Human Sub-Zero in MK10. How would you handle his return?

How should a human Sub-Zero be added to MK10?

• Total voters

Obreck

Well most likely a human form of Sub-Zero will appear in MK10. A lot of Sub-Zero's dedicated fanbase would prefer a human version, and the causal masses will expect a familiar incarnation on both Scorpion and Sub-Zero to be present in the game.

So (and I admit I'm in a weird mood), if it was up to you how would you handle writing in a human Sub-Zero for MK10? In depth descriptions of each of the poll choices listed below:

DISCLAIMER: MAY CONTAIN MK9 SPOILERS AND/OR CONTRIVED WRITING CONCEPTS

Cyber Sub-Zero is resurrected as fully human: Kuai Liang resurrects freed from being a cyborg. Or otherwise frees himself.

Noob gets a split personallity or is redeemed: Noob Saibot's exposure to the soulnado Nightwolf kicked him into caused one of 3 scenarios:

A: He gets stuck with an internal conflict that causes him to shift between Noob and Bi Han at random storywise (Player select allows players to choose which form they want to use, or even a "2-1" type player).

B: He literally is split into 2 separate beings: one being his evil side (Noob) and the other being his good/neutral side (Bi Han).

C: Bi Han is fully purified back to his mortal form (Elder Sub-Zero).

Oldtime Sub-Zero "crosses over" into the new one: One of the 2 Sub-Zeros from the original timeline ends up being pulled into the new timeline.

A new human Sub-Zero is introduced: Someone besides Bi Han and Kuai Liang ends up taking up the mantle of Sub-Zero, or at least the "human" moveset.

No human Sub-Zero in MK10 and sequels: Human Sub-Zero becomes a relic of noncannon cameos and/or Kreate-a-Character scrap material. Story wise in the new timeline, he is only a memory.

Other: Some unlisted idea you have. Be sure to suggest it in your post.

Last edited:
I think Noob having a split personality would be pretty cool. I imagine it (multiplayer wise) as Smoke N Noob. A command changes the personality and skills. Though I think a New human Sub-Zero would be cool.

I would like it if Sub Zero in whatever incarnation is absent from the MK10 story but returns in the later games in his human form.(but still a playable character in the game). Although the idea of Noob splitting into two beings sound cool, I would like him to stay as he is and maintain his individuality.

I guess personally I'd pick the "Noob split identity" setup. Simply because I have morbid curiosity on how Bi Han would react to the current MK world. Either the A or B scenario, depending on which NRS could in theory make better writing for.

I'm betting they will try Cyber Sub out for awhile and then go back to human Sub.
I see Noob Saibot being the same.

I like the idea of Noob being split into two separate beings. That way we can have human SZ, cyber SZ (who could go back to being called Tundra), and Noob all at the same time.

WHAT I HOPE THAT WILL HAPPEN:

When Nightwolf kicked Noob Saibot into the Soulnado, his soul got divided between good and evil.
This could make Bi-Han resurrect as human Sub-Zero, leaving Noob Saibot with the evil wraith spirit that Quan Chi put in him, when he turned him into Noob Saibot.

It could make Noob Saibot completely evil and seek to take over the NetherRealm, overthrowing Shinnok.

Being released from the grasp of the evil wraith (much like when Spiderman separated from the symbiote suit), Bi-Han realizes his faults and decides to join the EarthRealm warriors.

BOO!@Araknyd I posted this idea in the 4th DLC character thread months ago.
The only difference between your idea and mine is this.
Noob is essentially Bi Han.
Saibot is a symbiote connected to him.
So whenever they are seperated Noob is ressurected as Bi Han the human sub-zero.
And saibot fuses with souls in the soulnado and becomes sentient no longer requiring a host body to exist.
Bi Han was never really "good" so to speak he wasn't evil either. His character had no mercy or compassion and IMO if he hadn't died he most likely would have willingly followed the grandmaster in the cyber initiative. So I see him as a wild card much like Scorpion as to where his loyalties will lie. Kuai Lang will also return in MK10. I believe he will search out the cybernetics expert that helped Kano to attempt to reverse the cybernetic process. Of course he will end up being more of a hybrid only being able to restore certain aspects of his human form but still having certain parts of his physiology irreversibly changed by the cyber transformation.
EDIT:
I talked about the idea of a new sub-zero being introduced on page 197 of the 4th DLC character discussion thread.
And on page 199 of the same thread I posted my idea for splitting Noob and Saibot into 2 characters.
I posted this on august 3rd. Just sayin, I had the same kind of idea months ago.
Another possibility since smoke died is that they'll bring back Noob/Smoke and have Saibot be his own stand alone character.

