don't even think Shujinko will actually be in MK10, but yes, parts of his story did take place after MK1.

I don't really feel like getting into deep speculation about the story just yet

I'll check it out later FireDragon, forgot about it when I first got the message.

And Critical, I don't even think Shujinko will actually be in MK10, but yes, parts of his story did take place after MK1.

I don't really feel like getting into deep speculation about the story just yet

I'm not trying to deep speculate, I'm just saying, I don't think he's guaranteed to have his "own game" like he did before.

I'm not trying to deep speculate, I'm just saying, I don't think he's guaranteed to have his "own game" like he did before.

I would almost guarantee that he won't. As far as Shujinko goes, I loved his story when Deception was around and I became a huge fan. However, now that several years have passed I'm just kinda meh on him. I don' see how to make him play different from other characters when his whole story revolved around learning from other characters. That's why I'm just a No on him for MK10. Maybe when MK11 rolls around I would feel differently and I think I might actually, but I don't see him fitting in the MK4 era. It may be because I already have a roster that I want for the next game and he's not in it. I think that Bo Rai Cho and Kenshi should pick up heavy roles next time.

Although Critical could be right as well, Johnny may take up the role of main hero even though I would be opposed to that. Ever since Deadly Alliance I have seen Kenshi as a new main hero, people tend to disagree, but I thought he was supposed to take up the hole that Liu Kang left. That never happened though. I also have my own story already kind of wrote up, and that probably makes me look at things differently as well.

Anyway I think Shujinko should show up in MK11, but MKX not so much. I could even see Kai becoming a good hero in MKX.

Kai should definitely take the role, but at the same time, I don't think so. The reason is that he doesn't want to fight unless it's needed, since he's trying to maintain his pacifist role of obtaining ultimate enlightenment. Although he WILL defend Earthrealm when things get out of hand.