The TRMK XBL MK 9 Tournament October 2011

Flagg

Welcome everyone to The TRMK XBL MK 9 Tournament October 2011!

The tournament is an online tournament, exclusive for the TRMK XBL community! Up to 16 players have entered, to battle it out for the prize of...bragging and reminding everyone in every post they make from here on, how they won this tournament!

The rules are simple. Each game will be the standard three rounds, and anything goes. There is no restriction on how you win your game, as long as you win your game! Yes you can zone. Yes you can repeat the same combo. Yes you can uppercut all day long till your heart’s content, and yes you can do Fatalities! The only thing not tolerated will be lag switches and rage quitting. The first and second round fights will be a best of three games. The semi finals will be the best of five games and the grand final will be a best of seven games. The winner of course, claiming eternal bragging rights!

The tournament will be a Double Elimination, by where the losers in the Winners Bracket get filtered down into the Losers Bracket. This gives everyone to play against at least two people, and also someone in the Losers Bracket to still win the whole tournament, thought this will be harder in the Losers Bracket due to more matches being played.

The only stipulation for the tournament is, that everyone is only taking and using two mains throughout the entirety of the event. You will see the participants and who they have selected. Once the tournament starts, there will be no deviation from their selected characters, even if someone feels they are up against two characters they struggle with. It’s time to see what everyone’s mains are made of!

The participants for the tournament will be:

cactusflagg - Baraka, Sindel
Wushu Fighter - Sektor, Jade
Imme224 - Mileena, Sub Zero
fr stack - Sektor, Shang Tsung
n9195v - Nightwolf, Baraka
Bon3s1990 - Just Kitana
Treadmill1150 - Reptile, Kitana
Poopingtoad - Johnny Cage, Nightwolf
Zoidberg747 - Baraka, Sindel
GUTTZnGORE - Sub Zero, Scorpion
I MoFaT I - Kitana, Reptile
BeatDownMao88 - Major Jackson Briggs, Jade
Bironic Man - Raiden, Lui Kang
jbell0129 - Kung Lao, Scorpion
Exemery - Kitana, Johnny Cage
BUDD THA GREAT - Mileena, Ermac

Kombat Kodes are not banned, but some are encouraged far more over others. For example Codes like Klassic Music (101 on both controllers), Disable Foreground Objects (001, both controllers), No Blood (900 on both controls) are encouraged. A lot of the other codes, however, usually grant you a huge disadvantage. Usually these require both people to input the same code but some only need one person, such as the Player 1 Half or Quarter Life codes. If you accidently enter those codes (220 and 110 respectively), then be it on your own head and you will have to suffer that handicap for the rest of the match. Of course, sometimes it’s best to not press anything at the start if you are unsure!

Hopefully some of the matches will be recorded for the viewing of everyone and the community. If so, post those videos here as im sure most will be eager to watch.

For the purposes of the first round, everyone will have until Oct 8th to have arranged their matches and played them. This is more than enough time, a week, but it does take into consideration that other people have other commitments and responsibilities. In the event that someone cannot grant their opponent a match in that time, they will be disqualified. This is purely in the interest of fairness and not making everyone wait around unecessarily. In the event that the first round is concluded within a few days, then of course, the tournament will progress earlier than the 8th. Also remember, there are people from different regions taking part. USA, Canada, UK and Ireland are some examples, so take into consideration time differences. Hopefully lag wont be too much of an issue if people from two different regions are fighting.

In the event of an unexpected Desync in the middle of a match, the only thing that can be suggested is that both players rematch, and try and remember how much health they had, and roughly where they were in regards to corners, etcetera. This applies to lagging. If two players find they are lagging at the start of a game, then restart and try again.In the event that someone or someones, is consistently lagging or desyncing, please can everyone else highlight this. A decision will be made on what to do in regards to letting them stay or disqualifying them. I of course include myself in this, and a joint decision can be voted on by everyone else on whether that person stays or goes. This also applies to people, suspected of Rage Quitting. Sometimes a person RQ’s, but rather than say the person has left, a message will say that the game session has ended. But if there is suspicion then let me know. The only time a RQ is acceptable is in the middle of a Fatality, be aware that some games may be recorded and you may be asked how salty you were!

If anyone has their controler d/c due to a lead popping out or batteries dying, i’ll leave it to your opponant whether or not to show you mercy!

This tournament is for the purpose of fun but a competitive attitude is encouraged. There may be tears (salty ones?), there will be blood, there will probably be a Fatality or two! But we’re all good guys, so lets keep the crap like “ tea bagging” at the preschoolers door.

