STBL** Latest Patch Show!!

S1LENT1

STBL** Latest Patch Show!!

http://www.twitch.tv/s1lent1

Hey guys/gals, Tom and i will be doing a Patch show tomorrow, Monday Sept 26th at 6pm pacific/9pm eastern. We will cover anything related to the latest patch, nerfs, buffs or any other changes. Please post any questions you have here and we will cover them on the show. Thanks and see you then.

Last edited:
-do you think Baraka is tournament viable now after his patch?
-When should Baraka use his Blade Fury (back back 1)? should i only do it on reaction now that it doesn't correct it self?
-is enhanced Slicer (down forward 1) a waste of meter for Baraka ?
-after a reset like 2,2,2+1 ~ dash ~ back3,1 ~ dash ~ forward4 what would be the best thing for Baraka to do?
-is the jax's new forward3 useful or should one just throw out a overhead slam (down up 4) instead?
-who is John Galt?
-does Quan Chi's game get any better now with his armor enhanced wake-up?
-the patch said hit box changes, did you notice any of these?
-Jax's grab still has advantage on block right?
-When should Baraka end his combos in forward 4?
-Do you think Styker players will come to tourneys now?
-Who do you think is the best character(s) in the game right now?
-Good Luck at Devastation. Thanks for the stream S1LENT1

Last edited:
S1lent1 and Tom,

Thanks for covering this topic.

As I'm not aware if all changes that are coming, I apologize if these questions are obvious or have already been answered.

- I heard that johnny cage will no longer able to buffer a special move (ie, nut punch) after his f+3, 2 string. Is this true? And if so does this bring him down in tier?

- are and changes happening to mileena or kenshi?

Thanks!

Bucketfeet

i have PS3 so sorry if some of my questions seem general.

Jade's buffs don't really seem to help her at a tip top pro level? Opinions?
For example:
I hear 4,F3 is made safer but the second hit whiffs on crouches, and... everyone crouch blocks jade because she has a slow/reactable overhead.

Her best U+3 move, feels A LOT less useful now considering once again... people usually low block jade because her overhead is reactable. Thus now her U+3 just whiffs crouchers now.

If they continue to give her high hits that can't even hit a crouching opponent, and I have a crap overhead... The hell should I be doing? I feel like all I can do is play footsies the whole match until I bait something.

I guess I'm asking, should I just turn the switch and pick a more worthy main?

Is the return boomerang (knowing they are gonna be blocking) a waste of meter? or is there some trick Jade can try to pull off that you know of?

Last edited:
SZ freeze lasting longer? How safe do they want some traps to be? It's like saying "you get frozen once, be prepared to lose at least a quarter of your health".

Anywho, I heard he lost some of his resets, so I guess that counts for something.

My question:

Similiar to Zoidberg, with the buffs given to Sindel, Sheeva, Stryker and Baraka, who has benefited the most, and do you think this has changed tier rankings?

Is this the last patch for MK9?

If not, do you think Sonya's Dive Kicks should be nerfed to not autocorrect as she jumps? Or do you consider they're fine the way they are now?