XBL TRMK Online Tournament.

Flagg

XBL TRMK Online Tournament (SIGN UP THREAD)

In light of the last suggested tournie falling on it's face due to restrictions in how you can play, and people jumping on the bandwagon about how they are "done" with this game, I thought perhaps a little XBL Online tournament could be just the thing needed for our small community here.

I was thinking along the lines of maybe having 16 people, but if a lot more want in, then I guess 32 could be possible.

I figured we could have the first and second rounds as your typical "best of 3" matches, the final four could be best of 5 and the final itself could be best of 7.

Anything goes. If you feel that all you want to do is ice ball with SZ all day long, that is your perogative. Any means necessary can be employed to win your match, bar pulling the plug at the last second or using lag switches, etcetera.

This is free for anyone to join, providing they are on XBL of course. Stats mean nothing to me, and this is simply a bit of fun, with the winner claiming eternal bragging rights!

The only stipulation I was thinking of employing, was that anyone entering can only take 2 mains along. I think this would make for a bit of variety and fun, and it would be a good way of people to really highlight and show off how well some of their mains are, and it will also make for some potentially very interesting match ups. For example, upon entering I decide that the two characters I will only use in the tournament will be either Night Wolf or Sindel. Upon stating who you are using from the start, there is no back tracking and "changing" later on especially if you suddenly feel you are up against a one of two characters that both of yours may struggle against. This is just a suggestion, and I thought it would really show just how well the recent patch has buffed/nerfed/balanced the roster.

Any character can be used, including the new DLC ones.

I feel the only codes used should be things like 101 (klassic music) and 001 (disable foreground objects). Anyone pissing around and accidently selecting 50% health, well tough on you. Sometimes it's best to press nothing until the game starts :p

Before some smart arse comes along and declares "why isn't this in the tournament part of the forum?", I put this here for the simple reason that no one really goes to the tournie thread, but most the traffic on this forum go here, in the general MK 9 thread.

What do you think guys? Up for it?

If so, state who you are, your XBL name, and which two characters you intend to use, and i'll start arranging something. Im aware that people are in different regions, but im sure everyone can accomadate each other and come to a compromise of some sort. We'll do this on a "first come, first serve" basis, but if there are still quite a few people beyond 16 that want in, i'll see what can be done.

UPDATE: Found this:
http://challonge.com/tournament/bracket_generator
http://challonge.com/tournament/bracket_generator?ref=BPBDBVTEWJ

I'll use this as the template for who faces who in the first round.

I think we can have an official "third place" between the two semi final losers as well.

Participants:
cactusflagg - Baraka, Sindel
Wushu Fighter - Sektor, Jade
Imme224 - Mileena, Sub Zero
fr stack - Sektor, Shang Tsung
n9195v - Nightwolf, Baraka
Bon3s1990 - Just Kitana
Treadmill1150 - Reptile, Kitana
Poopingtoad - Johnny Cage, Nightwolf
Zoidberg747 - Baraka, Sindel
GUTTZnGORE - Sub Zero, Scorpion
I MoFaT I - Raiden, Reptile
BeatDownMao88 - Major Jackson Briggs, Jade
Bironic Man - Raiden, Lui Kang
jbell0129 - Kung Lao, Scorpion
Exemery - Kitana, Johnny Cage
BUDD THA GREAT - Mileena, Ermac

All 16 guys are confirmed now. I will be making an official thread for the tournament itself which i'll try and put up in a couple of hours, as this was more of a sign up thread and thrashing out rules.

I look forward to seeing you all in action!

Good luck.

Last edited:
*reserved for my two picks*

I'm probably going to take Sindel, but im not sure on either Night Wolf or Baraka yet. I'll prolly go all out underdogs though :p

EDIT: I'll be using Baraka and Sindel.

Last edited:
Gamertag is Wushu Fighter.
My two characters will be Sektor and Jade.

If this tournament survives (ffs) please inbox me to give me instructions on further guidelines and/or who I'll be playing against.

Tesus, I want to keep the tournie fairly relaxed on rules. Obviously things like rage quitting, and truly terrible lag will be addressed. Once enough players are available, i'll do a simple "random names out of a hat" to decide who is facing who in the first round. Haha, you'll just have to trust that it truly will be a random selection by me, unless there is a means of doing something like that with an online tool? Then I could at least take a snap shot.

All matches will be best of 3 rounds. I thought about doing the final as the best of five rounds, but at having the best of seven games, that might be a bit too long, unless people are happy with that?

Long story short, i'll address any questions people have so we can all come to a complete set of agreeable terms, once we have a full house of people good to go. But I can't see much else changing from what has already been stated.

Tesus, I want to keep the tournie fairly relaxed on rules. Obviously things like rage quitting, and truly terrible lag will be addressed. Once enough players are available, i'll do a simple "random names out of a hat" to decide who is facing who in the first round. Haha, you'll just have to trust that it truly will be a random selection by me, unless there is a means of doing something like that with an online tool? Then I could at least take a snap shot.

All matches will be best of 3 rounds. I thought about doing the final as the best of five rounds, but at having the best of seven games, that might be a bit too long, unless people are happy with that?

Long story short, i'll address any questions people have so we can all come to a complete set of agreeable terms, once we have a full house of people good to go. But I can't see much else changing from what has already been stated.

Gotcha. ;)

sorry that came out wrong i meant to say i got hacked and got a console ban so it won't let me make a secondary

EDIT: And if I were able to join i'd use

Main: Noob Saibot

Secondary: Ermac

How long is your ban in effect for? You could "reserve" a spot for now, but if this fills up quick and someone else wants in, then I would cut you for them, in light of you still being banned? Does that sound fair?

The only way to get a console ban is to have the bannable offense, such as modding, on your console. It doesn't matter what account you use. You didn't get hacked, you just don't want to admit to whatever you did.

Immortal, with all due respect, this isn't the place to be talking about what Pimp may or may not have done. I don't want this thread to turn into flaming, and your post is a flame bait to be fair.

If he is banned, then that's unfortunate for him, but please don't try and start a shitstorm. Thanks.

well i did mod borderlands a bit thats all i can think of and i wouldn't see that as a big problem

Last edited:
GT: Bon3s1990

Main: Kitana

I don't have a second, Kitana is my one and only. We do need a tournament though so hats off to you, Flagg!

Looking good so far:

cactusflagg
Wushu Fighter
Imme224
fr stack
n9195v
Bon3s1990
Treadmill1150
Poopingtoad
Zoidberg747
GUTTZnGORE
GUTTZnGORE'S friend (not confirmed yet)
BeatDownMao88
Bironic Man
jbell0129
Exemery

Last edited:
Nice one Treadmill.

I messaged a few people that were interested in the last tournament, so hopefully we can get to 16 in no time.

And yes, Reptile and Kabal are among my harder match ups.