• Totaly!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hate it Totaly!

• Really Don't Care....

• Total voters

MoonEye821

I think the original MKD for the PS2 and X-Box are great. I beleive adding more characters will taint and make a rift between fans much like MKT did for PS and N64. But that is another story.

This topic I would like to point out the laws I found so far in the suposadly "Arcade Perfect," port of MK1.

First would have to be the total drop of sound volume for the second fightign stage. "The Buda One." The music is there, yet hardly able to be heard where the efects are still the same volume. This is a mistake I beleive is there for no better reason than COMPLETE carlessness.

I may be wrong, but I beleive early online Midway Arcade Treasures 2 was said to have MK1-3. I think to make it more rare, and make the SE Disk of MKD worth the while, they simply riped the game off Treasure at the LAST moment and pasted it ont he bonus disk. Which was a great ideal that I apluaded at first. But they left behind ALL the respect adn quality it would have had, had it been on treasures in the process. Which Treasures wern't all fully "perfect" either.

This will explain the next mistakes. No save feature. This means no control configeration. No high score standings. And no dificulty settings. These three things would have been there, had it been left on Treasures, or transfered properly.

The other msot noticable mistake is no Reptile tips... No Reptile. One of the most memerable characters. The first hiden character in MK history! Totaly forgoten. This is because an inferior version of the game was ported in the first place. One far before Reptile. I supose we should be thankful that the version we have has the ability to select two of the same characters at the same time. An improovment added later much like Reptile.

I've also read many people complaining that the dificulty is set far too high, which would not be a problem for a dificulty option, which we do not have.

I am hoping TV Games will take the time and efort to do the RIGHT JOB and give us what could be the first true complete port of MK1 that Midway didn't. Too be the greates MK! :)

Best I can see online, that is version 5.0.

The DISK is a great bonus for the SE Edition. The ideal was great. It just was not done properly. And the port was poorly done.

Anyway, have anything else to say? Please vote and add your comints. This has been taken from the PS2 version, maybe the X-Box is difrent, but I doubt it. Thanks and please respond. :)

Re: Happy with MK1 "Arcade Perect" port for the SE

MoonEye821 said:
The other msot noticable mistake is no Reptile tips... No Reptile. One of the most memerable characters. The first hiden character in MK history! Totaly forgoten.

Reptile is in it, end of story. I'm "a guy on here (who has been here for a while I guess) who claims he has fought Reptile". I found him, defeated him and performed a fatality on him while playing as Scorpion. If you haven't fought Reptile yet, I can tell you for a fact that it is due to at least one of these circumstances:

1. You forgot or neglected to know that Reptile can only be discovered and fought during a one-player game against the computer... or

2. You forgot or neglected to know that Reptile can only be discovered and fought if a silhouette passes in front of the moon on the match in question... or

3. You forgot or neglected to know that you cannot press block under ANY circumstances during the two rounds you win, including while you do your fatality (meaning Liu Kang and Sonya can't fight Reptile)... or

4. You're a neglectful or forgetful idiot and didn't even try to fight Reptile yourself; you just took the word of the couple other idiots who tried unsuccessfullly to pull it off and actually thought that the MK team would remove an infamous feature from the original game just to piss you off

MoonEye821 said:
I've also read many people complaining that the dificulty is set far too high, which would not be a problem for a dificulty option, which we do not have.

I've seen these people complain as well, and they are all full of shit. The difficulty is EXACTLY the same as it was in the arcade back in 1992. Don't believe me? Download MAME or track down an old arcade that still has the machine and play it. My guess is that you haven't even played the original arcade version in over a decade and the only references you have in recent memory for the difficulty of the game are the home versions which were incredibly easy by comparison.

I never tried to fight Reptile. But if he is in the game, it's still not the most updated version. Because the most updated version has Reptile tips. Or so I've read.

I have played it in the Arcade Last Summer. The dificulty is slightly harder. The POINT is this game has no dificulty settings like it SHOULD. Therefor it's running on default deificulty.

The game should realisticly have a dificulty option, they do in Treasures.

The fact was NOT Reptile was missing, bat rather that it's an inferior version. This can still be PROOVEn because Sonya is still using her old way of fireing rings. LP B LP Rather than B B LP. B B LP can be shown here on a leading MK sight. http://www.mortalkombatbible.com/hVer.html#mk1

So the point was the version is not the best and SHOULD have been.

You're only valid point may be that Reptile is in the game. But the fact still remains regardless that it's not a perfect port because it's not the most updated version. Having the rights, this is something Midway should have been able to do. Give a full version. :)

MoonEye821 said:
I never tried to fight Reptile. But if he is in the game, it's still not the most updated version. Because the most updated version has Reptile tips. Or so I've read.

So then don't bitch if you've never even tried it yourself. Consider how rare Reptile hints were, though. They only popped up every certain number of matches, and considering every time you turn on your console to play that version of MK1 you're starting over at match one, you're going to see them even less often.

Okay, let's talk about MK1 for the Genesis for a moment. I played the hell out of that game and still I cannot once recall seeing Reptile hints given on the Genesis version without using cheat codes. Just because I hadn't seen them in normal play doesn't mean they weren't there, because they obviously were.

It's the same thing with this version of the game. Unless you've played 20 whole consecutive games against the computer in a row to make absolute sure that the hints are actually missing from the game, you just don't know. And I'll assume you haven't done that since you bitched about Reptile being in the game without even trying to find him yourself.

MoonEye821 said:
I have played it in the Arcade Last Summer. The dificulty is slightly harder. The POINT is this game has no dificulty settings like it SHOULD. Therefor it's running on default deificulty.

Okay, so you're saying that this version without a switchable difficulty is slightly harder than a version with a switchable difficulty? Did you ever think that maybe the arcade version you played was set differently that its default settings? There's an MK2 machine at my arcade with the blood and fatalities switched off, so I think it's quite possible that an MK1 machine somewhere else had the difficulty turned down.

Just for the sake of argument, I've played the MAME (arcade emulation) version of MK1 more recently than a year ago, and I don't notice any discernable difference in the difficulty of the game.

MoonEye821 said:
You're only valid point may be that Reptile is in the game. But the fact still remains regardless that it's not a perfect port because it's not the most updated version. Having the rights, this is something Midway should have been able to do. Give a full version. :)

I never claimed that this was a perfect translation. That was not a point I was trying to make at all. The point I was trying to make was that you really need to get your facts straight before you rip on something. If you're just going by what others have said is in the game or isn't in the game, it makes you look ignorant. I don't buy a point that's made ending in "or so I've read".

Why cant Ed Boon release a 2 Disc Mortal Kombat Anthology 1st Disc with MK1, MKII, MK3 and the next disc with UMK3, MK4, MK Gold????

THAT WOULD FUCKING RULE