Neck Stretch

Ben Widman

BANALITY
Why does everybody hate Quan Chi's neck stretch fatality fro. Deadly alliance?
You see the actual method of the fatality is not just to elongate the victims neck but rather completely dislocate his or her spine which would cause several innards to be ripped apart resulting in death so the actual concept of the fatality is pretty violent.

It's retarded, that's why. Want to see a neck rip that would have been great?

helios_big_version_by_IkeTheGreat.gif

I seem to recall even Ed Boon named that his least favorite fatality. With most fatalities, even if they end up not being good you can at least see what they were trying to do. That one, there's just no explaining or defending. Yes, stretching someone's neck would dislocate it and cause death, however I don't think it would leave the victim looking like a giraffe.

1) even if the whole spine is dislocated, it should limp instead of remaining stiff
2) human skin is not elastic enough to stretch that far without tearing

As a fatality, it is somewhat funny, but neither brutal nor believable.

Last edited:
it's a dumb fatality. But it makes me laugh and it's nice to throw in something over the top like that. It brings back the vibe of Kabal's head inflation fatality.

I like the neck stretch way more than Liu Kang's MK1 fatality or any other boring fatality that ever existed in the series

Wow, haven't had to whip out this argument in a long time.

The Neck Stretch is one of the most badass fatalities of all time.

Quan has the ability to rip your spine out, FROM THE INSIDE!
Even the OG Sub-Zero couldn't do that.

it's a dumb fatality. But it makes me laugh and it's nice to throw in something over the top like that. It brings back the vibe of Kabal's head inflation fatality.

I like the neck stretch way more than Liu Kang's MK1 fatality or any other boring fatality that ever existed in the series

Liu Kang's MK1 fatality was deliberately boring since the idea was as a monk he finished his opponents as non-violent as possible. The screen didn't even get dark for it.

Of course as the games went on, Liu as a monk kind of got retconned out of the story so it makes him in MK1 look comparatively lamer in retrospect.

I seem to recall even Ed Boon named that his least favorite fatality. With most fatalities, even if they end up not being good you can at least see what they were trying to do. That one, there's just no explaining or defending. Yes, stretching someone's neck would dislocate it and cause death, however I don't think it would leave the victim looking like a giraffe.

Lol, its ironic how another of Quan's fatalities is Ed Boon's personal favorite, just check out mk wiki and the old mka special edition bonus vid on the history of fatalities, its true.