Human Sub-Zero in MK10. How would you handle his return?

How should a human Sub-Zero be added to MK10?

• Total voters
I don't get it why people think Noob Saibot is actually 2 different entities... I mean, yes, in his noncannon MKA ending, Noob Saibot encounters a shadow of his past (his ending heavily implies that it is just a memory) inside the pyramid. Noob Saibot is Bi-han with black clothes, shadow powers and loyalty to Quan Chi, not a demon living inside the original Sub-zero's body; as Scorpion is Hanzo Hasashi with spectral powers and blind rage (and loyalty to Quan Chi, at first). Also, I can't see Noob's shadow "clone" as a separated character, it is like he is an "extension" (like a limb or something) of Noob Saibot, hence, it is himself. Therefore, the distincion of "Noob" and "Saibot" being actually 2 beings with the exact same motivations is erroneous to me.

With that being said, I really don't like the theory of Noob being splitted. I could understand it perfectly if Noob redeemed himself and became Bi-Han once again. He was always Bi-han, not some demon fused with him, as Scorpion was always Hanzo, not a demon fused with him.

With that being said, the best possible scenario for me: Raiden and Earthrealm warriors free Sub-zero's Soul from the netherrealm. Since he is now a soul, it would make more sense if he recovered a human body.

It was never revealed how Quan Chi made Bi-Han into Noob Saibot.

For all we know, Saibot could be like the Symbiote from Spider-Man.
Weak on its own, but when combined with a host, becomes a powerhouse.

Quan Chi could have just combined Bi Han's dead body with this demon.
Its just like Venom, Eddie (Bi Han) thinks that he is in control, but Venom (Saibot) can take over at the drop of a hat.

It was never revealed how Quan Chi made Bi-Han into Noob Saibot.

For all we know, Saibot could be like the Symbiote from Spider-Man.
Weak on its own, but when combined with a host, becomes a powerhouse.

Quan Chi could have just combined Bi Han's dead body with this demon.
Its just like Venom, Eddie (Bi Han) thinks that he is in control, but Venom (Saibot) can take over at the drop of a hat.

Yes, that is indeed a valid possibility. But I think it's not the case. I do believe Scorpion was raised as a spectre the same way Bi-han was. And Scorpion doesn't look parasitated or something. Bi-han gives us that feel just because he has an oily appearence, I guess.

I always thought noob saibot did have a 'divided soul' as it said in MKA's ending. just because the ending wasn't canon doesn't mean the statement about noobs soul isn't true. Also in his Deception ending (which has to be somewhat canon since that's when Sub Zero learned about noob saibot being the original Sub Zero) it mentions that 'If he were still Lin Kuei, still human, he probably would have showed some degree of pride' so to me its clear that SOMETHING wass done to noob Saibot that makes him different from Scorpion in some way. Scorpion seems to have maintained some of his humanity but noob saibot seems to have lost it because of the taint in his soul, Quan Chi or a bit of both.

the main difference I see between noob and Scorpion is
Noobs soul was corrupted while Scorpions was not.

Human Sub Zero will return think but like see new look but ninja Sub likely maybe. Cyber Sub Zero I wander if he'll return.

Yes, that is indeed a valid possibility. But I think it's not the case. I do believe Scorpion was raised as a spectre the same way Bi-han was. And Scorpion doesn't look parasitated or something. Bi-han gives us that feel just because he has an oily appearence, I guess.

I guess that because Scorpion hides it. Because, when Scorpion takes out his mask, you see his skull.

I don't get it why people think Noob Saibot is actually 2 different entities... I mean, yes, in his noncannon MKA ending, Noob Saibot encounters a shadow of his past (his ending heavily implies that it is just a memory) inside the pyramid. Noob Saibot is Bi-han with black clothes, shadow powers and loyalty to Quan Chi, not a demon living inside the original Sub-zero's body; as Scorpion is Hanzo Hasashi with spectral powers and blind rage (and loyalty to Quan Chi, at first). Also, I can't see Noob's shadow "clone" as a separated character, it is like he is an "extension" (like a limb or something) of Noob Saibot, hence, it is himself. Therefore, the distincion of "Noob" and "Saibot" being actually 2 beings with the exact same motivations is erroneous to me.

With that being said, I really don't like the theory of Noob being splitted. I could understand it perfectly if Noob redeemed himself and became Bi-Han once again. He was always Bi-han, not some demon fused with him, as Scorpion was always Hanzo, not a demon fused with him.

With that being said, the best possible scenario for me: Raiden and Earthrealm warriors free Sub-zero's Soul from the netherrealm. Since he is now a soul, it would make more sense if he recovered a human body.

I completely agree with this statement. Noob Saibot is no different entity from Bi Han. He is Bi Han. Everyone always thinks a symbiote got onto his body, but this ain't spiderman and that ain't what happened. Bi Han was evil at his core and him becoming Noob was supposed to show that. Bi Han is Noob Saibot just like Hanzo Hasashi is Scorpion. I mean look the only reason it's any different is because Bi Han's body is blackish blue. Admit it. If Scorpion's skin was like that people would think the same thing. The thing is though Bi Han is Noob Saibot the mantle of Sub-Zero moved on to next of kin when he died.

Also how stupid would it be if their soul split? I mean do we really need another lackey like Reptile or Baraka? The reason those characters don't have a story is because they aren't directly tied to anyone like Jax, Sonya, and Kano or Scorpion and Sub-Zero. They're just lackey characters who are admittedly cool, I'm not dissing them but they don't have any ties to any character and that's why they were used as lackey's in this past game. My deal was they should have had Baraka slice off Jax's arms in the tournament and he instantly would have been more relevant than he is now. Noob would have no other ties to other characters than Bi Han at all. Bi Han being Noob he has ties to Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Quan Chi, Sareena, all of that would be lost the second Noob seperated from Bi Han because he would become meaningless bad guy fighting for Quan Chi or whoever the main villain is at the time.

The way I would go about bringing back Human Subz is having him never have died at all. It seems crazy but hear me out. When the cyborgs captured Bi Han and Kuai Liang as children they also captured their sister and kept her locked away as leverage in case the brothers abandoned the Lin Kuei.

When The cyborgs along with Sektor and Cyrax took Sub-Zero away he managed to escape from them. In this case the cyborgs were transferring parts of Kuai Liang's memories into their systems(think of when they were shocking him in Shao Kahn's arena) because his sister had not yet realized her cryomancer potential.

After Kuai Liang escaped they took the sister and automated her transferring Kuai Liang's memories into her system in order to unlock the cryomancer abilities within her. This would allow both Sub-Zero and Cyber Sub-Zero to remain as legit in the game while Noob Saibot also exists.

That's my way. I'm sure there are other ways out there, but I really like my idea.

I completely agree with this statement. Noob Saibot is no different entity from Bi Han. He is Bi Han. Everyone always thinks a symbiote got onto his body, but this ain't spiderman and that ain't what happened. Bi Han was evil at his core and him becoming Noob was supposed to show that. Bi Han is Noob Saibot just like Hanzo Hasashi is Scorpion. I mean look the only reason it's any different is because Bi Han's body is blackish blue. Admit it. If Scorpion's skin was like that people would think the same thing. The thing is though Bi Han is Noob Saibot the mantle of Sub-Zero moved on to next of kin when he died.

Also how stupid would it be if their soul split? I mean do we really need another lackey like Reptile or Baraka? The reason those characters don't have a story is because they aren't directly tied to anyone like Jax, Sonya, and Kano or Scorpion and Sub-Zero. They're just lackey characters who are admittedly cool, I'm not dissing them but they don't have any ties to any character and that's why they were used as lackey's in this past game. My deal was they should have had Baraka slice off Jax's arms in the tournament and he instantly would have been more relevant than he is now. Noob would have no other ties to other characters than Bi Han at all. Bi Han being Noob he has ties to Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Quan Chi, Sareena, all of that would be lost the second Noob seperated from Bi Han because he would become meaningless bad guy fighting for Quan Chi or whoever the main villain is at the time.

The way I would go about bringing back Human Subz is having him never have died at all. It seems crazy but hear me out. When the cyborgs captured Bi Han and Kuai Liang as children they also captured their sister and kept her locked away as leverage in case the brothers abandoned the Lin Kuei.

When The cyborgs along with Sektor and Cyrax took Sub-Zero away he managed to escape from them. In this case the cyborgs were transferring parts of Kuai Liang's memories into their systems(think of when they were shocking him in Shao Kahn's arena) because his sister had not yet realized her cryomancer potential.

After Kuai Liang escaped they took the sister and automated her transferring Kuai Liang's memories into her system in order to unlock the cryomancer abilities within her. This would allow both Sub-Zero and Cyber Sub-Zero to remain as legit in the game while Noob Saibot also exists.

That's my way. I'm sure there are other ways out there, but I really like my idea.

Thanks God some people understand lol.
Just like Hanzo is Scorpion, Bi Han is Noob.
I'm not down with the "split" idea at all

I kind of wonder how that theory even got started. I mean the Armageddon ending yea I get it, but even then they didn't say he became Sub-Zero again. He became like a hybrid of the two which would still be stupid because then that would effectively eliminate two characters and add two powers onto one character.

I say leave Bi Han as Noob Saibot and have Kuai Liang as Sub Zero it's been that way forever, it hasn't blown up in their faces. They are both insanely popular and eliminating either of them for cyber sub-zero to stick around would just be ludicrous.

