No More DLC for MK9?

I hope MK9 will still get more dlc. If not, I would like to see a fighting game designed to keep adding new characters, arenas and weapons as well as new fighting styles. Final thought,. it seems like to me a lot of game developers talk big plans on game support with dlc and such but for whatever reason they do not deliver. Just a random observation, but one worthy of some serious debate.

I hope there not planning on Mk10 anytime soon. It is way to early to think about that. Let Mk 9 breath. Mk 10 needs to be on the Playstation 4. If anything hopefully there thinking about another action/adventure game. My vote is for more DLC or even Ultimate Mortal Kombat 9 with new characters and features at a discount price.

Thank You! ;) I agree with everything you are saying...MK9 was just released in April only 5 months ago, I hope that NRS dont decide to release MK10 until the PS4 comes out which probably wont be too long maybe by 2013, I really hope they do decide to release an Ultimate Mortal Kombat 9 for a 2012 release date for Mortal Kombat's 20th Aniversary more characters, alities like Friendships, brutalities, animalities, more stages like the Kombat Tomb, Palace Gates, Pit 3 and more stages that are missing.

I hope MK9 will still get more dlc. If not, I would like to see a fighting game designed to keep adding new characters, arenas and weapons as well as new fighting styles. Final thought,. it seems like to me a lot of game developers talk big plans on game support with dlc and such but for whatever reason they do not deliver. Just a random observation, but one worthy of some serious debate.

The problem with DLC is developers can use it as an excuse to release games that are incomplete. Why sell the characters as DLC's when they could have been available from the get-go. I'm actually not surprised that MK9 has only 4 DLC characters, it's 2 more than Blaz Blue and Marvel Vs Capcom 3.

Sans Freddy, I had no problem with the DLC.
I only got 2 DLC characters from the 4 that came out.
The only character that I regretted getting was Skarlet.
Rain is a LOT of fun, and I do use him from time to time.

Would I have liked more DLC? Sure
I'm happy with what I got, as a whole.

I have a feeling that maybe NRS plan to release a whole DLC pack so it wont be too expensive to keep paying 5 dollars for 1 character when they can release 4 for the price of 3

I'm satisfied with the game as it is already, although i'm not gonna lie, I wouldn't mind if they released more DLC.

I have a feeling that maybe NRS plan to release a whole DLC pack so it wont be too expensive to keep paying 5 dollars for 1 character when they can release 4 for the price of 3

No, they won't. Just cause YOU want something badly doesn't mean NRS will do it.

As stated earlier, forget about DLC's. That said, I don't think people will be disappointed by what NetherRealm Studios have been working on behind closed doors.

No, they won't. Just cause YOU want something badly doesn't mean NRS will do it.

As stated earlier, forget about DLC's. That said, I don't think people will be disappointed by what NetherRealm Studios have been working on behind closed doors.
I never said i wanted it badly, so GET your facts right! How do you know NRS wont be releasing anymore DLC? Do you work for NRS? Ed Boon already mentioned on Twitter that there wont be anymore MK9 DLC but you never know i mean the game is only 5 months old and even if they are through with DLC, for the better if either UMK9 for 2012 is in the works and MK10 for 2013

Last edited:
Who was the guy who told us that Freddy would be added as DLC and nobody believed him? Doesn't he have a relative who works for NRS? Maybe, he knows something.

Who was the guy who told us that Freddy would be added as DLC and nobody believed him? Doesn't he have a relative who works for NRS? Maybe, he knows something.

Dont know myself but there was also a guy or kid i should say that mentioned that his dad works for NRS and they have something big coming up..regarding DLC, or who knows..but is not allowed to say anything because he would get in big trouble.

Ed just tweeted "stay frosty my friends" , dlc might be coming or hes probably trolling us. Anyways, enough with the ice characters and give us the mk3 ninja pack dammit.

Ed just tweeted "stay frosty my friends" , dlc might be coming or hes probably trolling us. Anyways, enough with the ice characters and give us the mk3 ninja pack dammit.

frosty the snowman confirmed for DLC obviously.

I think he's just having fun typing things on the keyboard. Nothing to get worked over about

Unless he could be reffering to the character Frost? Anyways did you guys notice that Ed Boon posted a photo with a UMK3 Reptile Stuffed doll today? There are 2 things that come into my head about that photo 1.) "Buy a Reptile doll" Friendship, and 2.) UMK3 male Ninja Pack for DLC for MK9 (notice how the UMK3 Reptile doll is placed in front of the MK2011 or MK9 Game Guide?)

Last edited:
I hope Ed Boon and NRS can help support MK9 by making UMK9 for a 2012 release with the same characters from MK9 and more new characters, stages, fatalities and more content than MK9 including more costumes, tag team king of the hill etc..

We just need one more DLC to make MK9 perfect so we won't need UMK9

Havik2dq.png

^^^^^Nuff Said^^^^^^^

We just need one more DLC to make MK9 perfect so we won't need UMK9

Havik2dq.png

^^^^^Nuff Said^^^^^^^

Havok would be one awesome character to bring out for DLC...I say yes we would need an UMK9 or MK9 would be incomplete. We dont have friendships Animalities, and Brutalities characters from MK1-UMK3 are still missing including several stages from MK1-UMK3 which never made an appearance in MK9 like the kombat tomb, the palace gates, the warrior shrine, the balcony, the bank etc...