What have you been dealing with lately?

it seems noone's hatin' on ermac anymore. I haven't really noticed any phases of characters lately, apart from when i started playing.

I can't stand Kitana it's almost impossible to out zone her and one little mess up will result in a 3 dash eat a sandwich than combo me for a unbreakable 40-50 percent! Ive beaten plenty of Kitana spammers but a good Kitana player thats another story.

I love Ermac, he's a great zoner and probably my best character to counter-attack Mileena's teleport and D4 with force push. He's really good, but far from top-tier list. He has literally no mix-up response for so many situations...

Lately, I've seen A LOT of Johnny Cages doing his safe and annoying flying kick or whatever that is - you can barely punish it. Even more Cyrax and his over 50% reset combos. Few days ago, 2 players did his 70% reset combo on me. Obviously that doesn't need to be patched since it seems sooo HARD to do. Mileena and her annoying D4. A lot of REO's copycats. I find fighting Mileenas and Sub-Zeros pretty boring :/

I wish there were more Barakas, Jades or Shang Tsungs...

I play Baraka :p Im trying to learn either Jade or Stryker, dont know. Anyway if you really want a bit more variety then go to the TYM or TRMK rooms. USUALLY you get good competition that either plays a not very well known character or plays a character like Scorpion like you have never seen before.

See i know there is an epidemic going on with Kitana, i have never fought her myself to much though. I always get the Kungs, Ermacs, Subs, and Mr. teleport himself Raiden. Maybe people are just being polite and not trying to mirror match.

Mirror matches are good, because you occasionally learn new things.

Played a Baraka today, with Baraka...and I never knew you could blade charge after his Ginsu Chop.

So straight into the training room I went, to try out new stuff. Baraka is quite easily capable of doing numerous 30%+ combos.

I always play Kitana and I've only ever had 1 mirror match, and its not out of curtesy because I always hide my character select, and i ended up winning with a babality, I think I taught them something, I'd love to come across an experienced Kitana player though purely because i know there are far better players out there than me and learning combo's is fine, but if you can't use them in a match then they're pointless.

I came across a lot of scorpions initially but I'd say my most common opponent is probably Smoke, and that makes for a very boring encounter when you end up standing still blocking against someone who's just planning to D,B,4 all the time

I always play Kitana and I've only ever had 1 mirror match, and its not out of curtesy because I always hide my character select, and i ended up winning with a babality, I think I taught them something, I'd love to come across an experienced Kitana player though purely because i know there are far better players out there than me and learning combo's is fine, but if you can't use them in a match then they're pointless.

I came across a lot of scorpions initially but I'd say my most common opponent is probably Smoke, and that makes for a very boring encounter when you end up standing still blocking against someone who's just planning to D,B,4 all the time

What system you're on? I would like to test my Kitana against yours.

Major Logan will never be on comedy central, because he's no Joke. <3 we should game more.

Haha, that made me laugh. I know full well I won't stand a chance against most experienced players here. I was just saying I've never come across another Kitana player and when I did they were probably quite new, I wasn't trying to big myself up or anything lol

I do get accused of spamming sometimes purely cause i throw projectiles when i've knocked someone down when i'm at a distance, but I think the accusations a bit unfair

I'm PS3, EU version

Haha, that made me laugh. I know full well I won't stand a chance against most experienced players here. I was just saying I've never come across another Kitana player and when I did they were probably quite new, I wasn't trying to big myself up or anything lol

I do get accused of spamming sometimes purely cause i throw projectiles when i've knocked someone down when i'm at a distance, but I think the accusations a bit unfair

I'm PS3, EU version

I'm just teasing you :).

but really major Logan is the only kitana so far I ran into that makes me sweat.

Kitana has a very dangerous rush down game that I don't see many people taking advantage of. Many just heavily zone with her waiting for the opponent to jump. I've only been defeated three times in ranked matches and one of them was a Kitana (and the others were hat-tiers obviously).