It will be nice to get some encouragement from everyone else who is not participating, and I hope this is fun for everyone else to keep an eye on.

If there is any other queries that havent been highlighted so far, feel free to PM me.

Above all, have fun everyone and good luck.

Barring that, here are the matches for Round 1:

Fight 1: BeatDownMao88 vs n9195v (Beatdown won 2-0)

Fight 2: Imme224 vs fr stack (Imme won 2-1)

Fight 3: WushuFighter vs Bon3s1990 (Wushu won 2-0)

Fight 4: jbell0129 vs Zoidberg747 (Zoidberg won 2-0)

Fight 5: cactusflagg vs Exemery (cactusflagg won 2-0)

Fight 6: GUTZnGORE vs Treadmill1150 (GUTZ won 2-0)

Fight 7: Bironic Man vs BUDD THA GREAT (BUDD won 2-1)

Fight 8: I Mofat I vs Poopingtoad (Pooping won 2-0)

I will leave it to all of you to arrange your match ups. If I give a time frame of all Round 1 games, concluded by Midnight, October 8th, EST, that should be MORE than enough time. Hopefully it wont take that long.

UPDATE:

2nd Round Matches:
BeatdownMao vs imme224 (Imme won, 2-0)

WushuFighter vs Zoidberg747 (Zoid wins, 2-0)

cactusflagg vs GUTZnGORE (cactusflagg won 2-1)

BUDD THA GREAT vs PoopingToad
(Pooping won 2-0)

UPDATE:

Semi Final Matches
(remember, these games are the BEST OF 5, so the first to win 3 games).

Imme224 vs Zoidberg (Imme224 wins 3-0)

cactusflagg vs Poopingtoad
(Pooping won, 3-0)

UPDATE:

Tournament Bracket in full, including Losers Bracket (thank you Critical Limit)

Winners Bracket Final will be between Imme224 and Pooping. It will be a best of 7, so the first to win 4 games, and the winner of that will go on to face the winner of the Losers Bracket for the final game.

+++UPDATE+++

Winners Bracket Final (best of 7)

iVital vs Poopingtoad (Pooping wins, 4-0)

+++UPDATE++++

Grand Final (best of 7)

Poopingtoad vs GUTZnG0RE

Poopingtoad beats GUTZnG0RE, 4-1.

Poopingtoad is the Grand Champion of the TRMK XBL MK 9 Online October Tournament, 2011. Congrats buddy.

+++UPDATE++++

Rankings and seedings as a result of tournament placing and win:loss ratio:

Seed 1: Poopingtoad
Seed 2: GUTZnG0RE
Seed 3: imme224
Seed 4: Treadmill
Seed 5: Zoidberg747
Seed 6: cactus flagg
Seed 7: I MoFaT I
Seed 8: Budd Tha Great
Seed 9: fr stack
Seed 10: BeatDownMao88
Seed 11: Wushu Fighter
Seed 12: jBell0
Seed 13: n9195v
Seed 14: Bironic Man
Seed 15: Exemery
Seed 16: Bones1990

Attachments

• TRMK.jpg
    TRMK.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Reserved for Losers Bracket:

I'll try and create either a online Losers Bracket for everyone to see like the main tournament, or i'll attach an Excel sheet.

The Losers Bracket first round will go like this:
(these games will be a best of 3)

n9195v vs fr stack (fr stack wins 2-1)

Bon3s1990 vs jbell0 (jbell0 wins due to Bon3s1990 not showing)

Exemery vs Treadmill (Treadmill wins 2-0)

Bironic Man vs I MoFat I
(MoFaT wins 2-0)

I'm going to say that this should be concluded by Tuesday (Oct 11th) at the latest. I think a week for the first round of the main tournament was a bit too long! I'm sure some of you can arrange this, this weekend?

The winners of the first round of this, will go on to face the losers of round 2 of the main tournament. The losers of the Losers Bracket first round, well...your time will be up! So it's all to play for!

I will, of course, be updating that as the tournament progresses.