Last edited:
Here is my farfetched theory:

The brothers' father hears about the death of his long lost sons.
He becomes hellbent on the murder of Quan Chi, Scorpion & the Lin Kuei, who's grand master just so happens to be Sektor.
Since their father is a full cyromancer, his powers over ice would be greater than that of Kuai and Bi.
One handed ice balls, ice fists (greater damage), teleports etc.

For his look, I was thinking something along the lines of Gouken:

Gouken1.jpg

I think they might make it, when Noob gets kicked into the Soulnado, Bi-Han splits up from Noob Saibot. That way we could have Human Sub-Zero (Bi-Han), Noob Saibot, and Cyber Sub-Zero (Kuai Liang).

Keep Cyber-Sub and let Frost be the new human Sub Zero.

Kuai Liang can return in his human form in a future DLC, but unrelated to the story.

1. Kuai Liang is getting freed from the netherrealm in the early part of the game and becomes a Human again in one of the last 2 story parts of the MK 10 storyline. In MK 10 Frost is getting introcued while fighting Tremor (or some other Black Dragon member(s)), Kuai Liang helps her and opponent(s) escapes, the Ice Warriors are joining the Earthrealm warriors, they want to find Bi-Han.

2. Bi-Han keeps his Gimmick and becomes even more ruthless and kills an earthrealm warrior in the next tournament. In the final moments of MK 10 he breaks with the Netherrealm and joins forces with his former enemy Scorpion, both fighters find out that Quan Chi abused their souls for Shinnok and himself. What will their plan be? Just Revenge? Taking over the Netherrealm? Become humans again?

He becomes hellbent on the murder of Quan Chi, Scorpion & the Lin Kuei, who's grand master just so happens to be Sektor.
Since their father is a full cyromancer, his powers over ice would be greater than that of Kuai and Bi.

Gouken1.jpg

I have never thought of that.
It is the most badass idea ever, not exaggerating.
Some one please pitch this to NRS.
Please.

I'm thinking the most logical way would be to have Kuai return as a human upon being ressurected, but would'nt mind Bi Han returning after being seperated from Noob in the soulnado, that'd make a lot of sense as well, I really dont care how the do it, with all due respect to Cyber Sub fans, I can't stand him, as long as human Sub Zero returns, I'll be happy!

Gouken1.jpg
That'd be absolutely badass! But didn't the Lin Kuei kill their parents?

i like the split noob and subzero simultaneous idea. like saibot isn't actually bi-han but because they were merged for so long bi-han's soul left an imprint on the symbiotic saibot. suffering from separation anxiety saibot seeks to reclaim subzero's body for his own tiring of the subservient role he was forced into playing. being an entity of pure evil and malevolence he would acquire great strength from devouring bi-han's dark soul and mastery of the elemental powers he possessed in life. with the knowledge that subzero had thwarted quanchi in the past he would seek to reiterate that victory and absorb quanchi's power to acquire the control of the nether realm

I don't get it why people think Noob Saibot is actually 2 different entities... I mean, yes, in his noncannon MKA ending, Noob Saibot encounters a shadow of his past (his ending heavily implies that it is just a memory) inside the pyramid. Noob Saibot is Bi-han with black clothes, shadow powers and loyalty to Quan Chi, not a demon living inside the original Sub-zero's body; as Scorpion is Hanzo Hasashi with spectral powers and blind rage (and loyalty to Quan Chi, at first). Also, I can't see Noob's shadow "clone" as a separated character, it is like he is an "extension" (like a limb or something) of Noob Saibot, hence, it is himself. Therefore, the distincion of "Noob" and "Saibot" being actually 2 beings with the exact same motivations is erroneous to me.

With that being said, I really don't like the theory of Noob being splitted. I could understand it perfectly if Noob redeemed himself and became Bi-Han once again. He was always Bi-han, not some demon fused with him, as Scorpion was always Hanzo, not a demon fused with him.

With that being said, the best possible scenario for me: Raiden and Earthrealm warriors free Sub-zero's Soul from the netherrealm. Since he is now a soul, it would make more sense if he recovered a human body.