New Tier List post patch

Raiden's teleport was patched and now has more frame recovery. It shouldn't even reconnect now. You'd have to spend a meter bar for that to work.

No I mean block the combo high to begin with. To even START that combo your oppponent has to block low, or take a hit from you while in lag from histun or lag from performing a whiffed move.

It's a 50/50 because they can roll out.

to avoid the roll out you back dash with Noob saibot to make them roill into the hole.(Cuz they can't roll away already full screen)
but.. if you back dash. you don't have a shadow on screen in time to push them into the hole.

I partially main Noob saibot man... and I go to offline tournaments/study the competitive scene.

Noob is just suffering because his strength is his zone game. his upclose game is pretty garbage outside of pokes. He has horrible wakeups if your opponent knows how to time anything. Noob has "ok" mix ups now with his new overhead shadow. But people will actually have advantage on you if you hit them with a low slide up close unless you EX it. So upclose slide isn't much of a mix up. Sneaky saibot string is like his only low string no? And it just leads to whoopdee doo 1 hit. Although you are put in a favorable position. As long as your opponent blocks high MOST of the time. you won't nail his big damage unless you are successful in baiting him to a whiff or a punishable special.

Jade suffers from not having a reliable overhead,
while Noob suffers from having nothing that combos off of a low hit. The closest thing you get is a EX slide into grab.

ok ok i was going to read this entire thread but i just have to post this because so far wraith hasnt brought up a few points.

I personally think the argument that you can block high and cancel it out is a poor one. that goes for the same for anyone if you know when to block high/low. But lets ignore that for now.

You say his b1 requires sexy spacing, actually a lot of his moves/specials can end in the perfect spacing to land B1. hell b1 has the perfect amount of time if you use it right after blocking say mileenas sky drop or raidens superman it will connect AS their feet touch the ground. no fancy timing needed.

his blackhold resets are not really meant offensive as noobs offense really does suck. but its the PERFECT punish combo. heres why.

you punish wit it and land the reset...now your getting into high damage territory as this reset can be carried to 100% if they keep getting caught.

if they get out of the reset...they are at full screen and noob now has a overhead and a low hitting shadow to compliment his very strong zoning. He can zone overhead/low, punis a predicted jump with a teleport which leaves him at the perfect space and recovery to land another b1, and any of his moves can be made safe by canceling into upknee anyways.

So in summary noobs zoning is amazing as everyone knows, but he also has fullscreen mixup/mindgame/50/50's as PUNISHMENT and even if they get out of it noobs at advantage!

so...amazing zoning, amazing punishment resets, fast footsies.

i think hes better then mid tier personally, but it would require someone to play im right of whic ive only seen a couple people do so.

ok ok i was going to read this entire thread but i just have to post this because so far wraith hasnt brought up a few points.

I personally think the argument that you can block high and cancel it out is a poor one. that goes for the same for anyone if you know when to block high/low. But lets ignore that for now.

You say his b1 requires sexy spacing, actually a lot of his moves/specials can end in the perfect spacing to land B1. hell b1 has the perfect amount of time if you use it right after blocking say mileenas sky drop or raidens superman it will connect AS their feet touch the ground. no fancy timing needed.

his blackhold resets are not really meant offensive as noobs offense really does suck. but its the PERFECT punish combo. heres why.

you punish wit it and land the reset...now your getting into high damage territory as this reset can be carried to 100% if they keep getting caught.

if they get out of the reset...they are at full screen and noob now has a overhead and a low hitting shadow to compliment his very strong zoning. He can zone overhead/low, punis a predicted jump with a teleport which leaves him at the perfect space and recovery to land another b1, and any of his moves can be made safe by canceling into upknee anyways.

So in summary noobs zoning is amazing as everyone knows, but he also has fullscreen mixup/mindgame/50/50's as PUNISHMENT and even if they get out of it noobs at advantage!

so...amazing zoning, amazing punishment resets, fast footsies.

i think hes better then mid tier personally, but it would require someone to play im right of whic ive only seen a couple people do so.

