Dead or Alive 5

Good news: DOA 5 Demo confirmed
Bad news: you need to buy the collector edition of ng3 which retails at $170 in order to get the demo

http://www.doaworld.com/forums/index.php?/page/index.html/_/doa-news/doa5-alpha-playable-demo-r179

Tecmo Koei announced that the first print run of Ninja Gaiden 3 will include an exclusive playable demo of DOA5! The demo will differ on PS3 & 360. The PS3 version will include Hayate & Ayane while the 360 version will have Hayabusa & Hitomi. The pricier collector's edition of NG3 will include all 4 fighters (on both systems).

Hmmm, over at IGN.com, they have an article stating the preorder from Gamestop you get Hayabusa & Hitomi, while Amazon preorder bonus gets Hayate & Ayane.

Those who pre-order the game from GameStop or Amazon will also receive a demo from Tecmo Koei's upcoming Dead or Alive 5. Customers who pre-order at GameStop will be able to play the demo as Ryu Hayabusa or Hitomi, while those who pre-order from Amazon will play as Ayane and Hayate. Players who buy the Collector's Edition of Ninja Gaiden 3 will be able to play as all four characters.

I'm not interested at all. It pisses me off how they went back to using 3 point counter system instead of 4. It just makes it a random mid counter noob fest. Plus the falling off the cliff thing sounds like a idea taken from MK vs DC. Not to mention they're adding Fireballs to a 3D fighter? I could deal with it in DOAD(since I didn't take it all that serious) but do they expect people to take this game more serious?

Team Ninja chief Yosuke Hayashi said that he'd be very interested in developing a game that combines Dead or Alive with another fighting franchise. Speaking with Edge, Hayashi said that he and his staff would love to collaborate with another studio on a fighter mash-up á la Street Fighter x Tekken.

"In terms of collaboration titles, there are staff on our team who just love fighting games and if there was any chance to do that we'd actively, possibly do that," said Hayashi.

When asked what series he'd want to square off with the Dead or Alive roster, Hayashi said that Dead or Alive x Virtua Fighter would be his personal dream partnership, explaining that "Virtua Fighter was the father of 3D gaming, so it's very well respected."

Virtua Fighter's Akira is a guest in DOA5!

Team Ninja chief Yosuke Hayashi said that he'd be very interested in developing a game that combines Dead or Alive with another fighting franchise. Speaking with Edge, Hayashi said that he and his staff would love to collaborate with another studio on a fighter mash-up á la Street Fighter x Tekken.

"In terms of collaboration titles, there are staff on our team who just love fighting games and if there was any chance to do that we'd actively, possibly do that," said Hayashi.

When asked what series he'd want to square off with the Dead or Alive roster, Hayashi said that Dead or Alive x Virtua Fighter would be his personal dream partnership, explaining that "Virtua Fighter was the father of 3D gaming, so it's very well respected."

Virtua Fighter's Akira is a guest in DOA5!

Nice! It would be better if Sarah Bryant is there so she can face off against Helena, Christie, or Tina Armstrong. If I get this game, I'll most likely play as Ayane, Kasumi, and Hitomi.

There is no ****ing way I'm missing out on this game.
Those hits looked so damn hard!

It looks to me like it plays like a mixture of Tekken and Street Fighter :love:

Did you get a chance to play any DOA yet?

It plays nothing like Street Fighter.

I've not the chance to play it yet unfortunately.
I said it looked like SF because of the speed of the attacks.
Never said it played like SF you ****ing sillies.

Andria Sang is reporting that Dead or Alive 5 may end up having more crossover characters added to its roster besides just Akira Yuki from Virtua Fighter. In an interview with Famitsu, Team Ninja's Yousuke Hayashi mentions that since they went through all the hard work to get Akira into the game that they probably wont stop there and will try to have other guest characters make an appearance as well.

While this initial collaboration is with SEGA, he wasn't clear if the future characters would also be from Virtua Fighter or other franchises entirely.

More cross over characters? Ok I see only one that needs to be added. Ryo Hazuki. He would fight in great, in Shenmue he had his fighting style, he was even created by the VF team. Something along those lines as Shenmue was intended to be an Akira open world spin off.

ryo_13_defectos.jpg

ryo_12_aficiones.jpg