The TRMK XBL MK 9 Tournament October 2011

Awww :(

C'mon i know theres someone here who plays CSS <_<

I did when it first came out, EZ5, we won cal-main undefeated and they didn't allow us in to invite because they said we weren't professional enough, cs history~

Also played 1.6 and previous betas in main and p, but I barely remember my cs days....wish I had a good comp to play now.

i beat gutz 4-1
vggs

Yeah GGs man, I can respect the Cage but your play style with Nightwolf is the pussiest thing I have ever seen. Backing away the whole fight only to counter doesn't make you good with that character ;).

We had a few friendlies after which I took the majority of, too bad I couldn't clutch it in the tourney lol.

But don't worry everyone, I made him lose a round! Biiioooootch! Lol

Suggestion for next tourney, make it open choice to characters. Or don't let pooping join. Both are good ideas :p.

At the end of the day though you still won, so congrats. I dub thee "Reverse Turtle" from now on. Embrace the name, love the name.

No worries man, looking forward to them.

Open characters would be better in my opinion. Gives you a chance to make a comeback if your original mains don't match up well. I was hoping that we start the tourney at the begining of November. Give it a week or so to fill up the roster, and then have a set weekend where ALL the matches are played. I think that would be better than dragging it out for months, and the confusion that came up because of it.

Oh wow, I just got back from work and it's all over??

Congratulations Toad! And congratulations to GUTZ, im glad you didn't make life easy for him. Very worthy finalists. Shame we couldn't get it recorded but there is always a next time.

I'll seed and rank everyone, so that the next tournament that plays, it automatically makes sure things like the number 1 and 2 seed could only meet in the final. Any new comers will either be unseeded or being automatically given the lowest rankings. But hey, they'll have their chance to move up the ranks in the next tournie!

Well, November should be fun. More people want to play. November is also a busy month for me. The first weekend of Nov I wont be available for at all, MASSIVE STAG NIGHT which promises to be akin to The Hangover movie. Any time after that sunday (the 6th) is fine. I will have a wedding to go to on the 19th, but I can work around that like play a bunch of games the day before or after. Only be one day at most I wont be available.

As cool as doing the whole thing on one weekend, it's asking a lot for everyone to be made available fully, on one or two days.

What I suggest we could do, is have it between two weekends. It could start on a Friday, then you have a whole week in front, and it can conclude on the sunday, the following weekend. So that would be over a period of 12 days. In the event everyone could be available for one weekend, that would be better. Once we get an idea of how many people are joining, and their "schedules" im sure something can be worked out.

I'm for a open roster this time. I was thinking, what they do in tournaments is you pick a character, and if you win with that character, you keep going till you take a loss. Then you can change to anyone else you like. I'm pretty sure this is the system they use in big Tournaments like EVO.

I should probably make a thread that can be a "Sign Up" thread and a "Suggestion Thread" all in one.

If GUTZ and SAIX want to get on XBL at any point, maybe we could talk about how we could do the next tournament. I thought this one was a lot of fun, but there is definitely room for improvement.

26 pages, 500+ posts, 6,500+ views, fatalities, babalities, salty tears...this tournie had it all!

Congrats again Toad, and well played everyone that was in this tournament!

Flagg, good job getting this whole thing together. Looking foreward to losing to Gutz next month.

I guess I should say congrats to you as well, because you placed 4th, and considering you were put straight into the L Bracket in round 1 of the W Bracket, i'd say that was a pretty damn good fight back. GUTZ just happened to be your kryptonite :p

And no problem mate, i've enjoyed hosting it, but you guys made it fun.

I'm glad it's been somewhat successful. A future one for November is definitely in the pipe works, so stay tuned Treadmill!

Last edited:
I just thought, i know there's going to be a November tournie, and maybe more in the future, but it'd be nice if a Mod could sticky this one. It was the first TRMK MK 9 tournament, and I think it deserves a place in Sticky Land for all to see, especially 20 years down the line when Mortal Kombat 19 hits!