Human Sub-Zero in MK10. How would you handle his return?

How should a human Sub-Zero be added to MK10?

• Total voters
You know though, there is one thing I love about Cyber Subz. It shows how little connection NRS has to their characters anymore. They literally will just throw shit on the wall and see if it sticks. If not they will just backtrack and most of the time it's in a horrible way (Zombie Kang anyone?). They knew cyber subz would probably not be a popular character and as evidenced, he's not. Who is played more? Human Subz. Who are we asking to have back? Human Subz. It's funny though. They've done everything in the book to try and make us like Cyber Subz more. They made Subz cookie cutter good guy in the Cyber Subz chapter compared to his regular chapter, rescuing the guys in the service, please.You can't tell me they weren't trying to guilt us into liking him at that point. They also gave him epic lines. Who can forget, "My soul has been corrupted, now it is cleansed."? They also made Cyber Subz faster. Which is what Sub-Zero fans have been asking for for a while. Who is still more used though, Human Sub-Zero. Which just goes to show, this ain't Sub-Zero. Bad idea NRS.

That's the reason that I want all 3 in MK10.
Noob Saibot, Sub-Zero and Cyber Sub-Zero.

Cyber Sub-Zero not being in MK10 would also weaken MK's credibility as far as character potential goes, and on top of that people would b***h and complain.
If NRS just completely took Cyber Sub-Zero out and not put him in MK10, then people would be like:
"Why the f**k did you create him in the first place, if you were never going to use him again?"
And you know what, I'd agree with them.

As much as I want HUMAN Sub-Zero back, you can't just ignore Cyber Sub-Zero either.
He's become the proverbial pink elephant in the room, which must be addressed at some point in time.

That's the reason that I want all 3 in MK10.
Noob Saibot, Sub-Zero and Cyber Sub-Zero.

Cyber Sub-Zero not being in MK10 would also weaken MK's credibility as far as character potential goes, and on top of that people would b***h and complain.
If NRS just completely took Cyber Sub-Zero out and not put him in MK10, then people would be like:
"Why the f**k did you create him in the first place, if you were never going to use him again?"
And you know what, I'd agree with them.

As much as I want HUMAN Sub-Zero back, you can't just ignore Cyber Sub-Zero either.
He's become the proverbial pink elephant in the room, which must be addressed at some point in time.

That's why you start off the story with him being Cyber Subz, and you end it with him being Human Subz. Problem solved.

Or you say Cyber Subz is a clone. It doesn't really matter how they do it.

That many people are not going to ***** and complain. I don't know where you get that from. Even some of his fans recognize that he isn't well received. I've seen so many people say they are okay with cyber subz but if human subz ain't back they will be pissed. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Cyber Subz has got to go. You realize that out of all of the characters who had chapters, even stryker, that cyber subz is the least played right? He's really not as big of a deal as I feel you are making him out to be. A lot of people knew that how he was received would depend on his future. He's not well received, so f**k his future.lol. That's just my two cents though.

He wasn't needed in the first place when they already have a smaller speedier cryomancer, Frost, who could easily fill the category. Just sayin. I'm also still saying If Bi-han becomes Subz again then that ruins Noob and we then come out with three ice wielding characters. One of which, Kuai Liang, wouldn't be original enough to ever see him in another game. Think about it. You would have the defensive slower subz in Human Subz (Bi-Han). Frost is obviously smaller and will probably take up the faster Ice character. So where does that leave Kuai Liang(Cyber Subz)? That leaves him with shit. Coincidentally that's what his character is anyway. His moves are copy pasted from other characters, his ending doesn't even have audio, and he looks more like predator than any of the other cyborgs. Leaving him out is not going to be a big deal, especially when they introduce a ton of characters from MK4-MKA plus probably some new characters. Cyber Subz will be long forgotten, and I for one won't hate on NRS for it.

Also if you want to talk about complaining, imagine them putting Cyber Subz, Sub-Zero, and Frost all in one game. There will be the complaining. It just makes more sense to ressurect Sub-Zero as human.

1. It doesn't get rid of two popular characters (Noob Saibot and Sub-Zero)
2. It DOES get rid of one not so well received character (Cyber Subz)
3. It makes room for Frost to come in and take the speedy cryomancer role.
4. It allows us to just have two cryomancer's instead of 3 running around.
5. It doesn't ruin another character (noob saibot) by ripping everything away from him and consequently turning him into the black reptile or baraka #2.

Last edited:
Black reptile, lol.

Now what? How exactly does a cyborg turn back into a human, anyway? Like, original timeline Cyrax-style? I can take that.

I agree that Kuai Liang got crapped on the new timeline, but NRS can still redeem him, though. I mean, if Cyber Sub was able to beat freakin' GORO AND KINTARO at once, there's no reason why they can't make him more badass in the new timeline.

Black reptile, lol.

Now what? How exactly does a cyborg turn back into a human, anyway? Like, original timeline Cyrax-style? I can take that.

I agree that Kuai Liang got crapped on the new timeline, but NRS can still redeem him, though. I mean, if Cyber Sub was able to beat freakin' GORO AND KINTARO at once, there's no reason why they can't make him more badass in the new timeline.

No, not like Cyrax DA. He is a soul for christ's sake. A soul. He appeared in that cyber form because it was his last form. However, those bodies can't be ressurected because they are soul's.

Their old bodies are useless now because Sindel whooped the piss out of them.lol. Their bodies are not useable, they can't sustain life.

So what would be the logical response to this? Ressurect everyone to their natural human states. A natural human body. No machine parts, none of that. Thus, Kuai Liang is now human again. It's simple as that.

Another easy route is Sareena realizes that Kuai Liang is the younger brother of Bi-Han, so she then sneaks him to Quan's purification chamber. The chamber restores his humanity and brings him back to life. Once pure Sub-Zero knows of Quan's plans having been a slave under Quan's control. He asks Sareena to get him to a portal. She then takes him to one, and tells him he must go alone because she cannot leave the netherrealm. He promises to come back for her, and then leaves to warn the others of the incoming war that Shinnok plans to wage on the heavens. These would have to be the first two chapters as well because it would prepare Raiden, Sonya, and Johnny Cage.

Quan Chi then finds out of Sareena's betrayal and enslaves her. He then informs Scorpion that it was this Sub-Zero who murdered his family. Leading Scorpion to go after Kuai Liang. Scorpion defeats Sub-Zero this time around. He then tells Sub-Zero that he will die for murdering his family. Sub-Zero then stops him and informs him that he did not murder Scorpion's family. Scorpion and Sub-Zero talk and Scorpion realizes that Quan Chi has been lying to him. So they both team up and go to Raiden to inform him of Quan Chi's incoming attack.

Statements like these are EXACTLY why I'm glad none of us are in charge of MK

Okay you want to turn Noob Saibot into venom from Spiderman. So don't be hatin.lol.

I'm not saying they should forget about him completely, but erasing him to have HUMAN subz back is clearly preferred over most of the fanbase. That's just the point I'm getting across.

There are other characters who aren't well received, but they aren't HATED either. Like Hotaru or Ashrah. They aren't neccessarily well received, but with the right amount of attention they can be rescued.

NRS has a huge uphill battle trying to get us to like Cyber Sub-Zero over Human Sub-Zero though. Why waste time trying to get us to like him either, when you have an easy out to just bring him back to life in human form? Why waste time on a character who wasn't really wanted in the first place when you could put your efforts into characters like Li Mei, Havik, Mavado, Bo Rai Cho, and Fujin? They need the attention in this upcoming game, not cyber sub-zero. I'm just stating facts, he isn't liked so bring him back in this next game and then say goodbye to him. He's not liked well enough to waste time on him.

Also I disagree with your statement. NRS clearly doesn't know their characters anymore and that's why we are in this predicament in the first place. This is EXACTLY why they SHOULD listen to their fans. Maybe we shouldn't be in complete charge, but we should damn well be able to give a say so. It's our money after all and they want us to spend it on their game. So if we voice our displeasure with Cyber Subz then take his ass out. Plain. Simple.

Use the multi-quote button, please.

~Thanks =)

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Now THAT makes sense lol Subz I thought you were just saying Cyber Sub shouldn't come back just because he isn't well-received

^ Now THAT makes sense lol Subz I thought you were just saying Cyber Sub shouldn't come back just because he isn't well-received

Yeah I should have explained it better the first time.

Like Hotaru and even Li Mei. I really like those characters. However, I know that they don't rank the highest as far as popularity goes. I feel that with a little work though they can be revived and can become well liked characters.

Cyber Subz is in a different boat though. He encroaches on the territory of both Noob Saibot and Sub-Zero. If they make Bi-Han Sub-Zero again that means that there are 3 characters wielding ice, when people already complain about there being two. It also weakens Noob as a character and we don't need any characters being weak. We have enough of those (ex. Reptile, Sheeva, Baraka, etc...). Noob Saibot as Bi Han has a strong background and strong connection to other characters. So Bi Han should stay Noob Saibot. Noob's a popular character and we don't need him going away for Cyber Subz, especially when Noob is more popular than Cyber Subz.

Sub-Zero is an Icon. Plain and Simple. When you think of Video game characters he is one of those that pops in your head automatically. Does he pop in your head as a cyborg though? Kuai Liang has also took the story of Sub-Zero and ran with it. Granted it got changed, but that's the thing. No one asked for that change. We wanted bad things to change. Like characters dying and coming back all of the time. Like certain characters looking like crap(sorry reptile I'm looking at you again). We didn't want the good things to change, and I think it can be argued that if their was one thing that didn't need changed from the old timeline, it was sub-zero's story. He was fine as is. Cyber Subz is now encroaching on his territory though and fans don't like it. It's that simple. They don't like it and if he takes Human Subz place in the next game, then they will be outraged even further.

So there ya go, He can't take either of those guys positions because they are way more popular than him. Mix that with the fact that he isn't being well received, and the fact that we are talking about HOW TO GET HUMAN SUBZ BACK should prove that he wasn't needed in the first place. He's not really wanted and when you have to pay attention to so many other characters in the next game, why waste time trying to get people to like a character that was bound to fail in the first place? It just makes more sense to cut their losses, put cyber subz in the next game and have him transformed into human through the story. Then just say goodbye to the character forever.

Boon's already made a list of characters not to return:
Chameleon
Hsu Hao
Drahmin
Mokap

I'm going to say that after this he should just cut his losses and throw cyber subz onto that list.

It's a shame. I could have liked a blue cyborg, but the fact that they did it in this way just makes me hate the idea. Just goes to show they could have went about this situation a whole lot better. Hydro would have been a great third cyborg. Guess we'll never know now.

Bring back all versions of Sub-Zero: Human-unmasked, ninjafied, and Noob Saibot. Just make each one have slighty different modified move sets so as to give purpose to the three variants of the character. Introduce Human Scorpion-Hanzo Hasashi and the ninjafied specter version as always.

Another thing, and make the female characters weaker minus Sheeva. Having female characters just as powerful and strong as the male characters just makes the game a bit to unrealistic and retarded, just abide by the laws of nature and reality a bit more.

Please use the edit button, you have been asked before.

~Thanks =)

noob fights to regain his humanity. csz completely loses himself and becomes nothing more than an android of death.

Another good way to integrate the scar is this.

Once he is revived to human form by Sareena he draws an ice sword and scars himself down his right eye. The reason? To remain a constant reminder of what Sektor did to him, and a reminder of why he will find and kill Sektor and destroy the Lin Kuei.

I just want Scorpion to stop being Quan Chi's errand boy, and kick his ass. However, I don't want him to be a big hero, just an independent character. Anti-hero perhaps

I think either as free dlc, or alternate costume for cyber sub

noob fights to regain his humanity. csz completely loses himself and becomes nothing more than an android of death.

The problem with that is the sub zero pre noob was already evil, while the younger subzero now cyber was inheritly good. so I cant see noob changing himself and cyber being evil and, I think noob got killed by nightwolf, cause if you play campaign, quan has all the characters as zombies beside noob and shang tsung, both of them are not in zombie form. So they may not even return, I emphizize may not because this is just a small hunch of mine. Time for me to shut up now.

Please use the edit button, thanks =)

The problem with that is the sub zero pre noob was already evil, while the younger subzero now cyber was inheritly good. so I cant see noob changing himself and cyber being evil and, I think noob got killed by nightwolf, cause if you play campaign, quan has all the characters as zombies beside noob and shang tsung, both of them are not in zombie form. So they may not even return, I emphizize may not because this is just a small hunch of mine. Time for me to shut up now.

Nah Noob will be back. You can be sure of that.

He's actually one of the few that I don't fear for.

A lot of people died in this game

Sub-Zero, Kitana, Jade, Stryker, Kabal, Kung Lao, Jax, Sindel, Nightwolf, Shang Tsung, Noob Saibot, Kano(frozen), Liu Kang. Some people say even Cyrax and Sektor may have died in the fight against the heroes. Why in the hell did they kill so many people? I mean that's over half the cast. You know some of them are coming back people.

My guess is Sub-Zero is probably at the top of the list too. I'm still saying Sareena is going to free him and take him to Quan's purfication chamber. Thus bringing back human sub-zero, and at that point he will reveal Quan and Shinnok's plans to the other heroes. Like the spy that he is.lol.

Or he could magically fuse with another character, like let's say Scorpion.

I wondered this because of that one ending which insinuated a new Deadly Alliance of Scorpion and Sub-Zero, and since it's an alternate timeline in which anything could happen, why not make a fusion character?

No, I don't mean like Chameleon. Just a fusion of Sub-Zero and Scorpion. You'd get all the opposites in one: yin and yang, hot and cold, rage and cunning.

As for human Sub-Zero coming back, I'd say scrap the cyber. I just don't see it working out for him in future projects. It was a creative idea at the time, but the cyborg thing was pretty good when it was unique to people like Cyrax and Sektor.

Why in the hell did they kill so many people? I mean that's over half the cast. You know some of them are coming back people.

My guess is Sub-Zero is probably at the top of the list too. I'm still saying Sareena is going to free him and take him to Quan's purfication chamber. Thus bringing back human sub-zero, and at that point he will reveal Quan and Shinnok's plans to the other heroes. Like the spy that he is.lol.

Maybe the fallen heroes will be used by Shinnok against Raiden's remaining/possibly new forces, then somehow they'll be revived to their former living states. But then again, that alone is a difficult challange, if you also include the collateral damage Raiden, Sonya and Johnny have to clean up.

Please use the edit button.

~Thanks =)

Or he could magically fuse with another character, like let's say Scorpion.

I wondered this because of that one ending which insinuated a new Deadly Alliance of Scorpion and Sub-Zero, and since it's an alternate timeline in which anything could happen, why not make a fusion character?

No, I don't mean like Chameleon. Just a fusion of Sub-Zero and Scorpion. You'd get all the opposites in one: yin and yang, hot and cold, rage and cunning.

As for human Sub-Zero coming back, I'd say scrap the cyber. I just don't see it working out for him in future projects. It was a creative idea at the time, but the cyborg thing was pretty good when it was unique to people like Cyrax and Sektor.

Maybe the fallen heroes will be used by Shinnok against Raiden's remaining/possibly new forces, then somehow they'll be revived to their former living states. But then again, that alone is a difficult challange, if you also include the collateral damage Raiden, Sonya and Johnny have to clean up.

Please use the edit button.

~Thanks =)

I don't know. I know everyone keeps saying there is going to be a war between the heroes that Quan Chis has in control and earthrealm/outworld, but in my personal opinion that just does not interest me at all. I've seen plenty of storylines where the good guys get turned bad and now the other good guys have to fight their friends. It happens all the time. Hell look at "The Walking Dead". It's not as big of a scale but when their friends get turned into zombies and they have to put them down, that's basically what this storyline is going to be. I guess I'll just say this if they are planning on going that route. I've seen it already.

I would much rather they just bring back the good guys or something, which is inevitable, and give them a worthy opponent. Shinnok in demon form, or Onaga would be worthy if done right.

Hell have Raiden turn evil and have Fujin get the warriors souls back. I just have seen the whole premise of what I feel MKX is leading too. I just don't feel that MK has got a good start in their whole 'reboot'. If they wanted to do a reboot scenario they should have went forward into the future a few thousand years and just done it that way.

Scorpion, Raiden, Kitana, Noob could all return because they are immortal. Throw in the ancestors of Kuai Liang, have Reptile's family have been somewhat revived. It would be just as good as killing the whole damn cast this time around.

I'm just saying, if they were just going to kill the heroes like this then why not just go through with Armageddon and carry on after that. How they carried out the story this time just makes zero sense to me. If they were going to kill off a large portion of the cast they had the opportunity with Armageddon. Why did they need to wait 4 more years to make a game that accomplishes the same thing that Armageddon could have?

Well, because the bad guy won in the original timeline?

Yea in 2011 that happened. Shao Kahn did win your completely right. You also completely missed the whole point I was making.

If that story was written in 2009 or 2010, which I'm assuming it was, they could have wrote a story thousands of years in the future just as easily as they wrote shao kahn winning in the end of Armageddon. Why not just do that? Instead they re-wrote the story that we all liked in the first place, and screwed it up. When they just as easily could have went into the future and kept some of the characters around to bring MK back. Hell Sub-Zero became godlike in his ending, implying he couldn't die.

So
Sub-Zero
Scorpion
Kitana
Raiden
Jade(also Edenian)
Noob Saibot
Cyrax
Sektor
Reptile

all of those characters are immortal meaning their lives could carry on for thousands of years. Bring them back into the picture, or their ancestors, and say that MK has been reborn. I mean it still would have accomplished in killing off most of the cast, just like they did in this game. I just don't understand the whole point of killing everyone when they had the opporunity to do it in Armageddon anyway. It makes zero sense.

Yea in 2011 that happened. Shao Kahn did win your completely right. You also completely missed the whole point I was making.

If that story was written in 2009 or 2010, which I'm assuming it was, they could have wrote a story thousands of years in the future just as easily as they wrote shao kahn winning in the end of Armageddon. Why not just do that? Instead they re-wrote the story that we all liked in the first place, and screwed it up. When they just as easily could have went into the future and kept some of the characters around to bring MK back. Hell Sub-Zero became godlike in his ending, implying he couldn't die.

So
Sub-Zero
Scorpion
Kitana
Raiden
Jade(also Edenian)
Noob Saibot
Cyrax
Sektor
Reptile

all of those characters are immortal meaning their lives could carry on for thousands of years. Bring them back into the picture, or their ancestors, and say that MK has been reborn. I mean it still would have accomplished in killing off most of the cast, just like they did in this game. I just don't understand the whole point of killing everyone when they had the opporunity to do it in Armageddon anyway. It makes zero sense.
You are forgetting that there are still a number of heroes to work with from the MK4 era onwards and perhaps NRS killed of many of the original heroes so that the obscure characters of the past can be further developed and they can get their chance to shine. This would also prove that NRS is really competent in making their own game without relying on factors such as nostaligia to bring all the classic gamers back. As far as earthrealm heroes are concerned we got Kai, Shujinko, Sonya, Kenshi, Bo Rai Cho, Johnny Cage. That itself is a very solid team imo and a great story can be built out of them.

You are forgetting that there are still a number of heroes to work with from the MK4 era onwards and perhaps NRS killed of many of the original heroes so that the obscure characters of the past can be further developed and they can get their chance to shine. This would also prove that NRS is really competent in making their own game without relying on factors such as nostaligia to bring all the classic gamers back. As far as earthrealm heroes are concerned we got Kai, Shujinko, Sonya, Kenshi, Bo Rai Cho, Johnny Cage. That itself is a very solid team imo and a great story can be built out of them.

Yea but could they not just as easily have done that with the armageddon storyline? Say they didn't flash forward thousands of years, but just immediately after Armageddon and they had just certain characters survive. They could just as easily pick and choose which characters were to continue. They like Kenshi, Li Mei, Bo Rai Cho, and Havik? Write them into the post Armageddon story. What I'm saying is this whole going back in time nonsense was mostly just useless when they could have accomplished the same things just continueing after Armageddon.

Hell if they wanted this nostalgia thing then just say everyone from MK1-3 survived with a certain few characters like Kenshi, Bo Rai Cho, and Havik possibly a couple more surviving. My main point: What was the point of going back in time and killing everyone, if you could have accomplished that same goal with Armageddon.

Yea but could they not just as easily have done that with the armageddon storyline? Say they didn't flash forward thousands of years, but just immediately after Armageddon and they had just certain characters survive. They could just as easily pick and choose which characters were to continue. They like Kenshi, Li Mei, Bo Rai Cho, and Havik? Write them into the post Armageddon story. What I'm saying is this whole going back in time nonsense was mostly just useless when they could have accomplished the same things just continueing after Armageddon.

Hell if they wanted this nostalgia thing then just say everyone from MK1-3 survived with a certain few characters like Kenshi, Bo Rai Cho, and Havik possibly a couple more surviving. My main point: What was the point of going back in time and killing everyone, if you could have accomplished that same goal with Armageddon.
When armageddon was made, it was touted to be the last in the MK series, the reason they decided to kill of everyone since they had no plans to continue the series then.

Fast forward a few yrs, midway intregrated with WB and now we have NRS, who now had the resources to continue the MK series. At this point they realised that they need to make a strong foothold in the fighting game genre as their past couple of games were negatively recieved. Also continuing with after the armageddon storyline would have warranted a plethora of new characters, another thing that was not well received in the past games. Thus the same way would surely be rebooting the series from the start and making possibly 2 more games. The first being MK9, a fan service to all the fans by bringing back all the OG characters and the next game MK10, where they bring back certain post MK3 characters, develop them enough and create a good story out of it and show that MK can progress forward even without past fan favorites. This might be a reason why they decided to kill off many of the OG characters. Atleast thats what I think.