TRMK XBL Tournament!

GUTZnGORE

All are welcome to join, but if you lack skill don't waste everyones time please.

This tournament is strictly for bragging rights/fun, the only prize is winning itself. If you would like to enter just fill in the blanks!

Gamertag:
Name: (Optional)
Prefered fight time:
True Skill rank:

Please provide either your ranked or player match true skill rank (which ever you play more of) so I can even out the fights. The tournament will start as soon as we have a decent amount of people (12 or more). As we get more people we will set some base rules for fights and reporting who wins and what not. Hopefully everyone can have a little fun with this, so what are you waiting for?

Last edited:
All are welcome to join, but if you lack skill don't waste everyones time please.

This tournament is strictly for bragging rights/fun, the only prize is winning itself. If you would like to enter just fill in the blanks!

Gamertag:
Prefered fight time:
True Skill rank:

Please provide either your ranked or player match true skill rank (which ever you play more of) so I can even out the fights. The tournament will start as soon as we have a decent amount of people (12 or more). As we get more people we will set some base rules for fights and reporting who wins and what not. Hopefully everyone can have a little fun with this, so what are you waiting for?

Sounds cool! I'm omw to work so I'll fill in details later.

Gamertag: Wushu Fighter
Time Zone: Central Standard Time
I'd prefer fighting on a weekend, when I'm not in school.
My player match skill record is 1150/600. I don't play ranked.

EDIT: Just found out my true skill, it's 27.

And whenever this tournament starts please INBOX me. I never get informed enough for stuff like this..

Last edited:

Gamertag:
Prefered fight time:
True Skill rank:

What are the conditions?

Zoidberg747:
Timezone: CST -6 GMT
Prefered fight time: Weekends, way too much schoolwork for weekdays
True Skill rank: Dont give a crap, I mainly play in the TYM room for decent competition

Gamertag: jbell0129
Name: joey
Timezone: eastern
Prefered fight time:weekends
True Skill rank:dont know. - im like 27-14 online though, stopped playing online in may. Now im back - usually play people who come over.

@Flagg, just what would be considered fair I suppose. Once we get some more people the rules will be worked out. Nothing major, but for example if you just sit at the opposite side of the screen and spam projectiles the entire fight, you'll be disqualified.

And for those who didn't post a true skill, please do. You win/lose doesn't really matter at the moment. Just post either your ranked or player match TS, which can be easily found in the leaderboard section online.

@Flagg, just what would be considered fair I suppose. Once we get some more people the rules will be worked out. Nothing major, but for example if you just sit at the opposite side of the screen and spam projectiles the entire fight, you'll be disqualified.

And for those who didn't post a true skill, please do. You win/lose doesn't really matter at the moment. Just post either your ranked or player match TS, which can be easily found in the leaderboard section online.

While it's not my tournament to say what goes, I don't think banning "spammers/zoners" is fair, for someone like Sindel or Noob, it's one of their only options against a Cage or SZ. I don't like it either, BUT it is a part of the game, but it's your tournie dude. Maybe get a "best of 3" or something.

Anywho;

XBL tag: cactusflagg
Player: my stats have "reset", but they were about 1200/1400
Ranked: 60/30 (approximate, for the same above reason)
I'm in England, so I operate on GMT. I'm good to go in the evening, from 7pm (GMT) onwards. I'm usually scarce of a weekend, however im sure compromises can be made.

To dq someone for playing "uncool" is monumentally stupid. This isn't figure skating, no judges are needed.

Gamertag: poopingtoad
Name: Jay
Timezone: eastern
Prefered fight time: at night lol
ranked match TrueSkill rank: 39
ranked match W/L ratio: 1427-408
player match TrueSkill rank: 34
player match W/L ratio: 6585-3391

Gamertag: ST3RL1NGXS1LV3R
Timezone: EST
Preferred Fight Time: 7-8PM.
Player Match Record: Somewhere Around 1000/210?
True Skill Rank: 44

Age doesn't have anything to do with it, just was wondering. And why should it be in the tournament section if it's related to online gameplay...

You won't be disqualified for playing "uncool". Zoning and spamming are completely different things, and I don't feel as it would be fair to everyone else to let someone play for example Kano and throw knives the entire fight.

Some players win/loss ration is weak!

Most W/L ratios are fake anyways. In Player and Chat Rooms you can choose who to fight, and in Ranked it can match you up with anyone regardless of skill. There are some people on here who boast about their ratios, but I have gotten matched with them and they decline, or I played and beat them with ease.

Age doesn't have anything to do with it, just was wondering. And why should it be in the tournament section if it's related to online gameplay...

Why should a thread for a tournament be in the tournament section? I have no idea....

You won't be disqualified for playing "uncool". Zoning and spamming are completely different things, and I don't feel as it would be fair to everyone else to let someone play for example Kano and throw knives the entire fight.

Oh no, actually it is fair. Is it boring, yes. But you can't tell someone how to play, especially in a tournament. Why doesn't everyone just go into practice, show us some combs and we will vote if we are dictating what play styles are not acceptable in the "mk unwritten rule book".

Gamertag: BeatDownMao88
Name: Mao Zedong
Timezone: East
Prefered fight time: late night
True Skill rank: +1 everyone else

People Need To Keep In Mind, This Tournament Is For "Bragging Rights/Fun", Nothing Else. I Don't See Why Anyone Is Caring About Records.