No More DLC for MK9?

I really hope they are not bout to drop a sequel to that terrible game

Gameplay wise, the game was terrible, but I thought it sold pretty well, I know Midway went bankrupt and everything, but they were already doing bad financially. Maybe, NRS has been chosen by WB to develop a fighting game with DC characters only.

all i want is more costumes and more stages, sindel and sonya have the perfect attire for the females the rest is too skimpy, the rest of the females need tight black pants and cover a little on top and they be perfect, and please nrs release skarlet's alternate now wtf.

Just wanted to drop a few notes for all the fans:

1- NetherRealm Studios are indeed working on a new title. And yes, it is going to be Mortal Kombat related.
2- There are no plans for more DLC's. The team has decided to concentrate their effort on the new title. It must be said, however, that NetherRealm Studios will continue supporting MK9.

There are no plans for more DLC's. The team has decided to concentrate their effort on the new title. It must be said, however, that NetherRealm Studios will continue supporting MK9.

no DLC , yet NRS will keep supporting the game? I Dont see the point.

because if they're not doing DLC, then the only thing else left they can do is keep tampering with the characters such as getting carried away with nerfing them of over boosting them. Not a good idea.

1- NetherRealm Studios are indeed working on a new title. And yes, it is going to be Mortal Kombat related.
2- There are no plans for more DLC's. The team has decided to concentrate their effort on the new title. It must be said, however, that NetherRealm Studios will continue supporting MK9.

When you say no more DLC's, does it include costumes? IMO, every kharacter should have the same amount of costumes to choose from. How is it possible for Sub-Zero to end up with 4 when the majority only has 2?

Just hearing this gives me the chills but in a good way, an Ultimate Mortal Kombat 9 would be nice for a 2012 release :)

no DLC , yet NRS will keep supporting the game? I Dont see the point.

because if they're not doing DLC, then the only thing else left they can do is keep tampering with the characters such as getting carried away with nerfing them of over boosting them. Not a good idea.

Hint: Balance patches

C-Sword said:
When you say no more DLC's, does it include costumes? IMO, every kharacter should have the same amount of costumes to choose from. How is it possible for Sub-Zero to end up with 4 when the majority only has 2?

I'm afraid by no more DLC's I mean no more anything, apart from patches.

Just hearing this gives me the chills but in a good way, an Ultimate Mortal Kombat 9 would be nice for a 2012 release :)

Don't hold your breath for any announcement. ;)

Wait a moment.. didn't the representative for Mk9 state that as long as peoplw were playing the game they would continue to make dlc for MK9? I saw the video online and read the statment three times. Have peoplw stopped playing MK9? I don't think so. I'm am positive the dlc for MK9 sold extremely well. So why would they not keep their word and continue to make dlc for MK9? l still see room for a least two more dlc packs of characters for MK9. I think Ghost rider and a preditor would be perfect in the MK9 univese. I also like the idea of a mortal kombat version of the Grimm reaper. My own story tie in goes like this.. Shoakan in desperation seeks out more kombatants in hopes to win the tournament and take Earthrealm as his prize. He send out dark spirits to travel all space/time to find worthy fighters. Some kombatants brought back refuse to fight for Shoakan and join Raiden.

I truly feel NRS are up to something but I dont know what, Im still keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that an Ultimate Mortal Kombat 9 will emerge for 2012 feature more characters, more stages and pit fatalities, more alities such as brutalities, animalities and friendships, more missions, more krypt contents etc

Well they haven't said that DLC is finished for good have they?. They have no CURRENT plans. Which means that they might do or reveal something through out time.

phhhhht i dont know. lol :)

Wait a moment.. didn't the representative for Mk9 state that as long as peoplw were playing the game they would continue to make dlc for MK9? I saw the video online and read the statment three times. Have peoplw stopped playing MK9? I don't think so. I'm am positive the dlc for MK9 sold extremely well. So why would they not keep their word and continue to make dlc for MK9? l still see room for a least two more dlc packs of characters for MK9. I think Ghost rider and a preditor would be perfect in the MK9 univese. I also like the idea of a mortal kombat version of the Grimm reaper. My own story tie in goes like this.. Shoakan in desperation seeks out more kombatants in hopes to win the tournament and take Earthrealm as his prize. He send out dark spirits to travel all space/time to find worthy fighters. Some kombatants brought back refuse to fight for Shoakan and join Raiden.

Link or it didn't happen! :)

Well they haven't said that DLC is finished for good have they?. They have no CURRENT plans. Which means that they might do or reveal something through out time.

phhhhht i dont know. lol :)

I don't mean to disappoint, but future DLC's for Mortal Kombat is not in the plans and most likely will never be. I can understand the frustration, but NetherRealm Studios feel the effort can be spent more efficiently elsewhere.

Link or it didn't happen! :)

I don't mean to disappoint, but future DLC's for Mortal Kombat is not in the plans and most likely will never be. I can understand the frustration, but NetherRealm Studios feel the effort can be spent more efficiently elsewhere.

How can there effort be spent elsewhere if they got a great opportunity to make MK better if WB knows that its MK that makes them $$$$ why not have NRS spend just alittle more time on it while the product is still hot on the market thats all but I also understand your point its not just about MK they have to come up with other titles also :/

Maybe, Ed Boon and his team don't believe that MK9 has what it takes to compete with Street Fighter X Tekken, Tekken Hybrid and all the new fighting games that are coming out this fall/winter.

Maybe, Ed Boon and his team don't believe that MK9 has what it takes to compete with Street Fighter X Tekken, Tekken Hybrid and all the new fighting games that are coming out this fall/winter.
IMO It definately has, but also IMO MK9 has been a bit neglected, but that's the thing with NRS. They only care to release inumerous poorly executed MK games and not actually working on improving a already good title.

It's disappoiting. MK9 is arguably the best game in the series and this is from a fanatic from the classics.

Well, this is disappointing news. I was hoping we would at least get Skarlet's alt and perhaps Jason Voorhees (as much fun as I have playing as Freddy Krueger, having him as the only guest character...unless you have the PS3 version...is a wee bit jarring, IMO). Are there any plans to add the DLC characters to the Nekropolis (I could be wrong, but I remember reading that Kratos has a spot there).

Well, this is disappointing news. I was hoping we would at least get Skarlet's alt and perhaps Jason Voorhees (as much fun as I have playing as Freddy Krueger, having him as the only guest character...unless you have the PS3 version...is a wee bit jarring, IMO). Are there any plans to add the DLC characters to the Nekropolis (I could be wrong, but I remember reading that Kratos has a spot there).
Kratos does have spot there in Nekropolis, i have also seen images of Kitanas and Jades MK2 outfit views in Nekropolis and im wondering if they will be releasing all the DLC characters/ Regular characters in Nekropolis along with all there alt outfits but who knows only time will tell

I really hope they are not bout to drop a sequel to that terrible game

AMEN!! just a horrible game. would just cringe listening to the characters interact. oh then you have the RAGE. LOL

it sucks they are done with DLC. esp since the last add on was freddy krueger ugh. couldn't end on a high note. oh well gotta wait for MK10. and i hope they don't even try an ultimate mortal kombat, hopefully NRS would have the common sense to know NOT to do that to the fans.

I hope there not planning on Mk10 anytime soon. It is way to early to think about that. Let Mk 9 breath. Mk 10 needs to be on the Playstation 4. If anything hopefully there thinking about another action/adventure game. My vote is for more DLC or even Ultimate Mortal Kombat 9 with new characters and features at a discount price.