He does not have full screen 50/50's It's not really a 50/50 if you can stop both on reaction full screen.

No it's not the same for everyone. when you fight a ermac and a Skarlet, and a Noob saibot. They will never do HUGE damage off landing a low attack. So it's hard to land big combos with them because it takes extreme conditioning to force the proper habit out of your opponent. (for upclose fighting and your opponent can block)

Noob's slides are dangerous upclose. Most everyone can full punish combo when they block it correctly.

I never said his zoning was garbage. I'm saying his offense upclose is garbage. The most you will do most of the time is chip unless you catch them off guard with a crossover jump punch or condition them low hardcore.

I know how long the portal reset can keep going. you're the one who showed me. But it's still not a "guarantee" That's all I'm saying. He was making it sound like GUARANTEED damage.

your 50/50 from projectiles only really work roughly midscreen around where ermac would be zoning. FULL screen a pro will stop them all on reaction.

I didnt' say anything about super sexy timing. I know there are set ups. But these setups doesn't mean they are 100% vulnerable.. they can still block lol.

I'm talking about starting the initial hit.

You can walk back make them whiff an attack then start ur B1 to hit them inbetween attacks. I have ok success with this. But it's very strict spacing.

No one here is saying is zoning is weak so I don't know why you're bringing that up.

I never said portal reset was a waste of time either. dunno why you're explaining to me how it's a good punish. I know it's a good punish. I'm saying it's not a punish that happens often because noob has nothing dangerous to combo off low so where is the fear to let you break his block?

It's not a poor argument about blocking high against noob.

You can't just BLOCK high against Mileena, you can't just BLOCK high against Lui kang, you can't just BLOCK HIGH against Quan chi. All of these characters have attributes of big damage off of low hits, and even damage off of medium hits.

thus is the beauty of rushdown... they can put fear in you.... Most noob will do if I choose to keep blocking high... oh no a sweep, oh no sneakyk saibot. oh no low shadow. EX slide is the biggest damage you can get off of a low hit.

the new poking game for noob is great he can breathe a little bit now when he finds the opening to poke. But he's still garbage upclose.

Last edited:
wow. this is how i know tier lists are pure bullshyt. johnny had 2 little nerfs. nut punch does 2% less damage and F3, 2 doesnt 2in1 into special moves no more. and he drops 2 ranks in the tiers. wtf? HE IS STILL THE SAME PERSON! yes, f3, 2 doesnt 2in1 BUT IT IS STILL SPECIAL CANCELLABLE! so johnny can still do one of his best block strings (f3 2 into en low orbs) and still continue his pressure since he's left with a frame advantage on block. he's still the EXACT same person imo and his "nerfs" didnt effect me one bit. and kitana drops one rank because she doesnt do as much damage anymore? my bnb only dropped 3% in dmg. thats not that bad. this makes no sense...

lol you do realize nearly everypony in the game got some sort of buff or nerf right? Obviously tiers are gonna change with such drastic changes in move properties, execution frames, recovery frames, etc.

I feel these tiers are pretty accurate. I actually think Sonya is a way more viable and way better character than cage is.

kratos seems to be high to mid tier now. his movements are more fluid. and the online i've got some sick and dangerous corner combos that are finally working. let me just say i know he had potential. but this is better than anything i could of asked for.

i'd like to know what limit thinks he has fought me many times and seen my combos and some of my best set up's.

Last edited:
Noob's clones ARE 50/50 when it comes to the average player. Professional or really good players will block them easy, but most players you'll face online can't react to it.

Noob's clones ARE 50/50 when it comes to the average player. Professional or really good players will block them easy, but most players you'll face online can't react to it.

i'm a good player and i have a slow reaction time to his clones, the easy part of his moves set for me is his black hole i can see that coming from a mile away.

How did Sub-Zero move up to S tier? I don't recall him being there before, unless I'm mistaken. I also remember Tom Brady saying that Sub-Zero can't compete on a competitive level so he was picking up Kung Lao.

