New Tier List post patch

Zoidberg747

This is the newest tier list, according to REO and Tom Brady. The characters are listed alphabetically within each tier. For a more precise list, the community will have to take part in the match up thread in the near future.

S (top tier): Cyrax, Kabal, Kung Lao, Raiden, Sub Zero

S- (low top tier): Freddy, Jax, Kano, Kitana, Mileena, Rain, Reptile, Smoke

A+ (high mid tier): Johnny Cage, Liu Kang, Nightwolf, Scorpion, Sektor, Sheeva, Sonya

A (mid tier): Baraka, Kenshi, Noob Saibot, Shang Tsung, Skarlet, Stryker

B (low mid tier): Cyber Sub Zero, Ermac, Quan Chi

B- (low tier): Jade, Sindel

They are also going to start making a community tier list and matchup chart again soon.
Any way...Discuss!

I still don't have the patch :(

Wow, Sheeva as A+? o_O
Jax as S-?

Crazy man! I find hilarious Ermac is so low and yet people still complain about him.

I agree with those S tiers. They're not going anywhere. They're undoubtely the best characters in the game.

Am I the only one who thinks tiers don't matter?
I've done my fair share of stomping with CSZ on Cyraxs and Kung Laos online.
The only thing that really matters is how well you know your character.

People are saying Jax could be S tier real soon..

I woont play him until he gets his gun back

oh yeah, csz has that 332 low 34 med mixup game, all I used in the time I mained him

and my stryker used to pwn many kung laos back in April

Online they dont matter no. Keep in mind the absolute lowest tier is B-, which means all the characters can beat all the other characters. Also, no one cares if you stomp KL and Cyrax online, I do that with Raka all the time. Take it to a tournament or a good player and you will see where tiers hold significance.

Tier lists are not "This character always beats this character" They are more like: "If two equally skilled players played ten times, how many games would that character win against most of the cast"

Online they dont matter no. Keep in mind the absolute lowest tier is B-, which means all the characters can beat all the other characters. Also, no one cares if you stomp KL and Cyrax online, I do that with Raka all the time. Take it to a tournament or a good player and you will see where tiers hold significance.

Tier lists are not "This character always beats this character" They are more like: "If two equally skilled players played ten times, how many games would that character win against most of the cast"

What?
Seriously, what the ****?
I didn't ask you about your opinion about my online capabilities.
"No one cares if I stomp Kung Lao and Cyrax online?"
I'm not bragging at all, in fact, I get my ass kicked by alot of TRMK players.
This isn't about who's dick is bigger.
I've taken it to a few little local tourney's and won every time (again, not bragging)
And I know what a tier list is.
I still think they don't amount to a hill of shit.
Someone who has mastered Sindel and someone who has mastered Subzero play against each other...
The better player will win.
It doesn't matter what some list says.
Just my opinion.

Someone who has mastered Sindel and someone who has mastered Subzero play against each other...
The better player will win.
It doesn't matter what some list says.
Just my opinion.
Tier lists don't say which character will win, they only say that - in this case - Sub-Zero has better tools to overcome Sindel (which is true now Sub-Zero got buffed in his slide). That doesn't mean that Sindel cannot beat Sub-Zero. I believe you're misunderstanding tier lists or match-up charts.

As a Nightwolf player, I have to think of my match-ups now, Jax I feel is gonna be a pain in the ass now...

Tier lists don't say which character will win, they only say that - in this case - Sub-Zero has better tools to overcome Sindel (which is true now Sub-Zero got buffed in his slide). That doesn't mean that Sindel cannot beat Sub-Zero. I believe you're misunderstanding tier lists or match-up charts.

As a Nightwolf player, I have to think of my match-ups now, Jax I feel is gonna be a pain in the ass now...

I just feel like it dictates certain things in a game.
Let's say I do play as Cyrax (which I sometimes do) and I beat a.. Smoke, let's say that.
People like to b1tch and complain that "Oh since I picked Cyrax It was easy for me since he is such high tier."
It's not about his bombs or nets, It's how I react to their offense and my strategy to win.

I just feel like it dictates certain things in a game.
Let's say I do play as Cyrax (which I sometimes do) and I beat a.. Smoke, let's say that.
People like to b1tch and complain that "Oh since I picked Cyrax It was easy for me since he is such high tier."
It's not about his bombs or nets, It's how I react to their offense and my strategy to win.

The problem is your saying every matchup in the game is 5-5.
It just isnt true, Kabal has a huge advantage over say Stryker. Yeah Vulcan could kick a scrubby Kabals ass, but he even admitted that against a decent one Stryker struggles. Im not insulting you, im just saying I didnt think you really got tier lists.

Also, people ***** about everything online, my friend hates everything but midscreen combos. Stop taking what people say online seriously, they are always going to find SOMETHING to ***** about

The problem is your saying every matchup in the game is 5-5.
It just isnt true, Kabal has a huge advantage over say Stryker. Yeah Vulcan could kick a scrubby Kabals ass, but he even admitted that against a decent one Stryker struggles. Im not insulting you, im just saying I didnt think you really got tier lists.

Also, people ***** about everything online, my friend hates everything but midscreen combos. Stop taking what people say online seriously, they are always going to find SOMETHING to ***** about

Yeah, people like to ***** about everything :laugh:
And I know that not every match is 5-5.
I know if a scrub kabal would get his shit tore up against a pro baraka.
And a pro kabal would obviously tear up a 'raka.
I just think a player's skill is a more important factor than a rating system.
That's all I'm saying.
And It's all good bro, I just thought you were dicking me about the online shit.

wow. this is how i know tier lists are pure bullshyt. johnny had 2 little nerfs. nut punch does 2% less damage and F3, 2 doesnt 2in1 into special moves no more. and he drops 2 ranks in the tiers. wtf? HE IS STILL THE SAME PERSON! yes, f3, 2 doesnt 2in1 BUT IT IS STILL SPECIAL CANCELLABLE! so johnny can still do one of his best block strings (f3 2 into en low orbs) and still continue his pressure since he's left with a frame advantage on block. he's still the EXACT same person imo and his "nerfs" didnt effect me one bit. and kitana drops one rank because she doesnt do as much damage anymore? my bnb only dropped 3% in dmg. thats not that bad. this makes no sense...

Sindel got more buffs than anyone, and still she is considered Bottom? Baraka and Sheeva should be level, in my opinion.

Ermac as low as that?

And how the HELL is Smoke higher than Night Wolf??

I hugely disagree with the whole SZ/Sindel debate. Sindel has everything to overcome SZ.

Ugh, I really like Tom Brady but that tier list is so whack.#

I would also argue that most of A+ tier is better than S- tier, IN MY OPINION.

Last edited: