The TRMK XBL MK 9 Tournament October 2011

Cool stats, but I'm a little confused. It says I played 27 games, but won 18. How is that when I only lost to you and Pooping. And the despite losing more games part, not sure how I lost the most but won the most :p.

Yeah sorry mate. What I mean is, for example, your final with Vital went 4-1. Then your match with Toad went 4-1. Added up that's 10 games in 2 matches. Cause you were in a lot of match ups, your individual games added up to quite a lot.

I'm glad TRMK finally got a successful in-run tournament. I think all the other ones became unfinished and the OP's stopped caring. Nice job running it flag, and nice job people putting in some real effort to get your matches done.

I've always preferred them to be done all in one day. like everyone tries to get the day off ect.
Although it took a while it worked in the here and there way as well.

^^Not a lot of people will set an entire day for Mortal Kombat. Although getting matches done in a week isnt a bad idea.

^^Not a lot of people will set an entire day for Mortal Kombat. Although getting matches done in a week isnt a bad idea.

that's a true test of skill imo.

when you spread it out like this.

Ivital has time to ask me questions about match ups, to learn an upcoming match in depth.

People have more time to study other matches intently. The whole learning your opponent first round is practically gone. I mean Flagg told me he jumped at Gutz(I think it was him) because he never opened with clone. when he told me fighting a stranger subzero he'd never jump at start.

You also have to factor in rust vs someone training hard non stop during the week.

Pooping toad barely playing he will build rust. If he played all day he'd probably be boss.

Also factor in. "I'm just getting off work and I'm ready to fight you mr.guy waiting for me for 4 hours warming up."

In a one day tournament setting. There is no time for all that gaining advantage/losing advantage. based on aspects of the game you would never have in a offline tournament.

Sure you could watch your potential opponents matches to gain some knowledge, but not as much as when you already got a saved video that you can memorize for a few days.

Seed 13 I can do better then that whens the next tourney?

That's the spirit ;)

@Critical, im forced to agree with Zoidberg. I could probably accomadate a full day at a push, but im best for the evenings in the UK (when im the only one using my router) but lets say...24 guys sign up for this. Getting EVERYONE to agree to one day would be difficult. AND you have to factor in different time zones.

This tournament went on for about, 3 weeks. And to be fair, if it wasn't for jBell0 and Bon3s, it would probably have finished much earlier. Not to call you two guys out, but that's a observation I made.

Im really busy at the beginning of November, however, I think 2 weekends, with a week in between, is more feasable. Something like 11th November to 20th November. Deadlines will be much stricter, and given the amount of rounds, that would give people, 24-48 hours, per round, so it's not like anyone through and waiting, will get that much of an advantage.

I get what you're saying Critical, because Saix and Gutz also think a one day event would be better. I just dont think getting everyone in then is realistic for now. If this tournament can finish in those 9 days, then the next one could probably be done in the space of a Friday to Sunday.

And remember, a tournament that starts and finishes all in one day is done there and then. Do we then wait till next month, or next week, a fortnight for the next one? One that takes place over a week is almost like a cyber sports event :p

Im really really really surprised i made 3rd place with my mileena.. Its not that im unsatisfied with 3rd place, its just theres alot i have to improve on to get first place or Second place next month. :)

That's the spirit ;)

@Critical, im forced to agree with Zoidberg. I could probably accomadate a full day at a push, but im best for the evenings in the UK (when im the only one using my router) but lets say...24 guys sign up for this. Getting EVERYONE to agree to one day would be difficult. AND you have to factor in different time zones.

This tournament went on for about, 3 weeks. And to be fair, if it wasn't for jBell0 and Bon3s, it would probably have finished much earlier. Not to call you two guys out, but that's a observation I made.

Im really busy at the beginning of November, however, I think 2 weekends, with a week in between, is more feasable. Something like 11th November to 20th November. Deadlines will be much stricter, and given the amount of rounds, that would give people, 24-48 hours, per round, so it's not like anyone through and waiting, will get that much of an advantage.

I get what you're saying Critical, because Saix and Gutz also think a one day event would be better. I just dont think getting everyone in then is realistic for now. If this tournament can finish in those 9 days, then the next one could probably be done in the space of a Friday to Sunday.