Other than that I agree with the list. But Kung Lao should be in S+ tier.

You would be surprised that small little changes could bump low tier to S tier. People are saying Sub zero's ice balls have more recovery frames i think its just a rumor though. His EX slide is Hella useful now he can compete with allot of zonning characters now, I just hate when people are like "HE CANT TELEPORT SO IM FUCHCKED" MOST! projectiles you can crouch and not block and you wont take chip damage. and EX slide is a great way to escape pressure and get your opponent in a corner and yourself out the corner.

I haven't read every post, but I think everyone is missing the big picture, it seems like everyone is closer together now instead of being so spread out?

I haven't read every post, but I think everyone is missing the big picture, it seems like everyone is closer together now instead of being so spread out?

I agree. All characters have flaws. That's the point. Everyone has their favorite character but that doesn't mean that character should have every advantage. It's all about play styles and keeping it interesting. Of course noob sucks up close...he is a nightmare anywhere else.

How did Sub-Zero move up to S tier? I don't recall him being there before, unless I'm mistaken. I also remember Tom Brady saying that Sub-Zero can't compete on a competitive level so he was picking up Kung Lao.

Other than that I agree with the list. But Kung Lao should be in S+ tier.

sub-zero moved up to S+ tier because tom brady helped make this list =P

pretty accurate looking list after some experience with the patch, i disagree with a couple placements but accurate overall imo

Guys

I have to disagree with the original post, i saw the new tier list of testyourmight.com
at the link: http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?3075-Mortal-Kombat-(2011)-Matchup-Chart

and the the Matchup Chart at the link: https://spreadsheets.google.com/spr...DRMVXpCM253YWdnb3hreUFBUF9udVE&hl=en_US&gid=0

Their official tier list is:

1 Raiden 156
2 Kung Lao 155
3 Reptile 148
4 Kitana 144
5 Kabal 143
6 Cyber Sub 140 (tied with Cyrax)
6 Cyrax 140
8 Johnny C. 139 (tied with Nightwolf and Sub-Zero)
8 Nightwolf 139
8 Sub-Zero 139
11 Kano 138
12 Mileena 137
13 Noob S. 135
14 Smoke 133
15 Jade 131
16 Sektor 129
17 Shang T. 127
18 Liu Kang 125
19 Scorpion 123
20 Ermac 122
21 Stryker 120
22 Sonya 119
23 Sindel 111
24 Jax 109
25 Baraka 108
26 Quan Chi 105
27 Sheeva 95

If u guys want i can create a new post with this information.

:)

Last edited:
Guys

I have to disagree with the original post, i saw the new tier list of testyourmight.com
at the link: http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?3075-Mortal-Kombat-(2011)-Matchup-Chart

and the the Matchup Chart at the link: https://spreadsheets.google.com/spr...DRMVXpCM253YWdnb3hreUFBUF9udVE&hl=en_US&gid=0

Their official tier list is:

1 Raiden 156
2 Kung Lao 155
3 Reptile 148
4 Kitana 144
5 Kabal 143
6 Cyber Sub 140 (tied with Cyrax)
6 Cyrax 140
8 Johnny C. 139 (tied with Nightwolf and Sub-Zero)
8 Nightwolf 139
8 Sub-Zero 139
11 Kano 138
12 Mileena 137
13 Noob S. 135
14 Smoke 133
15 Jade 131
16 Sektor 129
17 Shang T. 127
18 Liu Kang 125
19 Scorpion 123
20 Ermac 122
21 Stryker 120
22 Sonya 119
23 Sindel 111
24 Jax 109
25 Baraka 108
26 Quan Chi 105
27 Sheeva 95

If u guys want i can create a new post with this information.

:)

Hate to break it to you but that is pre-patch i.e useless now ;)

There is no current matchup chart, it is still being built.

And if you want a link to why it is pre-patch, Sheeva is at the bottom. She got huge damage buffs and fireball buffs. That would make no sense