Dead or Alive 5

Thanks for posting that I usually check for updates almost every day to see if there were more leaks but my mind is somewhere else today... checking more into it now.

dis game better have good online!! I can't take this gamespy steaming pile of monkey crap anymore from MK9!

dead or alive 5: Director wants more cameos, ‘ryo from shenmue would be ideal’

dead or alive 5 director yosuke hayashi would like more cameos in dead or alive 5 after launch, and revealed to vg247 that his ideal cameo would be ryo from shenmue. He also explained the relationship between team ninja and sega in greater detail.

Hayashi said, “actually not a lot of people may know this but the first dead or alive game that came out in arcades was actually made with the virtua fighter arcade engine. So that’s how the first ever dead or alive project came about.”

“we didn’t aim to be where virtua fighter was, but because we used its engine as our base, we obviously had some kind of connection with sega. So when we decided to make dead or alive 5 we went to see them and to say, ‘hey, we’re making this game’, and through conversation we asked if sega could join us in this celebration of our comeback.

“sega then said ok, and thanks to our connections in the past they thought it’d be fun, so why not do it? So we got the characters and sega was very cooperatively actually, in letting us adjust them for our game. We were in very close contact with their development team.”

“we got their guidance and feedback, we got them to check for everything we were doing with the characters. Because of that kind of close communication, we managed to pull off a fairly close system to the original virtua fighter characters.”

when we asked if there were other dream cameos hayashi would like to see in the game, he replied, “speaking of sega characters, i’d say the main character from shenmue. When considering a cameo for a fighting game, you have to look at someone who can actually fight. After the release of dead or alive 5 we’d like to explore cameos further, but at the moment…it’s a secret”

omgomgomgomgomgomg

hayashi has confirmed that dead or alive 4 interactive styled lobbies won't be making a return. For those of you who don't know, the doa4 interactive lobbies actually had a huge impact on the games netcode. To ensure everyone has lag free games, team ninja have decided to remove it all together.

noooooooooooooooo

Plus a plethora of new videos are out from IGN Pro League...

Snow level!

And this new awesome level!

Last edited:
damn.. waiting for this game is painful!! My heart can't take anymore I'm taking some days off of work just for DOA5 lol

Not really...

No one is a ripoff of anyone.

Leo is a girl. Elliot is a boy.

They don't even dress the same.

Just because they both have blonde hair (not even the same haircut) and are young, doesn't mean one ripped off of another.

Well since Eliot has been around longer, I had to counter his claim of who would have potentially ripped off who. I have played a grip of Eliot and noticed about two moves they do the same.

my house doesnt have wireless internet I'm in a bad situation right now (been in worse). Getting a new phone soon with mifi hotspot so I'll see if I can game online then. And most of my friends don't like fighting games they're so fuggin lame. Life is crazy and it SUCKS.

Are most of you picking up this game for the 360? I don't see the point of buying it for the PS3 if there'll be no people to play with. The last DOA I played was the 2nd one, so I'll probably be terrible.

Are most of you picking up this game for the 360? I don't see the point of buying it for the PS3 if there'll be no people to play with. The last DOA I played was the 2nd one, so I'll probably be terrible.
I'm playing the PS3 version since thats where i play my fighters so feel free to add my psn if you want to throw down when DOA5 drops!

BTW that trailer got me PUMPED