NEW MK Koming 2013 !!!????

Section_25

Hmmmmm, interesting ...

We have some fantastic news for those of you who enjoyed playing the recent Mortal Kombat game on Xbox 360 and PS3. We can confirm that there will be another Mortal Kombat game on the way and that it will also be joined by a brand new movie too – exciting times.
A few months ago we had heard some hints from co-creator Ed Boon about the possibility of a new Mortal Kombat game and you would have thought it would be inevitable anyway considering the success of the Mortal Kombat reboot.
Now though it has been confirmed in black and white over at a report by the LATimes, which also reveals that another movie is on the way too. This movie will be directed by the same guy who brought us the impressive Mortal Kombat Legacy web series, and both the new game and movie are scheduled for a release sometime in 2013.
We’re not sure about you, but we’re obviously pumped for both releases. Fans may be a bit skeptical over the movie release considering the last one, Annihilation was an overwhelming flop, but the recent web series gave everyone hope that a Mortal Kombat movie can actually work. We’re guessing that the same actors will be involved in the upcoming movie, which is great since the web series basically left a lot of questions unanswered and the episodes were actually quite frustrating given their miniscule duration in length.
As for the game, more of the same please from NetherRealm Studios. The previous Mortal Kombat game has to be one of the best fighting games of the last few years and perhaps nobody expected it to be as good as it turned out. However, now that a new MK game is on the way, we’re still hoping that support continues via DLC for the current game as there’s definitely still life in the game after Freddy Krueger – more movie based DLC perhaps folks?
What are your thoughts on both announcements – has this made your day or are you worried about the quality of the movie?

http://www.product-reviews.net/2011/09/30/new-mortal-kombat-game-and-movie-2013-release-date-promised/

This is most definitely not in black in white (the part about the game, anyway, we know the movie has been announced).

But, to sit there and say that a new MK game is coming out in 2013....I mean, that's a pretty obvious educated guess. Any one of us could have made it. Even if you have no clue, it has a 90% chance of being accurate.

I think this pretty much squashes any idea of the next MK game being a Shaolin Monks style adventure game. If a new movie is coming, you know WB is going to want a shiny new Mortal Kombat fighting game as a companion piece to it.

Will the next generation dev kits be out in enough time to get an MK game out in 2013?

My bet would be for current generation. Here's why:

Next gen consoles haven't even been announced yet, we don't even know for sure if they are planned to be out by 2013 (at least I don't, but I admit I don't fully keep up with it). Even if they are planned, the could be delayed, and WB can't risk the game not launching with the movie.

Even if the consoles do launch, they always take a while to pick up steam, especially given how expensive they are when they first come out. So in the first year, maybe two, you can expect a pretty small installed base, limiting sales of any software. If the current trends continue, the next gen consoles should be at least partially backward compatible.

So the best thing WB could do is develop a new MK game on current generation hardware, and work with the manufacturers to make sure the next gen systems will be backwardly compatible with this game. That way, you have an enormous installed base of potential buyers instead of needlessly limiting it.

Mortal Kombat isn't and never has been a niche game happy to find an audience of core gamers. It's a mega mainstream profit house, so the name of the game is to move as many units as possible. That's the strategy you can expect WB to go with.

Listen, the current MK game is basically a dead horse online. We all know that MK's strength is in its online play and based on NRS's lack of interest to correct the problems and major problems at that with the game online I'm not pumped for the next release in 2013. The movie that was shown on the net SUCKED. Straight up. Why can't they ever get it right? It's so simple, just created a a full length version of the Kratos style debut movie trailer in CGI that's it! Keep the characters story lines, looks, and powers true to form and bingo! To hell with modernizing the storyline to take place in some time like 2012 in lower Manhattan Wall srteet crap, just CGI it and make it exactly like the Official movie trailer of the game. Damn.

You must be jocking ! My only hope is the return of Deadly Alliance Characters for MK 2013 ! Mavado, Hsu Hao, Kobra... Please ! Please, NRS !!

You must be jocking ! My only hope is the return of Deadly Alliance Characters for MK 2013 ! Mavado, Hsu Hao, Kobra... Please ! Please, NRS !!

Mavado? YES
Hsu Hao and Kobra? HELL F***ING NO!

Why not create new kharacters instead? I also hope that they don't bring back the fake fighting styles, run button and in-stage fatalities.

Can't wait! hope these 3D characters return

Deadly Alliance: Li Mei, Bo' Rai Cho, Movado

Deception: Havik, Havik, Havik, Havik, Shujinko, Hotaru (Alt. costume only), Oh did I mention Havik?

Armageddon: Havik

I krave more info. Please have a Shaolin Monks style Konquest mode. PLEASE
Other than that, all they need is a bigger Krypt, a better online, and a slightly changed gameplay and the game is perfect. Oh and Story Mode has to be just as epic.

I always knew there was gonna be another game. It wasn't gonna stop here for sure. I'm pumped as hell for the movie. The Cyrax, Sektor, and Hydro fight in MK:L gave me great hope in what future MK films would bring. 2013 isn't so bad either. I'm satisfied.

Listen, the current MK game is basically a dead horse online. We all know that MK's strength is in its online play and based on NRS's lack of interest to correct the problems and major problems at that with the game online I'm not pumped for the next release in 2013. The movie that was shown on the net SUCKED. Straight up. Why can't they ever get it right? It's so simple, just created a a full length version of the Kratos style debut movie trailer in CGI that's it! Keep the characters story lines, looks, and powers true to form and bingo! To hell with modernizing the storyline to take place in some time like 2012 in lower Manhattan Wall srteet crap, just CGI it and make it exactly like the Official movie trailer of the game. Damn.

I agree with your movie part 110% I too would like a CG Movie like the Kratos video.

The game part I will always be excited for!