Kitana has a very dangerous rush down game that I don't see many people taking advantage of. Many just heavily zone with her waiting for the opponent to jump. I've only been defeated three times in ranked matches and one of them was a Kitana (and the others were hat-tiers obviously).

i really Haven't came across a random good kitana player in a while(Ranked match), People are now using exploits to there advantage to get easy wins. Its sad that a UMK3 Costume Cyrax can spam the command grab reset the whole match and win. People are using the MK2 Kostume with Smoke for the OTG combo. Rank matches are the most frustrating. Its not that i cant compete with good players but its like why waste the time of being frustrated and angry when i can play a player match or TRMK members :)

I just came across only my second Kitana dupe player just now, won both rounds but they put up a fight, they were a lot more direct and trying to keep me in close proximity, quite an aggresive player, whilst i tend to zone and projectile a lot then jump into a combo. was interesting.

I need some advise :( I've found the most common types i lose to are when someone gets close to me and spams the same 3 hit combo over and over again. I just lost to a smoke player who whenever he got close to me just repeated this combo. I normally get out of that by a low kick, 4, but he had a low hit in his combo, didn't work, frustrating ! a similar thing happened not too long ago against a johnny cage player, nearly killed him, he closed me down and got close, then just did a bunch of 3 hit combo's over and over whilst im blocking trying to get a low kick in. What's the best way for Kitana to wake when trapped against the corner, my low kicks seem to be failing me lol

I usually don't use my main first, I just use my secondary to see what the player is capable of.

thats exactly what i do, i give players a small ladder to climb lol first they gotta beat my skarlet, then my sektor an after that is noob the boss. i also have two other mains (csz and sonya) and im glad i picked csz as one of my mains because out of sheer coincidence i found out that he's kitanas kryptonite. if im having trouble with a good kitana player i just pick csz and its on.

I just came across only my second Kitana dupe player just now, won both rounds but they put up a fight, they were a lot more direct and trying to keep me in close proximity, quite an aggresive player, whilst i tend to zone and projectile a lot then jump into a combo. was interesting.

I need some advise :( I've found the most common types i lose to are when someone gets close to me and spams the same 3 hit combo over and over again. I just lost to a smoke player who whenever he got close to me just repeated this combo. I normally get out of that by a low kick, 4, but he had a low hit in his combo, didn't work, frustrating ! a similar thing happened not too long ago against a johnny cage player, nearly killed him, he closed me down and got close, then just did a bunch of 3 hit combo's over and over whilst im blocking trying to get a low kick in. What's the best way for Kitana to wake when trapped against the corner, my low kicks seem to be failing me lol

EX Fan or Regular fan Cutter. Or EX Fan lift.

EX Fan or Regular fan Cutter. Or EX Fan lift.

This is where my inexperience shows then as I've not incorporated the Ex Fan lift at all. I do use fan cutter a lot to try and break out, thanks for the advise. I'm finding aggresive players to be my most common downfall

This is where my inexperience shows then as I've not incorporated the Ex Fan lift at all. I do use fan cutter a lot to try and break out, thanks for the advise. I'm finding aggresive players to be my most common downfall

EX fan lift is not the best option in my opinion, because when there in the air. The most you can do is like 30% its above average dammage But i can do more with staggered Opponent using Normal Fan cutters. If you want spacing to zone EX fan cutters because you get a knock down :)

Kitana has really fast pokes, After the 3rd hit you block... Do a down+1 or a Down+3/4 Then start your own pressure. Careful some people have large advantage on your block. so you gotta be quick.

You may not want to hear this but you kind of have to learn EVERY character in the game to some extent... just so you know high's low's mediums' special high's(that hit crouching block but not naked crouch.) and special medium (hit's naked+blocking crouch, but doesn't break crouching block)

I might have the special names backwards oh well. Point is, You need to learn like every character... just to know how to beat them.

Mortal Kombat is not a game you can pick up and just jump online. You have to do alot of memorizing/learning before you can compete.

Smash brothers/Blazblue You can generally easily link things together as long as you know the basics. Easy to pick up hard to master games.

Mortal kombat is not that easy to just pick up, considering you have to know the entire cast and what they are capable of. that was a large gripe between some of my friends wanting to pick this up. That they have to sit there for hours just to learn the normals.