Should MK10 be done by another team?

Someone else make MK?
Are you ****ing retarded?
And Capcom really? This is an american franchise I don't wanna see it ****in over exaggerated ****in anime style. Adding lots of flashing ******** on screen, annoying music and an annoying ass announcer and 100 hit super combos isn't going to make the next MK or any MK better.
There isn't a videogame on the market that doesn't have atleast a few mistakes or glitches in it. Yes this is more noticeable because its a fighting game and in the tourney scene. But I truly believe NRS has done their best to balance and patch things decently. Maybe not as fast as some people want and maybe not the things some people want patched. But the fact is this is the best and most successful MK since its hey day and they're only going to get better at it. The next MK will surely be playtested to death and have the netcode tested out the ass as well.
As many of you can attest this is hands down the best MK game ever made. Go play MKAK and then stop playing it an hour or two later because as great as those games were and still are they can't compare to the depth and innovation of MK9.
MK2 is my favorite old skool MK game and MK9 has the look and feel of that game with so much more. The combo mechanics the fighting engine everything in MK9 is great. And saying lightning won't strike twice? You obviously were a zygote in the 90's because it has struck twice. When I was 10 MK was huge one of the biggest franchises around and it is now once again a huge IP. For a developer to come back from the brink of bargain bin hell to one of the biggest games of the year is unheard of so show some ****ing respect.
Listen as consumers we expect everything to be perfect. The ignorance of entitlement in people is baffling. "Well I paid good money and this is messed up and this is bad and this sucks"-Hey shut the **** up! I couldn't imagine games coming this far when I was 10 and 17 years later I'm blown away by what developers including NRS accomplish. The fact is that if they kept working on games until they were perfect most games would never see the light of day. Go see a movie that everyone says is spectacular, then find the filmmaker and he will tell you 100 things he would change. Nothing is ever perfect. They rush to get things out to consumers to fund the next thing and the cycle repeats. They were making MK10 while finishing MK9 I guarantee it. Because when huge amounts of money are involved, its always about what's next. Ask Ed Boon if he wanted another year to work on the game and he'd say yes but working on a product isn't profitable selling a product is. So no one dropped the ball on MK9 its great for what it is. And we should be happy its back in a big bad way. Mistakes are made in everything from movies to music to car manufacture does that mean they should have their product taken away? No, because as with most things they get better over time and I think MK10 will show naysayers that NRS is the only developer that could ever make a true mortal kombat game.

do you think they will learn from their mistakes on MK9?
I'm interested in reading, what do you perceive as flaws in this game?
Help from capcom would be nice, see what they did with the SF series imagine what they can do to improve MK :)
I would agree if we were talking about Armageddon/MKvsDC. But with MK2011, I can only see NRS (especially since they have WB to respond to) doing better!

Well, MK9 is a good fighting game, with many flaws, yes, but I think if they keep this formula, the next MK game will be much better, much more solid.

If a new team were to make MK, as long as they were concious of what MK is, what it means to its fans, I'd be ok with it. But Capcom? Hell NO! I don't want MK like SF. I don't want to have to buy MK10 then Super MK10 and then Ultimate MK10.

Other Ocean, Avalanche Software and Digital Extremes come to mind and we see what happened there. Its best to leave MK to NRS and since its been many years since their last 2d fighting game I think they did a great job.

Someone else make MK?

*snip*

Where to begin?

First of all, Capcom was mentioned because they know how to make a fighting game.
Nopony said that they would change the MK formula, but they most likely would iron out all (or most of) of the kinks.

And you have no idea how long I've been playing MK.
Just because I don't suck from the golden Boon dick like you doesn't mean I don't love MK.
They have had YEARS to make a decent fighting game.
The last one that had bearable gameplay was DC and before that it was 4, imo.
Thats a fat ass gap of mediocrity.
Nobody cares if lightning hits in the same place twice, if it hits over a decade later :roll:

Remember this gem?
"Its out goal to make MK9 the golden standard of online gaming."
:laugh:

And show some respect?
I've been doing nothing but praising this game since day one.
But I've grown more and more tired of it.

Maybe I was a bit pissed when I made this thread.
Maybe I have over exaggerated the flaws.
Because this is a great game.

But I'm not 100% sure NRS is up to the task of making it any better.

I'm interested in reading, what do you perceive as flaws in this game?

Keep reading the first post sunshine.

I hate people that say Capcom should take over MK. Its two different fighting games, fighting engines, it wouldn't work. I wouldnt trust Namco to make MK either, NRS should stay with MK ONLY if they take it seriously and try to improve on their mistakes. As long as they do that, im fine. And lol at the whole animations argument, I play fighters for gameplay, not eye candy. If you want eye candy, go back to street fighter.

MK doesn't even have its own identity when it comes to gameplay.

MK1, MKII

MK3, UMK3 MK4

MKDA, MKD

MKA

MKvsDC

MK9

Thats how often they change the way their games play.

MK doesn't even have its own identity when it comes to gameplay.

MK1, MKII

MK3, UMK3 MK4

MKDA, MKD

MKA

MKvsDC

MK9

Thats how often they change the way their games play.

not true MK had its own identity but once Boon jumped on the 3d bandwagon it changed into tekken style clone with gore killing the franchise IMO Im glad they went back to their roots. It may be far from perfect but if anything mk9 proves that they listen to the fans

No NRS did a good job and unless they team up with a good company like sony companys (Santa monica, sucker punch)

Should NRS demolish its current online setup, get rid of its online host provider, and hire a programmer that specializes in AI? Sure.

