No More DLC for MK9?

I think that is where MK falls short of other fighters in terms of characters.
No costume diversity.

Most of the alternates in MK9 are very similar to the defaults.
But in Tekken, Yoshimitsu is all that needs to be said.

So I would welcome a costume like the one you posted Goddess.
And a Machamp skin for Goro :deal:

I think that is where MK falls short of other fighters in terms of characters.
No costume diversity.

Most of the alternates in MK9 are very similar to the defaults.
But in Tekken, Yoshimitsu is all that needs to be said.

So I would welcome a costume like the one you posted Goddess.
And a Machamp skin for Goro :deal:

i agree. i love Kitana's alternate, but it just doesn't satisfy her. i would love that for Goro!

here are Lili's Tekken 6 costumes:
lili_rochefort_by_alisa_bosconovitch-d3gasql.jpg

lili_rochefort_new_look_by_alisa_bosconovitch-d3dkj7v.jpg

player2lili.jpg

great diversity!!

Forget about Crapcom...Midway not Crapcom came up with an UMK3 back in 1996 if you remeber so I think an UMK9 would a good release for 2012 and allowing MK10 for a 2014 release

And who do you think started the whole upgrading crap again? It was Crapcom! Who is STILL continuing this business practice in the era of patches and DLC? It's Crapcom! Who needed 21 years to count from 1 to 4 with their marquee fighting game franchise? It's Crapcom (it only took Midway 5 years to do that)! STILL think it's a good idea to stunt the growth of the series with unnecessary upgrades?

And who do you think started the whole upgrading crap again? It was Crapcom! Who is STILL continuing this business practice in the era of patches and DLC? It's Crapcom! Who needed 21 years to count from 1 to 4 with their marquee fighting game franchise? It's Crapcom (it only took Midway 5 years to do that)! STILL think it's a good idea to stunt the growth of the series with unnecessary upgrades?

This exactly. Yeah, we may have had UMK3, but that was back before DLC and patches. There's no excuse for still doing that in this day and age and I don't want to see Mortal Kombat go that route.

I thought we were done with the stupidity of releasing a MK game each year. Please, let NRS take the time they need to make a great game and, to me, MK9 doesn't feel old at all. I hope MK is still competitive next year.

I hope they end up releasing Goro and Kintaro since they're already on the disc, and Jason is a nice addition too. The rest I don't really care, all I wanted was Motaro anyway. Please, let them fix online.

I also don't like the fact that Capcom is releasing a bunch of different versions of the same game, BUT at least they don't release games that are full of bugs and gameplay problems like another company I know, just compare SF3 OE and MK AK.

Back on topic, if MK9 on the PS Vita does contain additional features, I'm pretty sure that we will get them as DLC on the PS3 and 360 as well, so be patient.

I also don't like the fact that Capcom is releasing a bunch of different versions of the same game, BUT at least they don't release games that are full of bugs and gameplay problems like another company I know, just compare SF3 OE and MK AK.

Back on topic, if MK9 on the PS Vita does contain additional features, I'm pretty sure that we will get them as DLC on the PS3 and 360 as well, so be patient.

Emulated re-releases don't count. Do you want to wait 11 years before MK10 is released the same way Crapcom fans had to wait for SF4 or not?

There has only been one "Ultimate" Mortal Kombat, let's hope it stays that way.

I second that! If the "ninja" palette-swaps from the previous games were present, UMK3 does not see the light of day (and you have Daniel Pesina's Bloodstorm advertising stunt to thank for that). But to be honest with you, I LOVED Kabal and Sub-Zero in the original MK3 for obvious reasons! They should've been left alone for UMK3!

There has only been one "Ultimate" Mortal Kombat, let's hope it stays that way.
But this will mess up everything, i love MK9 but its still not complete we are still missing stages from MK1-UMK3 as well as characters and Alities from MK1-UMK3 like Friendships, Animalities, and Brutalities, it will be akward if they brought that into MK10 as MK10 which is suppose to be from games 4, 5, and 6 did not contain Animalities Brutalities, and Friendships depending on how and what direction NRS plan to take MK10 to. I say an UMK9 would be great for a 2012 release with all the missing content not included with MK9 and it could even be one whole DLC package for $20-30 dollars and you can download it onto your MK9 game..they already have the game made they just need to put in the missing details..leave MK10 for 2013 release

Now what do you guys mean by a PS Vita? I have no clue what you guys mean by that.

Last edited:
I think NRS has a little something under their sleeves. The DLC can't stop here!

i agree, why would NRS stop making DLC after seeing that DLC sold well, even Ed Boon was questioned by someone on Via twitter if he gets tired of people texting him about DLC and his response was that we pay the bills due to the money they make off of us for the DLC. Seriously im a big fan of MK and im down to spend $50 on any future dlc they decide to release so NRS...Bring out more of that DLC cause im down to spend my $$$ on it better if they come out in bundles with more extra free content would be fine as well

everybody

my dad works at NRS I know what they're doing

but I cant tell you because I'll get in trouble