New Tier List post patch

Tier list means nothing to me as I am not an elite player. I am sure they are only relevant for top players.

Also, they are just opinions. Just because they are the opinion of top players doesn't mean they are gospel. They can still get it wrong.

Tier list means nothing to me as I am not an elite player. I am sure they are only relevant for top players.

Also, they are just opinions. Just because they are the opinion of top players doesn't mean they are gospel. They can still get it wrong.

Yeah but they are opinions based in metagame and matchup facts. True they can get it wrong because not every avenue has been explored. But it's more accurate than you think.

Yeah but they are opinions based in metagame and matchup facts. True they can get it wrong because not every avenue has been explored. But it's more accurate than you think.

The proof is in the pudding, and there is a lot of pudding. It tastes good sometimes, it also collects bacteria sometimes.

I personally think Jax should be lower. Yeah he's great but now that 4,1,command grab is nerfed I dont see how he moved up a tier..

I personally think Jax should be lower. Yeah he's great but now that 4,1,command grab is nerfed I dont see how he moved up a tier..

btw... that thread you made is cool. Cuz someone forced me to lab up rain. And he's relatively easy to learn. and has a good anti air/get off me move, while a really good quick 50/50. (one extremely punishing the other not so much)

infact all he is missing IMO is a low starter thne he'd be the best character in the game imo.

My secondary is rain right now too. Cant say im having as much luck with Kenshi, but ill give him a couple more days. and you and Flagg gave me the idea :p

kenshis boring its like playing a blind man with a magical sword y'know..

I hate fighting kenshi.. so hard to get in on him when people keep you out with Teleflury.

But with reptile if you elbow dash twice while kenshi is preforming teleflury you can close in on him.

I hate fighting kenshi.. so hard to get in on him when people keep you out with Teleflury.

But with reptile if you elbow dash twice while kenshi is preforming teleflury you can close in on him.

yah, my favorite scenario is blocked tele kick or roll and he punishes with a that launcher and combos the shit out of you

the joys of playing vs turtlers as mileena lol

What?
Seriously, what the ****?
I didn't ask you about your opinion about my online capabilities.
"No one cares if I stomp Kung Lao and Cyrax online?"
I'm not bragging at all, in fact, I get my ass kicked by alot of TRMK players.
This isn't about who's dick is bigger.
I've taken it to a few little local tourney's and won every time (again, not bragging)
And I know what a tier list is.
I still think they don't amount to a hill of shit.
Someone who has mastered Sindel and someone who has mastered Subzero play against each other...
The better player will win.
It doesn't matter what some list says.
Just my opinion.

Agreed. I'm interested in Tier Lists nonetheless just to see how people rank the characters. But ultimately, they mean nothing to me.

Every character has his/her strengths and weaknesses. That's that. It depends on the skill of the player and nothing more.

You sir, I believe; have the right idea.

Last edited:
yah, my favorite scenario is blocked tele kick or roll and he punishes with a that launcher and combos the shit out of you

the joys of playing vs turtlers as mileena lol

If that happens to you, Your not playing a good mileena. You cant just throw out random teleports and expect to close in on him. A whiffed roll from fullscreen might help. You cant out zone him. Teleflurry starts up faster than sias. Im not sure about Insta sais though o-o

If that happens to you, Your not playing a good mileena. You cant just throw out random teleports and expect to close in on him. A whiffed roll from fullscreen might help. You cant out zone him. Teleflurry starts up faster than sias. Im not sure about Insta sais though o-o

if this doesnt happen to you then your not playing people who know how to bait... it happens to every mil player oonce in a while even reo LOL

if this doesnt happen to you then your not playing people who know how to bait... it happens to every mil player oonce in a while even reo LOL

Most tele kicks when at a distance are reactionairy, unless you got EX to make an extremely safe approach. even rolls can be done on reaction. to projectiles/ waiting for them to whiff a string. (Kenshi is a exception though as his projectiles are like instant lol)

But when it's a wake up game and they're in your face. I can agree with you. It's a mix up, and one that you have to commit to when they are in your face. There is no reaction in this scenario, it's only reading/prediction.

Even REO isn't stupid enough to throw out a random roll(to get baited), He looks for somewhat guaranteed openings.

I wanna say the only times I've seen reo get blocked like that is on wakeup when you have no choice but to committ, or he's behind and needs big damage to hope to catch back up and tries to deal out a roll when the opponent is trying to be offensive.

Last edited:
Most tele kicks when at a distance are reactionairy, unless you got EX to make an extremely safe approach. even rolls can be done on reaction. to projectiles/ waiting for them to whiff a string. (Kenshi is a exception though as his projectiles are like instant lol)

But when it's a wake up game and they're in your face. I can agree with you. It's a mix up, and one that you have to commit to when they are in your face. There is no reaction in this scenario, it's only reading/prediction.

Even REO isn't stupid enough to throw out a random roll(to get baited), He looks for somewhat guaranteed openings.

I wanna say the only times I've seen reo get blocked like that is on wakeup when you have no choice but to committ, or he's behind and needs big damage to hope to catch back up and tries to deal out a roll when the opponent is trying to be offensive.

and case in point , it happens to everyone

NEW tier list via Tom Brady, REO, m2dave, and PL a little:

S = 0-2 bad match ups
A+ = 3-4 bad match ups
A = 5-6 bad match ups
B = 7-8 bad match ups
C = 9-10 bad match ups
D = 11+ bad match ups

S Cyrax, Kabal, Kitana, Mileena, Smoke, Raiden
A+ Freddy Krueger, Jax, Johnny Cage, Kung Lao, Rain, Reptile, Sektor, Sonya, Sub Zero
A Cyber Sub Zero, Kano, Kenshi, Liu Kang, Scorpion, Quan Chi, Shang Tsung
B Baraka, Ermac, Noob, Sheeva
C Nightwolf, Sindel, Skarlet, Stryker
D Jade

Agree? Disagree? Discuss!

NEW tier list via Tom Brady, REO, m2dave, and PL a little:

S = 0-2 bad match ups
A+ = 3-4 bad match ups
A = 5-6 bad match ups
B = 7-8 bad match ups
C = 9-10 bad match ups
D = 11+ bad match ups

S Cyrax, Kabal, Kitana, Mileena, Smoke, Raiden
A+ Freddy Krueger, Jax, Johnny Cage, Kung Lao, Rain, Reptile, Sektor, Sonya, Sub Zero
A Cyber Sub Zero, Kano, Kenshi, Liu Kang, Scorpion, Quan Chi, Shang Tsung
B Baraka, Ermac, Noob, Sheeva
C Nightwolf, Sindel, Skarlet, Stryker
D Jade

Agree? Disagree? Discuss!

Nightwolf is an extremely well rounded character, I don't see how he has so many bad match ups. I'm baffled why they're promoting the Hell out of Smoke. Maybe CSZ should be a little higher, otherwise that all looks quite good.

Nightwolf gets out zoned by low pokes supposedly. I dont know about smoke either, because Baraka is definitely a bad matchup for him.