Human Sub-Zero in MK10. How would you handle his return?

How should a human Sub-Zero be added to MK10?

• Total voters
Oh, I have another option! Somebody use your powers in an amulet, so that your past self is aware of the future, and stops Boon from creating Cyber SubZero!

Wait...! Damn...

Oh, I have another option! Somebody use your powers in an amulet, so that your past self is aware of the future, and stops Boon from creating Cyber SubZero!

Wait...! Damn...

I like this scenario the best, but unfortunately I don't have a Delorean Time Machine to go back in time.
If I did, I'd try to convince ED Boon otherwise about CSZ.

EDIT:

There are certain Classic things that you don't don't f**K with, such as:

- The original Star Wars Trilogy (Yes, I'm looking at you Lucas)
- MK "Original" characters
- Coca Cola original recipe
- KFC Original recipe
- Back To The Future Trilogy

.... and the list goes on.

(Those are just a FEW examples)

Last edited:
*Shrugs Shoulders*
I hated Cyber Subzero at first, but then I ended up maining him.
I love him now, and I don't really like Human Subzero now.
I think it's a refreshing twist on an old character.
Think about it, if they ever did that shit on Scorpion; people would've flipped shit.
But you got HUMAN Subzero and CYBER Subzero.
So why complain?
We got two smokes and two subzeros in UMK3.. so why not MK10?
Let me keep my new Main and give the fans their Human Subzero.
Everyone wins.

It can't just happen like that though because Cyber Subz is Sub-Zero so we have to find a way to get him back. That's whay we're discussin and I want Kuai Liang back as Sub-Zero so in order for that to happen Cyber Subz has got to go. I'm sorry that you like him, but I like Sub-Zero(Kuai Liang) too much to just let him go like that. He's been around for too long and honestly it's just disrespectful on NRS part to do this to his character.

Scorpion would have got the exact same reaction Sub-Zero is getting because I tend to believe they are on the same popularity level and Sub-Zero has even won out on that on several occassions. I just want Kuai Liang back, it ain't right that he's a freakin cyborg right now.

It can't just happen like that though because Cyber Subz is Sub-Zero so we have to find a way to get him back. That's whay we're discussin and I want Kuai Liang back as Sub-Zero so in order for that to happen Cyber Subz has got to go. I'm sorry that you like him, but I like Sub-Zero(Kuai Liang) too much to just let him go like that. He's been around for too long and honestly it's just disrespectful on NRS part to do this to his character.

Scorpion would have got the exact same reaction Sub-Zero is getting because I tend to believe they are on the same popularity level and Sub-Zero has even won out on that on several occassions. I just want Kuai Liang back, it ain't right that he's a freakin cyborg right now.

Do you really think we can't have both?
I mean, seriously.. We can't have both??
You know we can have Cyber "magically transform" into human in Story mode..
Then have BOTH selectable in modes other than Story.
Like I said, We had both smokes and Subzeros in UMK3/Trilogy.
And it didn't make sense.
And Nope, people would've absolutely lost it if Scorpion turned Cyber.
Cyber Subzero=Mild Shitstorm
Cyber Scorpion=OMG NRS YOU F*CKING ASS HOLES!!! Y U NO F*CK YOURSELVES?!!!

So if Cyber Sub goes back to Human, we can have both playable for arcade ladder.
You know... just like MK9.

Do you really think we can't have both?
I mean, seriously.. We can't have both??
You know we can have Cyber "magically transform" into human in Story mode..
Then have BOTH selectable in modes other than Story.
Like I said, We had both smokes and Subzeros in UMK3/Trilogy.
And it didn't make sense.
And Nope, people would've absolutely lost it if Scorpion turned Cyber.
Cyber Subzero=Mild Shitstorm
Cyber Scorpion=OMG NRS YOU F*CKING ASS HOLES!!! Y U NO F*CK YOURSELVES?!!!

So if Cyber Sub goes back to Human, we can have both playable for arcade ladder.
You know... just like MK9.

You think this is a MILD sh**storm? Look on just about any MK site and this is almost always one of the leading topics. This is far from mild. I think people would be acting almost exactly the same way they are now if Scorpion would have got this treatment. The fact is he won't though because he's ed boon's favorite. Honestly I would love to watch Scorpion get sh** on in a game just for Ed Boon to prove that he would do it. He's done dark raiden, zombie kang, whored melina out, and now turned subz cyber. Let's see him f**k up Scorpion for a change.

They could put both in as well but they won't. Unless cyber subz has a reason to be there as a completely different character than Kuai Liang then it's a war til then either cyber subz or sub-zero will make it into the game, and I would choose Sub-Zero any day over Cyber Subz. It was a bad idea, and cyber subz has copied moves. I hope they fix the problem in the next game, and maybe they can somehow incorporate him being there as a different character than Kuai Liang, but if not then don't let the door hit you on the way out cyber subz.

