Human Sub-Zero in MK10. How would you handle his return?

How should a human Sub-Zero be added to MK10?

• Total voters
Like I said, they need to hold their balls on this.
They already did that Sheeva & Stryker, and no one even noticed they were gone.
That's EXACTLY my point.

I don't see why they'd alienate a HUGE part of the fanbase, and turn-off people from the next MK game, just to prove a point and "hold on to their balls."
The fans are the ones who ultimately choose to buy or NOT buy it.

In the main Story Line I could see why, but as a Krypt unlockable, I don't see why not.

Last edited:
I guess its alright if MK stays predictable and unable to stay true to their story.

You completely took what I said out of context and twisted it.

I also said this:

In the main Story Line I could see why, but as a Krypt unlockable, I don't see why not.

but apparently you didn't read that part.

They did it before with Regular Liu Kang being unlockable in the Krypt.
I don't see why they can't do the same for Human Sub-Zero, as an unlockable character for Ladder Mode and Online Mode.

Because I find it pointless.
Keep him out completely.

I understand he is your favorite character, he is mine too, but I want to see NRS take some big boy steps with their story/game.
That way when someone dies we're not like "Eh what the hell ever, he's coming back anyway."

Because I find it pointless.
Keep him out completely.

I understand he is your favorite character, he is mine too, but I want to see NRS take some big boy steps with their story/game.
That way when someone dies we're not like "Eh what the hell ever, he's coming back anyway."

I understand that theory of NRS staying true to the dead characters, but you don't do that to 1 of the MAIN iconic characters of ALL MK history.

Aside from him and Scorpion, there are 26 other characters from which to choose from that could stay dead for a while, and NRS would still stay true to their word about MOST characters being dead.

Not many people would by a game without Scorpion and Sub-Zero, or a SF game without Ken and Ryu, or a Sonic game without Sonic, or a Super Mario game without Mario and Luigi, etc etc etc etc .......

Eliminating popular characters just for shock value usually ends up harming the story rather than forwarding it

Sub-Zero shouldn't stay dead just to get people talking

Last edited:
Lol. I love it. Kuai Liang isn't Sub-Zero because they revealed in this game that he was once Tundra. Oooooh what an amazing revelation, even though that's what Sub-Zero's name was actually going to be in the first place, correct me if I'm wrong.I could be, but I don't think I am.

Literally did Bi-Han even speak as Sub-Zero in the storymode? I can't even remember, and if he did it had to be one hell of a small amount. It goes to show that they don't care about Bi-Han as Sub-Zero. He is f**king Noob Saibot. Personally, I hate cyber sub-zero with a f**king passion. However, if it means Bi-Han is going to become Sub-Zero again by some magical means, then I would rather cyber subz be the sub-zero.

What the hell does Bi-Han do for people that Kuai Liang doesn't, I don't understand. I really don't. It's funny you can even look up on these boards and idgit people start saying Bi-Han should become Sub-Zero again, but he should do everything Kuai Liang did(become grandmaster, mentor frost). What the hell do people have against Kuai Liang? He was Sub-Zero in MK2,3,4,DA,D,A,MKvsDC and had not 1 but 2 chapters devoted to him being Sub-Zero in MK9. That's eight games. Bi-Han was Sub-Zero in MK1, MK:M(which is something that some fans can't let go of), and a small portion of MK9. Now you tell me, who deserves the name Sub-Zero more out of that situation. Who created the story that all Sub-Zero fans remember and were so pissed off about that it was erased in this game?

People argue that they shouldn't have done Cyber Subz if they were just going to go back on it. Well, they shouldn't have revealed Bi-Han as Noob Saibot if they are just going to go back on it either. They did that in MK:D and it was loved. Now, people want to seperate the two, but does that not defeat the purpose completely? I mean it gave a character who desperately needed relevancy, Noob Saibot, something to work with. If they seperate the two, which shouldn't even be possible, it would just make Noob another character with no story. Do we really need another character like that?

The fact is, they killed cyber subz. It gives them an easy way out to just ressurect him as a human. In my opinion Bi-Han is Noob Saibot, Kuai Liang is Sub-Zero.

Sorry if I sound hostile by the way, I'm really not being. I just don't understand this fascination with Bi-Han as Sub-Zero.

The fact is, they killed cyber subz. It gives them an easy way out to just ressurect him as a human. In my opinion Bi-Han is Noob Saibot, Kuai Liang is Sub-Zero.

Sorry if I sound hostile by the way, I'm really not being. I just don't understand this fascination with Bi-Han as Sub-Zero.

I don't care which Sub-Zero comes back, to be honest.
I'm just looking for the more doable solution.
If you start suggesting Cyber Sub-Zero being brought back as human, then you also have to suggest that Cyrax and Sektor should be brought back human as well.

I don't have a preference as to which is brought back human (Bi-Han or Kuai).
With Bi-Han separating from the Wraith in the Soulnado and becoming human, I was just trying to provide an explanation for having Noob Saibot, HUMAN Sub-Zero and CYBER Sub-Zero in MK10, in order to please everyone.

I just hope to see A human Sub-Zero in MK10.

That leaves Noob Saibot out, though. Then I thought of Noob-Smoke in DA, so if Noob (Bi-Han) did not fuse with Cyber Smoke but instead reprogrammed him to be his ally in the original timeline, how about Saibot possessing Human Smoke to become the new Noob Saibot (or Smoke-Saibot in this case), if Bi-Han returns as HSZ in the new timeline?

So, an alternative solution if Bi-Han stays as Noob Saibot (unlikely but maybe possible) and Kuai remains Cyber, is either make Frost the new SZ or introduce a new male Cryomancer. The latter sounds better because some people hate an SZ with boobs, well, unless they give Frost a more diverse moveset (I haven't seen ice shurikens and kunais in MK yet).

That leaves Noob Saibot out, though.

How does that leave Noob Saibot out?

IF Bi-Han and Saibot are a fusion of 2 souls in 1 body, then it wouldn't leave Noob Saibot out.
Saibot would remain as Noob Saibot, and Bi-Han would be freed from the Wraith \ Brotherhood Of Shadow.
Since the wraith Saibot now has control over his OWN body, he could seek to kill Shinnok in the NetherRealm, and thus giving him power as the new ruler of the NetherRealm in MK10 (Noob Saibot MK9 ending).

I wonder how the stories for the 3 DLC characters Skarlet, Kenshi and Rain are gonna be handled

I'm not too worried about those.
Seeing as they were MK9 DLC, they really didn't have a part in the official Story Mode, and their endings don't HAVE to be part of MK10's canon.
If they had side stories that came along with them, then I'd wonder how NRS would handle it.

I don't care which Sub-Zero comes back, to be honest.
I'm just looking for the more doable solution.
If you start suggesting Cyber Sub-Zero being brought back as human, then you also have to suggest that Cyrax and Sektor should be brought back human as well.

I don't have a preference as to which is brought back human (Bi-Han or Kuai).
With Bi-Han separating from the Wraith in the Soulnado and becoming human, I was just trying to provide an explanation for having Noob Saibot, HUMAN Sub-Zero and CYBER Sub-Zero in MK10, in order to please everyone.

I just hope to see A human Sub-Zero in MK10.

No you most certainly would not have to turn Cyrax and Sektor back into humans. First off they would have to want to be human again, Sektor does not. So there's one out the door already.

Cyrax didn't die. His soul can't be ressurected into a fully human reborn body, like Kuai Liang's can. Also people went from saying that there's a small possibility of Bi-Han becoming Sub-Zero again to now it's a huge possibility? When did that happen?

Noob Saibot is not Venom people. When did this notion that they can seperate come about? Can Scorpion unspectorize himself?lol. Can sareena remove the demon within her? NO, they can't. If they pull bi-han becoming Sub-Zero again out of their asses then I give up. No, better yet I'm going to start begging for Hanzo Hasashi back. Obviously these guys can just seperate from who they are so why not?

Also guess what people Cyber Sub-Zero is still SUB-ZERO. The announcer even says Sub-Zero wins. He doesn't say cyber sub-zero wins. Because they aren't seperate characters. Sub-Zero is still Sub-Zero. whether he's a cyborg or not. Bi-Han can't just decide he's not Noob Saibot anymore. Like I said that destroys the Noob Saibot character. They might as well not bring Noob Saibot back ever again after that. I started out protecting sub-zero but now I'm protecting Noob. It would totally ruin Noob Saibot if this happened.

There's three characters here to think about.

Noob Saibot
Sub-Zero
Cyber Sub-Zero.

Most likely one is going to bite the dust, anyone want to take a guess as to who that will be? Because last time I checked Cyber Subz is close to the end of the list as far as popularity goes on the official site.

Last edited:
No you most certainly would not have to turn Cyrax and Sektor back into humans. First off they would have to want to be human again, Sektor does not. So there's one out the door already.

Cyrax didn't die. His soul can't be ressurected into a fully human reborn body, like Kuai Liang's can. Also people went from saying that there's a small possibility of Bi-Han becoming Sub-Zero again to now it's a huge possibility? When did that happen?

Noob Saibot is not Venom people. When did this notion that they can seperate come about? Can Scorpion unspectorize himself?lol. Can sareena remove the demon within her? NO, they can't. If they pull bi-han becoming Sub-Zero again out of their asses then I give up. No, better yet I'm going to start begging for Hanzo Hasashi back. Obviously these guys can just seperate from who they are so why not?

Also guess what people Cyber Sub-Zero is still SUB-ZERO. The announcer even says Sub-Zero wins. He doesn't say cyber sub-zero wins. Because they aren't seperate characters. Sub-Zero is still Sub-Zero. whether he's a cyborg or not. Bi-Han can't just decide he's not Noob Saibot anymore. Like I said that destroys the Noob Saibot character. They might as well not bring Noob Saibot back ever again after that. I started out protecting sub-zero but now I'm protecting Noob. It would totally ruin Noob Saibot if this happened.

There's three characters here to think about.

Noob Saibot
Sub-Zero
Cyber Sub-Zero.

Most likely one is going to bite the dust, anyone want to take a guess as to who that will be? Because last time I checked Cyber Subz is close to the end of the list as far as popularity goes on the official site.

The difference between Scorpion and Sub-Zero is that when Scorpion died, he went to hell (the NetherRealm) and came back as Scorpion.
Quan Chi didn't create Scorpion.
Bi-Han died and Quan Chi used scorcery to create Noob Saibot.
We don't know what that creation process involves.
We don't know if that sorcery included putting Bi-Han's soul and a NetherReal wraith soul into the same body.
That would mean 2 seperate souls controlling 1 body.
Ermac was created in similar fashion, with 1,000 souls in 1 body.

The Soulnado ripping Noob Saibot's body apart and freeing Bi-Han's soul from Quan Chi's control isn't completely out of question either.

Scorpion was ressurected by Quan Chi as well. That's the whole reason I used that example. Everyone tries to say well Noob is a wraith, and Scorpion is a spectre, but what the hell does that even mean??? They were both created by the sorcery of Quan Chi. So, how exactly are they different? I'm just saying people are acting like it makes more sense to return Bi-Han as Sub-Zero, but it doesn't. It would make way more sense to say,"hey we ressurected all of these guys, and since their bodies are, you know, complete shit we will just revive them to their normal human states.

I mean Noob Saibot seperating from Bi-Han makes no sense to me at all, because Noob Saibot is Bi-Han. Not to mention Cyber Subz is still Sub-Zero just like I said. I'm still saying that even though I hate cyber subz, I would rather him stay Sub-Zero than have Bi-Han back as Sub-Zero. That would be equally as bad in my opinion and would just give us 3 ice wielding characters(Sub-Zero, Cyber Sub-Zero, Frost) when really all we need is one, and it would simultaneously kill any story potential that Noob Saibot has. Frost could easily pick up as the "fast" version of Sub-Zero if people want to complain that cyber subz ain't there. Nobody and I mean nobody is replacing Regular old sub-zero though. It just can't be done.

You know though, there is one thing I love about Cyber Subz. It shows how little connection NRS has to their characters anymore. They literally will just throw shit on the wall and see if it sticks. If not they will just backtrack and most of the time it's in a horrible way (Zombie Kang anyone?). They knew cyber subz would probably not be a popular character and as evidenced, he's not. Who is played more? Human Subz. Who are we asking to have back? Human Subz. It's funny though. They've done everything in the book to try and make us like Cyber Subz more. They made Subz cookie cutter good guy in the Cyber Subz chapter compared to his regular chapter, rescuing the guys in the service, please.You can't tell me they weren't trying to guilt us into liking him at that point. They also gave him epic lines. Who can forget, "My soul has been corrupted, now it is cleansed."? They also made Cyber Subz faster. Which is what Sub-Zero fans have been asking for for a while. Who is still more used though, Human Sub-Zero. Which just goes to show, this ain't Sub-Zero. Bad idea NRS.

When you make a mistake once with a minor character, Smoke, you don't go back and say, "hey you know what they hated it on him, but oh well let's do it to one of our most popular characters." You just don't do that. Most people hated Cyber Smoke, and for years they have been begging for Human Smoke back. Did they really expect a different outcome when they turned SUB F**KING ZERO into one?

Last edited:
Ironically, though, people are begging for Cyber Smoke now that Human Smoke is already given to them. That, or the loss of Human Smoke's spear must have sucked so hard. And oh, I think I like Frost as a faster but weaker female version of SZ with a more diverse moveset than the original (How about Ice Rain coming back, plus ice shurikens and kunais?)

That said, how about the father of the original Sub-Zero brothers as the SZ of MKX? We haven't seen him yet, and I heard his sons were taken by the Lin Kuei against his will, correct me if I'm wrong.

Ironically, though, people are begging for Cyber Smoke now that Human Smoke is already given to them. That, or the loss of Human Smoke's spear must have sucked so hard. And oh, I think I like Frost as a faster but weaker female version of SZ with a more diverse moveset than the original (How about Ice Rain coming back, plus ice shurikens and kunais?)

That said, how about the father of the original Sub-Zero brothers as the SZ of MKX? We haven't seen him yet, and I heard his sons were taken by the Lin Kuei against his will, correct me if I'm wrong.

I'll admit I love Cyber Smoke. He is in my top favorites definitely and I never really have been a huge fan of human smoke. On that note though, now that I see how bad it must have been for Smoke fans for years, I don't agree with either of them being turned cyber. Sub-Zero nor Smoke should have done that.

If one or the other had too, yes, I would choose Smoke though. He wasn't even playable as human first. He was first playable as a cyborg. So, if one or the other went to me it should be Smoke.

On to the next point though, I don't think the Subz brothers Dad could be Sub-Zero because well, he's dead. At least in the original timeline he is. In the original timeline, the Sub-Zero name was passed down. When the dad died, Bi-Han got the name. When Bi-Han died Kuai Liang got the name. Sort of like a family tradition. Yet another thing I hated about this story. Kuai Liang just took up the name because he's paying respect to his brother. It would make way more sense if it was a family tradition and it would add more to the monacre of the Sub-Zero name.

I still say if there even is a Sub-Zero in the next game, I'm still not ruling out NRS replacing him with Frost, then it should be Kuai Liang. Kuai Liang got royally shat on in this game, and it would make his fans happy to give him some kind of payback. I know I want him to have some kind of redemption anyway.

We don't need three Ice characters. Sub-Zero, Cyber Subz, and Frost is a little overkill honestly. We don't need to shit on Noob Saibot either. Taking Bi-Han away from him literally just takes away the story element of Noob Saibot. Tell me this too. If Noob Saibot can just choose it's own host, then why doesn't Quan Chi just make his own warriors instead of turning people like Scorpion, Noob Saibot, and Sareena into his slaves? I mean he could literally just make his own symbiotes and let the others burn in hell. That's why I say that Noob Saibot is Bi-Han. Quan Chi took what was already within Bi-Han and made him Noob Saibot. Noob Saibot=Bi-Han. I'm just saying. There's no seperating the two.

Bi-Han was an evil ruthless bastard in the old timeline. He murdered people, and did whatever it took to benefit himself and the Lin Kuei. Kuai Liang was different. He saw that the Lin Kuei wanted him for nothing more than a killing machine, literally. So he packed up, along with Smoke and left. When the Lin Kuei came after him, he was strong enough to escape. Smoke wasn't. Then later on Sub-Zero came back and simultaneously whooped both cyrax and sektor's asses. He's just that badass.lol. I am slightly fanboyish for Kuai Liang and I'll be the first to admit that. On the same note though, I feel that the relationship now between Sub-Zero and Noob Saibot is one of the best in the series.

You look at one and you see that he has became the grandmaster of the Lin Kuei, You look at the other and he's the leader of the brotherhood of shadow. They are both polar opposites, yet were birthed from the same mother. One is complete good, and the other complete bad. I honestly want to see a huge rivalry develop between the two as well. They are both two of my favorite characters. However, if they turn Bi-Han back into Sub-Zero it just ruins that dynamic completely.