Dead or Alive 5

Akira's style translates very well to DOA, I can see him almost as a Kokoro-esque type character.

My hype meter is nearing maximum capacity.

Tecmo Koei has revealed details about the DOA5 collectors edition. The premium edition will retail for 11,340 yen (about $140). It includes an art book, soundtrack, 8 character post cards, 10 special character metal plates, and a serial code for 12 "premium sexy Costumes" DLC.

That's more than I am comfortable with spending, although I am interested in the art book and soundtrack. Granted, retail prices for video games are generally higher in Japan, but I doubt any more than $20 will shaved off, if at all.

Tecmo Koei has revealed details about the DOA5 collectors edition. The premium edition will retail for 11,340 yen (about $140). It includes an art book, soundtrack, 8 character post cards, 10 special character metal plates, and a serial code for 12 "premium sexy Costumes" DLC.

I will be buying the collectors edition. I highly doubt it will be $140, that is way too steep. I am sure it will be in $100-$120 range.

12 premium sexy costumes?! I hope they are all for the dudes... .... wait wut?

It would be awesome to see Gen Fu in a sexy costume though XD

Spoiler:
doa5-kasumisexy.jpg

One of the "premium costumes". It was too predictable, I'm afraid.

Last edited:
Wait a minute, is that a typo and an fake picture? I cant believe they're bringing back tag. This game keeps getting better and better, im pre-ordering this sh*t right now!

There'll be tag.

So many fighting games coming out, not sure if this one is on my ''must buy'' list.

I've been playing DOA since the DOA2 demo disc in the official Dreamcast Magazine. I am just as excited for this then I was Mortal Kombat.

Some footage of my main man Zack.

Also, do you know why the life bars turn a blinking red? I thought it when you have stunned your opponent? But now I am thinking it is indicating you can do a power blow? Anyone have an info on the life bar?

Kasumi is looking like one of my mains, damm shes tight. The only thing that would make this game perfect would be a deep customization but all the costumes look great so is not a requirement.

Team Ninja has 'no plans' to sell additional characters for Dead or Alive 5.

Releasing additional characters as downloadable content for fighting games makes the game "unfair", Dead or Alive 5's developer Team Ninja has told VideoGamer, referring to Capcom's strategy of including additional 'downloadable' characters on-disc as not being "the right way to go".

"We don't feel that it's right for fighting games," Team Ninja boss Yosuke Hayashi told VideoGamer when asked for his opinion on on-disc DLC during E3.

"We feel like this is a kind of sport, and you don't change the rules for sports. Everybody plays by the same rules. You don't have a 14-player soccer game versus an 11-player soccer game. That's just not fair.

"It's a similar thing to if certain people have all these characters and others don't. It makes it an unfair game, and we don't think that's the right way to go for fighting games.

"We have no plans to sell characters as downloadable content."

As well as making the game unfair, Hayashi believes that releasing additional characters makes balancing the game even harder, something that's "already very difficult to get right".

"Balance is extremely important, and it's also very hard to do," he continued.

"Even with over 20 characters that's still a real challenge. If we had 50, how much more time would need to balance the game? It gets that much harder to get it right, and it's already very difficult to get right."

I'm buying this game if this is true, more developers should follow, screw DLC.

I glad they are focused on balancing the game not just ''Make em buy the DLC first and patch it later '' attitude. This is Team Ninja last chance to redeem itself after the abomination that is NG3. I hope they don't screw it up

Agreed 110% with Team Ninja!

I applaud them with their attitude, or is it in the face of recent backlash of DLC milking? Either way, I applaud Team Ninja, always have.

Tecmo Koei has announced the Collector’s Edition for Dead or Alive 5. Available exclusively at GameStop, the set will include a steel case as well as premium swimsuit costumes for the game’s characters. A hardcover book, soundtrack CD and poster will also be included, and the set will be available for $79.99.

Beyond the Collector’s set, new pre-order bonuses were also announced. Anyone who pre-orders the game from GameStop will receive in-game bunny-style swimsuits for Kasumi, Leifang and Hitomi, and anyone who pre-orders from Amazon will receive “DOA Devils” black swimsuits for Christie, Tina and Ayane.

Dead or Alive 5 will hit stores on September 25, 2012. Earlier this week, Team Ninja head Yosuke Hayashi revealed that the game won’t include DLC fighters. It will, however, include a cameo from Virtua Fighter’s Akira Yuki, as announced earlier this year.