You think this is a MILD sh**storm? Look on just about any MK site and this is almost always one of the leading topics. This is far from mild. I think people would be acting almost exactly the same way they are now if Scorpion would have got this treatment. The fact is he won't though because he's ed boon's favorite. Honestly I would love to watch Scorpion get sh** on in a game just for Ed Boon to prove that he would do it. He's done dark raiden, zombie kang, whored melina out, and now turned subz cyber. Let's see him f**k up Scorpion for a change.

They could put both in as well but they won't. Unless cyber subz has a reason to be there as a completely different character than Kuai Liang then it's a war til then either cyber subz or sub-zero will make it into the game, and I would choose Sub-Zero any day over Cyber Subz. It was a bad idea, and cyber subz has copied moves. I hope they fix the problem in the next game, and maybe they can somehow incorporate him being there as a different character than Kuai Liang, but if not then don't let the door hit you on the way out cyber subz.

Well, the shitstorm was insane at first.
Like, on the launch date because everyone already knew and had their assumptions about how he was going to suck.
But it is now mild compared to how it was.
As it is currently, you can still Ice clone and ground freeze it up with Human Sub..
but the next MK?
I see him still being Cyber.
Like, how can The Cyber Initiative be reversed?
Might as well turn Sektor and Cyrax human too :laugh:
Sub took Smoke's place as a cyber, and I like it :cool:

Well, the shitstorm was insane at first.
Like, on the launch date because everyone already knew and had their assumptions about how he was going to suck.
But it is now mild compared to how it was.
As it is currently, you can still Ice clone and ground freeze it up with Human Sub..
but the next MK?
I see him still being Cyber.
Like, how can The Cyber Initiative be reversed?
Might as well turn Sektor and Cyrax human too :laugh:
Sub took Smoke's place as a cyber, and I like it :cool:

Lol. You still see him being cyber? Really? With the crappy reactions he has got amongst a majority of the fanbase, and have you checked the leaderboards lately. Cyber Subz is in the twenties, and Sub-Zero is third. No way on Earth would they consider losing that big a part of their fanbase for a character who was not received well.

I literally wouldn't return to MK if they decided to do that because over the years I've become a fan of Sub-Zero whereas I used to be a fan of Mortal Kombat. If Sub-Zero gets f**ked over again as bad as he did in this game, I will probably leave. NRS knows better than to do garbage like this, I understand Ed Boon likes to keep things fresh but when you alienate parts of your fan base you are begging for disaster.

Also the difference between Sub-Zero and Sektor, Cyrax right now is Cyber Sub-Zero is dead, as in his body is useless.Sektor and Cyrax still have their bodies, whereas Sub-Zero is a soul right now. If they were to return the characters back to their normal human state in the next game, Sub-Zero ain't returning as a cyborg. I'm pretty sure I've read an interview too, where they didn't say cyber subz won't return, but I think it was Hector said they were non-commital to the character or something along those lines anyway, meaning they knew this would cause a sh**storm.

I found it take it for what it's worth but supposedly before MK was even released and all of the info leaked Hector had this to say:

"He confirmed Cyber Sub-Zero, and said that he will have an unique set of moves and story. He said also that the team is not certain about his inclusion in future MK games."

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand Ed Boon likes to keep things fresh but when you alienate parts of your fan base you are begging for disaster.

I agree with this statement 100%.
I don't see Ed Boon and NRS alienating their fans, just for this controversy.
If they do, they're being just as stupid as when they left Scorpion out of MK 3, in 1995.

There are a LOT of people who wouldn't buy MK, if it didn't have Sub-Zero and Scorpion in it.
I'm one of them.
Like it or not, those 2 are the poster boys for MK.
I traded in MK 3 for UMK 3, back in the day, on my Sega Genesis, because MK 3 didn't have Scorpion in it.
I bought it again a few years ago, for collector's sake, but every time I fire up MK 3 on my Sega Genesis, it's the UMK 3 version.

Sub-Zero NEEDS to return in HUMAN form, or atleast have a human compatible in the select screen, in order for NRS to avoid a shit storm in MK10.

Sub-Zero NEEDS to return in HUMAN form, or atleast have a human compatible in the select screen, in order for NRS to avoid a shit storm in MK10.

That's all I'm saying. Turn him human in Story if you must, but let me keep my new Main.
I've got a pretty good CSZ and I want to play as him in future titles now.
I guess I like CSZ so much is because Cyber Smoke was my 2nd favorite and they offed Cyber Smoke in the new MK :cry:

That's all I'm saying. Turn him human in Story if you must, but let me keep my new Main.

That's the reason that I went about with the whole "Bi-Han being HUMAN Sub-Zero in MK10" route a few posts ago.
Separating Bi-Han from Saibot would give us all 3 characters; Sub-Zero, Noob Saibot, and Cyber Sub-Zero.

That's the reason that I went about with the whole "Bi-Han being HUMAN Sub-Zero in MK10" route a few posts ago.
Separating Bi-Han from Saibot would give us all 3 characters; Sub-Zero, Noob Saibot, and Cyber Sub-Zero.