UPDATE:
(these games will also be a best of 3)

Losers Bracket 2nd Round

GUTZ vs fr stack (GUTZ wins 2-1)

SAIX vs Treadmill (Treadmill wins 2-0)

BUDDTHAGREAT vs jbell0 (Budd wins, Jbell0 DQ'd for no showing)

MoFaT vs WushuFighter
(MoFaT wins 2-0)

***UPDATE***
Losers Bracket 3rd Round (Best of 5, first to win 3)

GUTZnG0RE vs BUDD THAT GREAT (GUTZ wins, 3-0)

Treadmill vs MoFaT (Treadmill wins, 3-1)

###Losers Quarter Final###

GUTZnG0RE vs Zoidberg (GUTZ wins, 3-1)

Treadmill vs cactus flagg
(Treadmill wins 3-0)

UPDATE LOSERS BRACKET SEMI FINAL

GUTZnG0RE vs Treadmill (GUTZ wins, 3-0)

+++UPDATE+++

UPDATE LOSERS BRACKET FINAL
(this match is a best of 7, so the first to win 4 games. Also remember, who ever loses this will officially be placed 3rd in the whole tournament, with the winner going on to face Poopingtoad)

+++UPDATE+++
iVital vs GUTZnG0RE (GUTZ wins 4-1)

IVital officially gets 3rd place in the entire tournament. Well played buddy.

Remember, the grand champ of the L Bracket will play the Champ of the W Bracket. However, the L Champ will have to beat the W Champ, twice, to take the whole tournament, where as the W Champ has to win just once. For example, it is a best of 7, so the first to win 4 games. If the L Champ wins 4 games against the W Champ, he has to then play the W Champ again. However, if the W Champ wins 4 games, he has won the entire tournament.

Last edited:
Reserved for match videos:

Winners Bracket Round 1 matches, Zoidberg vs Jbell0

Winners Bracket Round 2 matches, cactus flagg vs GUTZnG0RE

Winners Bracket Round 2 matches, Zoidberg vs Wushu Fighter

Winners Bracket Semi Final, iVital vs Zoidberg

Losers Bracket Round 1 matches, Treadmill vs Exemery:

Losers Bracket Round 2 matches, Treadmill vs SAIX

Losers Bracket Quarter Final, Zoidberg vs GUTZnG0RE

Losers Bracket Semi Final, Treadmill vs GUTZnG0RE

Losers Bracket FINAL, GUTZ vs iVital

Last edited:
Good luck everyone, I hope this will be a lot of fun! Exemery, I see I have you in my cross hairs for Round 1....

I have tried adding Treadmill1150 on XBL and for some reason it wont go through. You can add me if you like, my tag for the fight is GUTZnG0RE (the o is a zero). I will also be recording all of my fights by HD Dig. Camera, and if anyone would like me to film theirs via KOTH I would be more than happy to.

I have tried adding Treadmill1150 on XBL and for some reason it wont go through. You can add me if you like, my tag for the fight is GUTZnG0RE (the o is a zero). I will also be recording all of my fights by HD Dig. Camera, and if anyone would like me to film theirs via KOTH I would be more than happy to.

Recording awesome! Yeah it wouldn't add you either but guess we are good now.

Don't know if that was clear but we are now friends. At least on xbox.

Last edited:
Cool, just tried to PM you but its full. Would you like to fight now? If so we can meet up in a lobby, we can either do KOTH and have a spectator or just you and I. But let me know and I'll make a room!

P
Cool, just tried to PM you but its full. Would you like to fight now? If so we can meet up in a lobby, we can either do KOTH and have a spectator or just you and I. But let me know and I'll make a room!

Either way, I cleaned my in box his let me know.

My trmk inbox can't be deleted, I don't have my pc and my phone won't let me but xbox is clean.

It still wont let me message you... Add my account, it's GUTZnG0RE (o is a zero). We'll party up and figure out whats going on.

hey vital add me wenever your on mk im always on so i shouldnt miss it :)

ps... ill be using my ps2 controller so i cant use headset at the same time for some reason

@Poopingtoad, I believe Mofats added you on xbl. If you're having any trouble getting ahold of him msg me on here and I can help you out.

Gutz, it would be awesome if you could record a whole bunch of these matches. I know it's asking a lot, but it'll be nice to show. I definitely would like you to record the Semi's and Final if you didn't mind?

How are you recording them, if you don't mind my asking?

I managed to beat Exemery.

First game was Sindel vs Kitana which I won.

Then it went to Baraka vs Cage, which unfortunately desynced halfway through round 1. So we restarted, and this time Exemery chose Kitana over Cage, but B.A. Barakas still came out on top (close game though).

Thanks Exemery and thanks iVital. Played a few games in KOH with them, really nice guys. iVital has a pretty damn good Mileena and a not too bad Reptile as well!

Exemery and fr stack, stay tuned cause there is a losers bracket so there will be more game playing for you.

Kinda wishing it was more than best of 3 for first round, but aw well.

EDIT: Looks like I have either GUTZ or Treadmill in the next round, and iVital will play either Saix or n9195n