Aside from that there's a company that creates balanced, spam/button-mashing free fighting games that possess minimal glitches they promptly fix when reported? So when are NRS, Capcom, Namco, and the rest's sorry butts going to be drug into a class room so they can take some serious notes from this wonderful new company?

Your looking from something that doesn't exist. Aside from that all that this is is a debate over which company's play mechanics/philosophy you prefer.

as long as in mk10 the characters arent "tier" based, there all just as good as everyone else. ill be happy with nrs making the game. but i want to be just as able to win if im sindel, or sheeva as i would if i was noob or kung lao.

also they need to make the story longer. theres not many games that i can beat in just 6 hours.

and the ladder mode needs improvement. make every character the same difficulty on the ladder, not easy on the bottom and harder as you go up. theres a difficulty option before you start the ladder for a reason. and add the E fight to the ladder.

and more content like ladder and challenge tower are good, but we need more. they need to stop taking out stuff just because xbox players dont want to have a 2 disc game.

Where to begin?

First of all, Capcom was mentioned because they know how to make a fighting game.
Nopony said that they would change the MK formula, but they most likely would iron out all (or most of) of the kinks.

And you have no idea how long I've been playing MK.
Just because I don't suck from the golden Boon dick like you doesn't mean I don't love MK.
They have had YEARS to make a decent fighting game.
The last one that had bearable gameplay was DC and before that it was 4, imo.
Thats a fat ass gap of mediocrity.
Nobody cares if lightning hits in the same place twice, if it hits over a decade later :roll:

Remember this gem?
"Its out goal to make MK9 the golden standard of online gaming."
:laugh:

And show some respect?
I've been doing nothing but praising this game since day one.
But I've grown more and more tired of it.

Maybe I was a bit pissed when I made this thread.
Maybe I have over exaggerated the flaws.
Because this is a great game.

But I'm not 100% sure NRS is up to the task of making it any better.

I don't "drink from any developers ****" sir but points for creativity. And NRS hasn't had a decade. This is a relatively new team yes there are OG MK members on this team but a lot of the team members weren't working on MK during the 3d era and it took only a handful to make the originals. Capcom has been making online fighting games for awhile now. Nrs are cutting their teeth on this game and I'm not saying its perfect either I'm just saying there is enough here to get past the flaws. And again there isn't a game on the market without bugs and glitches. NRS had some very noticeable ones yes but have put forth effort to try to fix them. The next game they will most likely have a team dedicated to designing online seperate from the main design team. And again you can't compare capcom to nrs. Capcoms street fighter team is probably 5 times as big as the team of developers NRS has. When you have that much man power you can have people testing constantly and catching bugs and have another team dedicated to fixing them. People think its laziness and talk shit but if they think its so easy and know so much about designing games then why the **** aren't they doing it for a living instead of *****ing on a ****ing message board?
Its getting ****ing old dude. That's my point be happy this game doesn't ****ing suck like every other MK game in the past decade.

If a new team takes over then we are going to have same problems all over again, with NRS staying they will be more experienced and we will not have problems we had on MK9 on MK10.

there have been so many empty promise's,let downs and mistake's made by NRS that its almost unforgivable.
i feel that they have just been really lazy with a few things..

knowing true fans will buy it regardless, they cut a few corner's.. while talking it up.

mk10 will be their chance to redeem respect and trust.

that said, the story (which received the most acclaim for mk9) MIGHT be the downfall of this series, once again. mk10 will not be mk4 (completely) it will be a new story with SOME mk4 characters, and this will only kinda work. now, i'm sure it might be an entertaining story, but they are gonna be in a big hole after mk10, because all the 3d mk game story stuff is un-usable. that's why i laugh every time i read 3d mk fans talk about jumping into the deadly alliance, or armageddon story stuff. lol. it's not gonna happen. they're not gonna do moloch, or the dragon king or whatever those stories were. they're gonna make up some more convoluted bullsh--t. the ultimate problem? mk was a complete trilogy after mk3.

Im sorry sir, but you are terribly mistaken. If there is anything that sets MK apart from other fighting games it the fatalities and the story. I am pretty sure they will use the altered versions of the stories from MK4 to MKA. Although those games lacked from a gameplay point of view, they were arguably the best in the series as far as the story was concerned. It would be really ignorant to say that they won't be using them and rebuilding post umk3 characters.

Im sorry sir, but you are terribly mistaken. If there is anything that sets MK apart from other fighting games it the fatalities and the story. I am pretty sure they will use the altered versions of the stories from MK4 to MKA. Although those games lacked from a gameplay point of view, they were arguably the best in the series as far as the story was concerned. It would be really ignorant to say that they won't be using them and rebuilding post umk3 characters.

"mk4to mka:argueably the best in the series as far as the story was concerned..."

????

????

are you serious dude!!!!
that is definately arguable lol!

i didnt mind the games but the story-line sucked donkey balls.
that whole dragon king story is whack..

i honestly doubt they'll reuse these stories,
they'll most likely rehash them.

lol
I'm sorry, I treated that as an introduction; your additions to page 2 finished the answer.
No NRS did a good job and unless they team up with a good company like sony companys (Santa monica, sucker punch)
If NRS sought for help, a Company experienced on Fighting Games would be their goal...