Dead or Alive 5

Andria Sang is reporting that Dead or Alive 5 may end up having more crossover characters added to its roster besides just Akira Yuki from Virtua Fighter. In an interview with Famitsu, Team Ninja's Yousuke Hayashi mentions that since they went through all the hard work to get Akira into the game that they probably wont stop there and will try to have other guest characters make an appearance as well.

While this initial collaboration is with SEGA, he wasn't clear if the future characters would also be from Virtua Fighter or other franchises entirely.

If by some odd chance that a mk character was to be in it DOA5 would probs be an instant buy. Im going to get it any either way

If there will be a character from MK, there's a chance that Mileena and/or Kitana will be there. From Virtua Fighter, it would most likely be Sarah Bryant.

So sick.

This looks like this is going to really push the fighting genre into a different direction. Like action fighting, or fighting entertainment or something mind breaking like that.

Did you see Hitomi's new parry where she snaps Ayane's head back, throws her over her shoulder and ninja chops her in the throat. That is awesome. Hitomi also has the uppercut that sends the opponent of her I saw in the first round. I wounder if that is a charged move and depending on charge time it either sends your opponent behind you or just high in front of you?

You see how they are all duuurty at the end? Saweet.

Looks like they did much better in individualizing the faces. In DOA, all the girls kinda looked the same. Just with different hair colors and skin shades.

I like how they went more realistic looking with the faces, but Kasumi and Hitomi looks hideous. Ayane I think looks better, and why does Hayate looks like Leon from RE4? o_O

I only want this game thanks to Akira. XD

Awesome! I don't know how many people will take this seriously with the environment damage. I don't understand why Hayate has a tech bow on his back? Is he and Busa going deer hunting?

Also its a shame that apparently Ninja Gaiden III bombed. Which kind of sucked because I was going to get the super special limited edition or whatever just for the DOA demo. Oh well.

Last edited:
Awesome! I don't know how many people will take this seriously with the environment damage. I don't understand why Hayate has a tech bow on his back? Is he and Busa going deer hunting?

Also its a shame that apparently Ninja Gaiden III bombed. Which kind of sucked because I was going to get the super special limited edition or whatever just for the DOA demo. Oh well.

other than IGNorant NG3 is getting between 70 and 80s from most gaming sites but I still going to wait it out I'm still feeling salty over the DOA 5 demo being only two characters per console. Im not paying a 100 big ones just so I can have 4 characters for a FN demo!

NG3 is really not that bad. It's far too easy and they overdid it with quick-time events, but it's a solid action game. The DOA 5 demo is pretty fun too.

I was wondering about how that was going to work, great to see they added some options. Really makes this game more of a rock paper scissors. I read some guest comments complaining that it was just be spammed but I believe if you pull some serious strings you will still come out on top, regardless of the environments.

I'm not big on quick time events, but I won't complain as long as they are not triggered too frequently. Hopefully the defending player will also have options to reverse the situation or at least minimize their disadvantage.

I don't take much heed in comments on Gametrailers, since much of the audience have seem to have a penchant for jumping to conclusions.

Ok I've watched videos again and I take back what I said about Kasumi, but I still don't like the way Hitomi looks. XD

I'm not big on quick time events, but I won't complain as long as they are not triggered too frequently. Hopefully the defending player will also have options to reverse the situation or at least minimize their disadvantage.

I don't take much heed in comments on Gametrailers, since much of the audience have seem to have a penchant for jumping to conclusions.

Yeah, in the demo the defending player also has a chance.