Seeing it that way makes it badass.
Hell yeah, I'm on board with that.

But we've been through this. Bi Han and Noob are the same person. It's not a symbiote, this isn't spiderman.

The best route would be to go turning Kuai Liang back into a human and have the younger sister of both Bi Han and Kuai Liang turn out to be Cyber Subz.

But we've been through this. Bi Han and Noob are the same person. It's not a symbiote, this isn't spiderman.

The best route would be to go turning Kuai Liang back into a human and have the younger sister of both Bi Han and Kuai Liang turn out to be Cyber Subz.

A girl Cyber Subzero?
Maybe that's the best route for you, but not for me or anyone else.
That's just.. idk what that is.

A girl Cyber Subzero?
Maybe that's the best route for you, but not for me or anyone else.
That's just.. idk what that is.

Dang, dude you got something against girls? I don't really see why it would matter seeing as they don't have their parts anymore anyway?lol

Dang, dude you got something against girls? I don't really see why it would matter seeing as they don't have their parts anymore anyway?lol

Well let's turn Regular Sub, Noob, Scorpion, Ermac, and Rain into Girls while we are at it.
Sorry, but A surprise sexchange isn't what I want for Cyber Sub. He's an underdog and A f*cking beast.
He doesn't need the Mileena treatment with huge robot tits hanging out..
You know? We already have Frost :laugh:

Well let's turn Regular Sub, Noob, Scorpion, Ermac, and Rain into Girls while we are at it.
Sorry, but A surprise sexchange isn't what I want for Cyber Sub. He's an underdog and A f*cking beast.
He doesn't need the Mileena treatment with huge robot tits hanging out..
You know? We already have Frost :laugh:

You don't understand, nothing would change about the appearance of the cyborg because it's already a cyborg. And newsflash theres already female versions of all of those characters if you want to go off of color base alone. Hell, Sub-Zero has a girl who resembles his powers color scheme everything, remember frost, Or what about Skarlet to Ermac, or Tanya to Scorpion. Don't be sexist dude, it could work out fine and they'd play all the same. My second favorite character is Jade so I don't know what the deal is. I'm saying that's a way to permanently keep cyber subz too. If you go the route of Kuai Liang staying him forever fans will get pissed. By MK3 though cyber subz would be gone because his story arc would have ended.

You don't understand, nothing would change about the appearance of the cyborg because it's already a cyborg. And newsflash theres already female versions of all of those characters if you want to go off of color base alone. Hell, Sub-Zero has a girl who resembles his powers color scheme everything, remember frost, Or what about Skarlet to Ermac, or Tanya to Scorpion. Don't be sexist dude, it could work out fine and they'd play all the same. My second favorite character is Jade so I don't know what the deal is. I'm saying that's a way to permanently keep cyber subz too. If you go the route of Kuai Liang staying him forever fans will get pissed. By MK3 though cyber subz would be gone because his story arc would have ended.

I'm not being sexist by saying I don't want my main being a girl now.
And I don't really like playing as females in MK, shoot me.. Idc.
And if he was a girl, yes his appearance would change.
Boone loves to make the chicks in MK look like PRON STARZ.. Which is weak, anyway.

Arakny_Commander said:
Remember, the difference between Noob Saibot and Scorpion is that Noob Saibot is connected to the Brotherhood of Shadow.
Scorpion resurrected as his formal self in an immortal body, whereas Noob Saibot was resurrected as part of the Brotherhood Of Shadow.
Aside from being Quan Chi's b*tch, Scorpion has NO ties to the NetherRealm.

Noob Saibot, on the other hand, IS tied to the Brotherhood Of Shadow, and could have an infused wraith spirit controlling / possessing him.
How else could you explain the "Saibot" part of Noob Saibot???
To me it seems VERY likely that Noob Saibot is possessed by a Brotherhood Of Shadow spirit.
Remember, Quan Chi is an evil sorcerer who could have easily done some voodoo shit to Sub-Zero, in order to turn him into Noob Saibot.

I could see a possible scenario in which Nightwolf kicks Noob Saibot into the Soulnado, freeing Noob Saibot of being possessed by the wraith, and he becomes Sub-Zero once again.
It's no THAT far fetched.

Think of it like the exorcist, where the girl goes back to being normal at the end. ;-)

^^
Totally feasible.
You don't know for sure if Bi-Han and Noob Saibot are just 1 person though, rather than a fusion of souls.
When Ed Boon answered the Twitter question, he made it sound like Saibot was a separate entity.
Bi-Han is part of the Brotherhood Of Shadow.
You don't know WHAT Quan Chi did to turn him into Noob Saibot.

For all we know, Bi-Han could be a fusion of 2 souls in 1 body; Bi-Han and the NetherRealm wraith (similar to Ermac with multiple souls in 1 body).

That's the problem with his story, it's so vague and unexplained.
Don't just assume that Noob Saibot is just 1 soul in 1 body, if you don't know for sure.

Last edited: