Should MK10 be done by another team?

BBBLP

Robot Rock
Lets face it, NRS sucks ass at making a solid fighting game.

My question is, do you think they will learn from their mistakes on MK9?
Will they fail all over again?
Or should we not take that chance and hand it over to a more competent team?

I'm not trying to bash MK9 or NRS, but the flaws are just too much imo.
Uber unbalanced roster, no frame data to show, poor design choices (armor on x-rays, zoning characters like Sindel & Noob) and more gameplay glitches than a Bethesda game.

So if another team does do MK10, who do you think that team should be and who (if anypony) from NRS should help them?

I'm not sure about the team, but Goskie, Vogel and Beran definitely need to be on it.
NRS should work on KI3. A game that focuses less on tournament play.

Now I am no Negative Nelly, I know the good outweighs the bad. But unfortunately, most of that "good" in MK9 is mere nostalgia. Lightning wont strike twice for NRS if they can't get their shit together.

Help from capcom would be nice, see what they did with the SF series imagine what they can do to improve MK :)

Just because some flaws doesn't mean the game should just be shipped off to another company. NetherRealm knows how to make a great game, and they proved that with Mortal Kombat. Boon/Tobias have been the backbone of MK from the start, and just because some characters can spam easier than others doesn't mean they should lose their job.

And when has changing companies helped any game/movie/anything be better. Still remember when Naughty Dog stopped making Crash Bandicoot...sad days...

just fire everypony in nrs who dropped the ball in the design and hire new people with sexy bachelors degrees

Help from Capcom? So your telling me you want a Turbo Mortal Kombat huh?

I think NRS did a great job. It had a lot of content and fun stuff to do. Bascically MK had a lot of meat on it. Of course the online sucked ass but that shouldn't prevent you to have fun with your friends around the corner.

Listen NRS is learning they'll only get better with time so give them some. if mk gets picked up by another studio thats bad. nrs is try hard as hell some of tyhem work on patches without getting paid they wont thins game to be balanced

they listen to the fans

Two words. HELL YES! Ever since MK took the super express down the anal pipe of suck-dom (post UMK3), I hoped and prayed that another more talented and caring team would take the reigns and resurrect the series. At the very least, I'm quite over Mr. Boon and his antics, tired ideas, and inability to see past his previous efforts. MK9 is a great turn about for the series, but it still has remnants of the old style that I can't stand. Uncreative finishers, wasted space of Babalities, some very crappy animations (i.e. Scorpion's "I'm gonna fly a kite... derpa" throw, Mileena's very badly animated throw, Rain's Water Hose, the tired and ignorant animation of characters 'thinking' with their hand on their chin before finishing an opponent. I could compile a huge list of "wow that is so 1998" animations, but I'll refrain. I feel very strongly that a new team with a younger, more creative director, would propel Mortal Kombat above and beyond all previous fighting games period.

Lets face it, NRS sucks ass at making a solid fighting game.

My question is, do you think they will learn from their mistakes on MK9?
Will they fail all over again?
Or should we not take that chance and hand it over to a more competent team?

I'm not trying to bash MK9 or NRS, but the flaws are just too much imo.
Uber unbalanced roster, no frame data to show, poor design choices (armor on x-rays, zoning characters like Sindel & Noob) and more gameplay glitches than a Bethesda game.

So if another team does do MK10, who do you think that team should be and who (if anypony) from NRS should help them?

I'm not sure about the team, but Goskie, Vogel and Beran definitely need to be on it.
NRS should work on KI3. A game that focuses less on tournament play.

Now I am no Negative Nelly, I know the good outweighs the bad. But unfortunately, most of that "good" in MK9 is mere nostalgia. Lightning wont strike twice for NRS if they can't get their shit together.

can someone confirm what i'm saying?

I heard/read somewhere that the reason they cannot release frame data for things, is because some moves ect. depending on when you let go of block you will have more/less frame advantage so having the knowledge of how fast your move is will be made half useless if the block stun is inconsistent based upon the defender dropping guard at a certain time.

basically a flaw in the design of the game, makes the use of frame data not as easy to read.

Like I said I remember reading/hearing about this a couple times from somewhere. wish I could know the source.

That's why i'm asking for confirmation. (Take this with a grain of salt until I find where I read/heard this)

Having MK developed by another team is like Chevy developing the next Mustang. Mustangs belong with Ford and MK belongs with NRS!!!

I think they will improve. Like making graphics on story much better. Making more khallenge tower missions more kreative. Making WAY better Fatalities, and Brutalities.

And most of all, balanced players from the start(beta) and better online play.

LOL! I thought about it after i posted that... Every MK Character would be the next Yun and Rufus if capcom gets there hands on MK.

If Capcom gets their hands on MK? Capcom never wanted, never will want to have anything to do with MK due to it's high shock value/gore and the fact that it relies more on shit elements like babalities instead of actual gameplay, Capcom may be cash whores but they make damn good fighting games.

Listen NRS is learning they'll only get better with time so give them some. if mk gets picked up by another studio thats bad. nrs is try hard as hell some of tyhem work on patches without getting paid they wont thins game to be balanced

they listen to the fans

Learning ? it's the 9th game they're making and it still has the same goddamn flaws that plagued the series from game one.

Two words. HELL YES! Ever since MK took the super express down the anal pipe of suck-dom (post UMK3), I hoped and prayed that another more talented and caring team would take the reigns and resurrect the series. At the very least, I'm quite over Mr. Boon and his antics, tired ideas, and inability to see past his previous efforts. MK9 is a great turn about for the series, but it still has remnants of the old style that I can't stand. Uncreative finishers, wasted space of Babalities, some very crappy animations (i.e. Scorpion's "I'm gonna fly a kite... derpa" throw, Mileena's very badly animated throw, Rain's Water Hose, the tired and ignorant animation of characters 'thinking' with their hand on their chin before finishing an opponent. I could compile a huge list of "wow that is so 1998" animations, but I'll refrain. I feel very strongly that a new team with a younger, more creative director, would propel Mortal Kombat above and beyond all previous fighting games period.

This, everything this guy said is pretty much true.Also mocap is a pos, if they wanna go forward they should really ditch that horrible thing.

I must not be picky or something. Because I don't see any problem with the animation :\

Then again I played Super smash brothers Melee competitively for years so maybe that has an affect. I remember one of my street fighter friends commenting saying the way they move in the game is retarded and doesn't look right.

I must not be picky or something. Because I don't see any problem with the animation :\

Then again I played Super smash brothers Melee competitively for years so maybe that has an affect. I remember one of my street fighter friends commenting saying the way they move in the game is retarded and doesn't look right.

To me it doesn't matter. a great game is made by Game play not visuals and eye candy. i.e Look at CS 1.6 the game is still alive and has a active competitive leagues and this game was made in Like 1998 i think, And i still play it mainly for scrims because pubs are boring =/

This is a damn good fighting game for NRS, especially for its first game ever! Have your own opinion and I'll have mine, but this is a really good game and I hope NRS learn from its miniscule mistakes. If you expected a slam dunk for this game and don't think it is one, you basically have too high of standards for a debut development company. Seriously everyone makes mistakes, on their first time, nonetheless, and I hope NRS sticks with MK10 and really listens to the fans on this one.