And remember, a tournament that starts and finishes all in one day is done there and then. Do we then wait till next month, or next week, a fortnight for the next one? One that takes place over a week is almost like a cyber sports event :p

I didn't say zoidberg was incorrect that people wouldn't take a day off for a offline tournament. But with a month advance notice of the date, I don't see how that's impossible. Especially when it's a tournament with nothing to win but pride/glory.

I'm just stating which tournament setting is a better test of skill.

You do know I've seen 80 man tournaments run in 1 day offline right? and with EVERYONE having their own set up. It would run ridiculously fast and smooth.

Most 80 man offline tournaments I go to only have like 15 T.v.s' So the tournament takes longer for that reason. But EVERYONE in this tournament has their own personal console /setup so all matchese needed can take place at anytime w/o wait.

I've done SC2 tournaments in this setting you speak off. a 3day one will never happen. You will get those 3-5 guys who get match against someone with COMPLETE opposite schedules and they can't play til like "wed" or something.

I was faced against a guy once who started work just as I finished it. And I'd sleep as he's getting off work. If we both just took a day off to play on one day. Me and this guy wouldn't have to worry about conflicting schedules.

In the end we were both DQ'd because we couldn't get our matches playing. I offered to let him keep going so atleast ONE of us got to keep playing but they said that's unfair and DQ'd us both.

Shame really because I beat the guy who won the tournament in round1. And he came all the way from losers to win the whole thing.

Last edited:
Im just saying you can count me out for a one day tournament, I have basketball and stuff on the weekends so for some it is not possible to set aside an entire day.

Ill probably get most of my matches done on the weekends anyways. Can you tell me what this seeding stuff means though? Will the higher seeds face the lower seeds or something?

@Critical, well there will be a Sign up and Suggestions thread going up a little later today hopefully.

If the majority think they can do it in one day, we'll run with it. A coupla of the guys are helping me do this next one, because as much as I really enjoyed hosting the other one, it was pretty time consuming.

Another thing was, some people liked the two character rule, where as some people wanted an open roster. I was thinking, perhaps people can have a open roster, but if they win with one character, they keep going with that character till they lose with him/her. Then they can change to someone else in the next game. I think you told me as a matter of fact, that is how it is done in Pro Tournaments.

By the way, thanks for being one of two fans that has been watching this. And also thanks for that Tio Organiser, it really got me out of a bind halfway through the tournie!

Im just saying you can count me out for a one day tournament, I have basketball and stuff on the weekends so for some it is not possible to set aside an entire day.

Ill probably get most of my matches done on the weekends anyways. Can you tell me what this seeding stuff means though? Will the higher seeds face the lower seeds or something?

How it works, is that the highest seed faces the lowest seed. Then the second highest seed, faces the second lowest seed. And so on. It's to ensure relatively big names can't face each other early on unless it's a semi final or a final. For example, if the same 16 guys played again, the first matches would go Pooping vs Bon3s, GUTZ vs Exemery, iVital vs Bironic, and so forth. This system is used in things like Tennis, and other sporting events.

Also, anyone new joining, will automatically be placed at the lowest seeding. Anyone from the last tournament that doesn't join this one, i'll take them out, and bump the person under them, up.

I'm considering buying an Xbox360 lately. But nothing has won me over to buy one. As I don't care about most Xbox 360 exclusives. I am just considering it so I can play a few games with my brother/other friends who don't own a Ps3.

I didn't buy an xbox because my brother had one. But I live on my own now so no more Xbox for me.

EDIT: I don't care how you run it Flagg.

I'm just saying a one sitting is just a slightly better test of skill, and it leaves no room for Johns.

I'm considering buying an Xbox360 lately. But nothing has won me over to buy one. As I don't care about most Xbox 360 exclusives. I am just considering it so I can play a few games with my brother/other friends who don't own a Ps3.

I didn't buy an xbox because my brother had one. But I live on my own now so no more Xbox for me.

You should get one dude! We need more good players in the tourament.

I remember years back, buying the Saturn, purely for Capcom fighters and later getting a Dreamcast, purely for MVC2 and Quake 3. You could prolly get a 360, cheap as chips off of eBay?

Two games:

Mortal Kombat
Gears of War
:cool: