Human Sub-Zero in MK10. How would you handle his return?

How should a human Sub-Zero be added to MK10?

• Total voters
I think your guys read me wrong somewhere along the line. I was saying it was surprising Scorpion hadn't CONFRONTED Noob Saibot yet, not teamed with him. I said the perfect way to team up Scorpion and Sub-Zero(Kuai Liang) would have them go after a common enemy in Noob Saibot.

I think teaming up Noob Saibot and Scorpion in anyway would just be idiotic because for one they killed eachother. Their deaths were each caused by the other, so they should hate each other.

Kuai Liang and Scorpion make way more sense to team up than Noob and Scorpion, like I said I think you guys got my words mixed up.

If Bi Han comes back I may be done. I like Kuai Liang as Sub-Zero and Bi Han as Noob. Any other way isn't going to feel right to me at this point.

I agree, Kuai Liang has become THE Sub Zero, but like I said the way the game ended in story mode, I see it more likely that Bi Han returns as Sub, I prefer Kuai Liang, but I don't see NRS ressurecting the fighters that died in story mode, there's a reason they annihilated everyone and thats to have a bunch of new characters in MK 10. As long as we get a human Sub thats cannon, I'll be happy. I could be completely wrong, but being that they're "re-writing" the MK saga, anythings possible.

Ehhh. I'll take Sub-Zero and Noob but no cyber subz. I don't like the idea.

@Subz808 I don't know man. I think Noob's ending hinted him winding up in Chaosrealm and what better way to do it than through the soulnado. I mean soulnado's have already been shown to be able to teleport people to different places so why not take Noob to Chaosrealm.

As for the other fighters: Like Kuai Liang. Boon has already said our favorite heroes will return, he just doesn't know how MK10 is going to play out yet though. I do not want Bi Han as Sub-Zero again though. It would just make things more complicated to everyone. Bi Han's sub-zero now Kuai Liang's Sub-Zero then Bi-Han's Sub-Zero again. It just doesn't make sense. Keep one person in the role and leave them. I honestly feel that Kuai Liang was established as THE Sub-Zero in MK9 though.

Just bring him back as a human in anyway possible...

Please?

Taj, if Human Sub-Zero doesn't come back for MK10 (at least in 1 vs 1 / Tag or Ladder mode), it will feel like a peanut-butter and jelly sandwich with no jelly.
A main ingredient would be missing. :-(

EDIT:

I can understand why Human Sub-Zero may not physically be in "Story Mode," but at the very least he should be an unlockable character for MK 10, like Cyber Sub was for MK9.

Last edited:
Just bring him back as a human in anyway possible...

Please?

this

Taj, if Human Sub-Zero doesn't come back for MK10 (at least in 1 vs 1 / Tag or Ladder mode), it will feel like a peanut-butter and jelly sandwich with no jelly.
A main ingredient would be missing. :-(

EDIT:

I can understand why Human Sub-Zero may not physically be in "Story Mode," but at the very least he should be an unlockable character for MK 10, like Cyber Sub was for MK9.

So true. It wouldn't be a true Mortal Kombat game.

And I'd rather have human Sub-Zero in the actual story. It would make more sense if it were ESZ since his soul is pure now.

Make CSZ DLC.

this

So true. It wouldn't be a true Mortal Kombat game.

And I'd rather have human Sub-Zero in the actual story. It would make more sense if it were ESZ since his soul is pure now.

Make CSZ DLC.

Agreed with this totally. Kuai Liang is my second favourite character in MK, I want him back in all his glory!!!

ESZ soul is pure now? Just because he got thrown in the soulnado doesn't mean that. There are two outcomes of getting thrown in the soulnado.

1. You are obliterated
2. You are transported into another realm, which by Noob's ending of him ending up in Chaosrealm you would think people would see he could end up there through the soulnado.

It makes more sense for Kuai Liang to become Sub-Zero again because
1. He's dead, and his soul is up for grabs
2. He could easily be released by say Sareena, taken to the purification chamber and there you go Human Sub-Zero is back.

I think the first two chapters of story mode should start with Sareena and Sub-Zero.

Quan Chi and Shinnok are shown readying their forces for the invasion then Sareena is shown being unhappy with Quan Chi's rule. She recognizes cyber subz as Sub-Zero and takes him to Quan Chi's chamber to purify him and free him of Quan Chi's grip then transition into Sub-Zero's chapter were he finds a way out of the netherrealm and warns the remaining Earthrealm warriors of Shinnok's plans.

So it could be like this:

- Bi-Han becomes Human Sub
- Kuai Liang stays Cyber
- Smoke turns into Noob Saibot as part of the Noob-Smoke tradition

heres how i see it for noob saibot's fate

after noob gets spartan kicked into the soulnado he ends up in chaosrealm an unpredictable world that could potentially have side effects to those not native there which would cause noob saibot upon arrival to be split into two different beings, one of them being Bi-han and the other being noob himself. meanwhile the elder gods discover that Bi-Han is somehow alive again and personally brings him to their sanctum since they know he was the one who originally defeated Shinnok and prevented him from taking over Earthrealm and personally turns him into their new champion while Noob stays in Chaosrealm to put his ulterior motives into motion

whaddya think?

I hope Sub-Zero doesn't come back as a human.
NRS needs to hold their balls for once in their careers and finalize a characters death.

Because can you imagine the hype, if they leave Sub Zero out of MK for say 3 games.
Then for the MK after the last one you see a trailer that says "He's back"

Niggas be shittn in they socks n shit over some crazy hypeness.

NRS needs to hold their balls for once in their careers and finalize a characters death.

Because can you imagine the hype, if they leave Sub Zero out of MK for say 3 games.

Yes this is a formula used by many corporations when they wish to get a huge boost in sales at a later period in time. You starve your viewers/consumers with what they want. Then after they just about can't take it anymore, you reveal it back. BAM increased sales.

Although I love human subzero. I semi-agree with BBBLP. They should be unique in the sense that when their characters die... They effing die.

I'd still like them playable. I mean... what a waste of moves/balance to just scrap away w/o atleast porting it over.

heres how i see it for noob saibot's fate

after noob gets spartan kicked into the soulnado he ends up in chaosrealm an unpredictable world that could potentially have side effects to those not native there which would cause noob saibot upon arrival to be split into two different beings, one of them being Bi-han and the other being noob himself. meanwhile the elder gods discover that Bi-Han is somehow alive again and personally brings him to their sanctum since they know he was the one who originally defeated Shinnok and prevented him from taking over Earthrealm and personally turns him into their new champion while Noob stays in Chaosrealm to put his ulterior motives into motion

whaddya think?
This. Maybe have a Noob/Havik partnership in MK10 too, like in Noob's MK9 ending?

BTW, here's how I feel about Kuai Liang possibly returning as Human Sub-Zero:

Although I DESPISE the fact that he replaced Cyber Smoke (my favorite cyborg), and I don't like the fact that he borrows a little too much from other characters moveset-wise, aesthetically, I'm gonna be honest: this is the best design I've ever seen for a cyborg in Mortal Kombat. And storywise I feel like this could be the best direction yet for Kuai Liang.

While it isn't even a question that human Sub-Zero needs to be brought back in some form, turning Kuai Liang back into a human and then back into Sub-Zero is not the solution to that, in my eyes. Kuai Liang is not the true Sub-Zero. He only assumed the identity to honor his late brother. But Kuai Liang isn't anything like Sub-Zero while the latter was still living; Sub-Zero was ruthless and cold-blooded. He continued to serve the Lin Kuei out of pure, unwavering loyalty and carried out his tasks without any of sense of morality. Kuai Liang has a greater sense of morality and ultimately decided to fight for Earthrealm instead of serving the Lin Kuei so I feel that he should retire the "Sub-Zero" name and stand for something much greater than what Sub-Zero stood for in life. In fact, I don't think it would be a bad idea for him to return to his original identity as "Tundra".

I feel that he should stay as a cyborg as a reminder to himself and others that even if some tragic event were to rear its ugly head over someone (in Kuai Liang's case, being converted into a cyborg), this doesn't stop them from living life just like they used to before their "transformation". Kuai Liang at face value may appear to be a hollow, mechanical shell of his former self, but his actions and belief in the greater good would quickly prove otherwise to those skeptical. Instead of dwelling on what he used to be before he became a cyborg or spending his life attempting to regain his fully human form, he should focus on bigger goals like becoming the Grandmaster of the Lin Kuei restoring honor to the once great Lin Kuei like in the original timeline. This, in my opinion, would ensure that the decision to convert Kuai Liang into a cyborg this time wouldn't just be a cheap way to change up an established character, but a decision that actually ends up furthering his character development and making him a stronger man than he was even as a full human.

Now to solve the human Sub-Zero problem, I feel like the best way is bring Bi-Han back somehow. One theory I've heard is that when Noob got kicked into the Soulnado by Nightwolf, this could've split up the consciences of Noob Saibot and Bi-Han, therefore making the two seperate entities. It may not make much sense, but that's a minor sacrifice in my eyes, as we would get human Sub-Zero back while at the same time keeping both Cyber Sub-Zero and Noob Saibot.

With all that said, I still want Cyber Smoke back :laugh:

You don't remember the shit storm caused by not having Scorpion in MK3?
NRS got a lot of shit for it which is why they brought him right back in UMK3.
I don't think they'd make that mistake again with 1 of their 2 most famous characters.

I could see them doing this with Stryker, Sheeva or some of the less famous dead characters, but not having human Sub-Zero is more of a turn-off than anything else.

You don't remember the shit storm caused by not having Scorpion in MK3?
NRS got a lot of shit for it which is why they brought him right back in UMK3.
I don't think they'd make that mistake again with 1 of their 2 most famous characters.

I could see them doing this with Stryker, Sheeva or some of the less famous dead characters, but not having human Sub-Zero is more of a turn-off than anything else.

Like I said, they need to hold their balls on this.
They already did that Sheeva & Stryker, and no one even noticed they were gone.

But if they really want to put Human Sub back, they might as well put Bi-Han back as the HSZ of the new timeline so Kuai Liang can stay as a cyborg without any problems. If written well, Cyber Sub-Zero could become more badass than his human incarnation in the original storyline.

So I guess we won't be getting Cyber Smoke now, only a new Noob-Smoke instead.