Songs that your favorite artists/bands failed on

Shirayuki Mizore

What's that one song that you just despise because one of your favorite artists/bands came up with it and decided to make your eardrums bleed or just make you disappointed?

Why Katy? Why would you do that to us?

Why Katy? Why would you do that to us?

I agree. Why WOULD she do that to us?
Oh yeah, I forgot. She's Katy Perry. She was born to make our eardrums bleed with her sandpapered man-voice.

The biggest failure I can think of from someone who ACTUALLY has talent is from Gackt. This dude used to be deliciously hardcore back in the late 90s/early 2000s but now... Oh dear God...

(and before you pervs go saying the "chick" in the video is hot, I'll have you know that its Gackt in drag. You're welcome.)

I won't post any videos, but Korn beginning to collaborate with dubstep DJs is just horrible.

For me, it wasn't just one song, but an entire album. Sadly, I got duped into buying this when it first came out when I was almost 16. Instead of sparing all of you the embarassment of listening to this crap, I'm just giving you the album cover...

3788.jpg

Is it any coincidence that the band severed ties with Dan Huff, Bud Prager, Marty Friedman, and Capitol Records in the aftermath of this piece of shit album?

As a Megadeth fan, I am proud to say that I'm glad this album was a bust! It was a wake-up call for Dave Mustaine to stop trying to appease a major record label, a Platinum-selling manager, and a lead guitarist who got fed up with metal and wanted to play pop just so he could get that #1 spot on the charts, and instead take back control of his band and steer it back in the direction he originally wanted it to go in!

Last edited:
For me, it wasn't just one song, but an entire album. Sadly, I got duped into buying this when it first came out when I was almost 16. Instead of sparing all of you the embarassment of listening to this crap, I'm just giving you the album cover...

3788.jpg

Is it any coincidence that the band severed ties with Dan Huff, Bud Prager, Marty Friedman, and Capitol Records in the aftermath of this piece of shit album?

As a Megadeth fan, I am proud to say that I'm glad this album was a bust! It was a wake-up call for Dave Mustaine to stop trying to appease a major record label, a Platinum-selling manager, and a lead guitarist who got fed up with metal and wanted to play pop just so he could get that #1 spot on the charts, and instead take back control of his band and steer it back in the direction he originally wanted it to go in!

which album are you talking about??

Oh yeah, I forgot. She's Katy Perry. She was born to make our eardrums bleed with her sandpapered man-voice.

The biggest failure I can think of from someone who ACTUALLY has talent is from Gackt. This dude used to be deliciously hardcore back in the late 90s/early 2000s but now... Oh dear God...

(and before you pervs go saying the "chick" in the video is hot, I'll have you know that its Gackt in drag. You're welcome.)

I've met Gackt before on one of my trips to Japan. Seriously strange dude. Painstakingly polite but... Strange.

I'd say... X Japan dropped the ball pretty much everything post 1992; The same could be said for Metallica...("Frantic" comes to mind), I really didn't like some of Megadeth's later stuff (I've given Endgame a total skip)...

Man...there's a LOT of stuff my favorite artists have botched over the years.

Edit: Just saw what SR wrote. Yep. Pretty much that...though I wasn't really fond of Risk either. :laugh:

I know Gackt, My friend tried to get me into them. I couldn't though >.>

As for me Linkin Park is getting worse to me.

But that's my opinion I know a lot of people who like the direction it's going.

@freyith:
When were you in Japan? I lived there for 3 years just wondering.

Yeah. Modest Mouse has been making music since 1993.
They've made 16 albums and have been my favorite band for 5 years.
My first taste of them was off the album "This is a long drive for someone with nothing to think about"..
but mostly everyone will think of this when I say Modest Mouse:

It also doesn't help that Lupe Fiasco did this:

I understand how it works, though.
Modest Mouse wanted some money, so they made "Float On."
Being a good band and indie is one thing.. but sometime you need the cash.
Still an alright song, but GODDAMN IT they have made much much much much more music before and after that.

I hope you liked it. ^.^. I need to go back sometime soon, especially considering the events of this year.

Okay. [/offtopic] :laugh:

I don't have 1 specific song that was terrible, as it was more of a certain "era" that was terrible, for a beloved band.

Metallica from 1991 to 2006 was garbage, under producer Bob Rock.
Thank you Rick Ruben, for saving Metallica.

That is all.

"Producer" is a bit ostentatious for the likes of Bob Rock. "Hanger-on" is far more appropriate. During SKOM I wanted to punch my TV every time he had something to say.

"Producer" is a bit ostentatious for the likes of Bob Rock. "Hanger-on" is far more appropriate. During SKOM I wanted to punch my TV every time he had something to say.

I wouldn't call Bob Rock much of a "producer" either, but he did produce their work in that era, as much as it pains me to say it.