I kind of wonder how that theory even got started. I mean the Armageddon ending yea I get it, but even then they didn't say he became Sub-Zero again. He became like a hybrid of the two which would still be stupid because then that would effectively eliminate two characters and add two powers onto one character.

I say leave Bi Han as Noob Saibot and have Kuai Liang as Sub Zero it's been that way forever, it hasn't blown up in their faces. They are both insanely popular and eliminating either of them for cyber sub-zero to stick around would just be ludicrous.

I just think Subzero should be cyber from here on out (take the Smoke route)
Noob just stays noob lol

I just think Subzero should be cyber from here on out (take the Smoke route)
Noob just stays noob lol

Nah I'm on the anti cyber sub-zero side. The cyborgs are not very popular especially when you're favorite character gets turned into one of them. Sub-Zero is too iconic to leave as a cyborg. It just wouldn't work out. It felt out of place watching him in story mode as a cyborg and I hope NRS realizes that shock value doesn't mean it's good. Cuz that's what cyber subz was if nothing else shock value.

Nah I'm on the anti cyber sub-zero side. The cyborgs are not very popular especially when you're favorite character gets turned into one of them. Sub-Zero is too iconic to leave as a cyborg. It just wouldn't work out. It felt out of place watching him in story mode as a cyborg and I hope NRS realizes that shock value doesn't mean it's good. Cuz that's what cyber subz was if nothing else shock value.

Well Cyber Sub is my main lol. If they follow this new story, he will probably end up being cyber.
I mean, it's not like "Well he is human magically now"
Smoke needs a little more time to be human lol.

Human Sub and Human Smoke for me. As for you guys above, your conjectures on the process of Scorpion's and Noob's changes to spectre and wraith are in the same boat as the others.

It'd be great if Raiden restored Sub-Zero from Cyber Sub-Zero.

Yea I mean Sub-Zero is dead now and if he was revived to his natural state as I'm sure all of the heroes will be it would be him as a human. He wasn't born as a cyborg.

Also why does everyone think that if cyber subz is eliminated that smoke will be automated? I mean look at what NRS has done to us we are so afraid of one character becoming a cyborg we will just pass the torch to the most likely character to become him. How about this NRS no third cyborg? That would be nice for a change.

Keep Cyber-Sub and let Frost be the new human Sub Zero.

I could EASILY see Sub-Zero's situation being similar to that of Venom, from Spiderman.

Remember, the difference between Noob Saibot and Scorpion is that Noob Saibot is connected to the Brotherhood of Shadow.
Scorpion resurrected as his formal self in an immortal body, whereas Noob Saibot was resurrected as part of the Brotherhood Of Shadow.
Aside from being Quan Chi's b*tch, Scorpion has NO ties to the NetherRealm.

Noob Saibot, on the other hand, IS tied to the Brotherhood Of Shadow, and could have an infused wraith spirit controlling / possessing him.
How else could you explain the "Saibot" part of Noob Saibot???
To me it seems VERY likely that Noob Saibot is possessed by a Brotherhood Of Shadow spirit.
Remember, Quan Chi is an evil sorcerer who could have easily done some voodoo shit to Sub-Zero, in order to turn him into Noob Saibot.

I could see a possible scenario in which Nightwolf kicks Noob Saibot into the Soulnado, freeing Noob Saibot of being possessed by the wraith, and he becomes Sub-Zero once again.
It's no THAT far fetched.

Think of it like the exorcist, where the girl goes back to being normal at the end. ;-)

Last edited:

I could EASILY see Sub-Zero's situation being similar to that of Venom, from Spiderman.

Remember, the difference between Noob Saibot and Scorpion is that Noob Saibot is connected to the Brotherhood of Shadow.
Scorpion resurrected as his formal self in an immortal body, whereas Noob Saibot was resurrected as part of the Brotherhood Of Shadow.

Noob Saibot, on the other hand, IS tied to the Brotherhood Of Shadow, and could have an infused wraith spirit controlling him.

To me it seems VERY likely that Noob Saibot is possessed by a Brotherhood Of Shadow spirit.

Yes it is very possible but Noob is Noob.
Bi Han is dead, Scorpion killed him.
I don't see him going back to being Classic Subzero and Noob being it's own entity.
Just seems logical he would remain as Noob.

Noob Saibot, on the other hand, IS tied to the Brotherhood Of Shadow, and could have an infused wraith spirit controlling / possessing him.
Remember, Quan Chi is an evil sorcerer who could have easily done some voodoo shit to Sub-Zero, in order to turn him into Noob Saibot.

I could see a possible scenario in which Nightwolf kicks Noob Saibot into the Soulnado, freeing Noob Saibot of being possessed by the wraith, and he becomes Sub-Zero once again.
It's no THAT far fetched.

Think of it like the exorcist, where the girl goes back to being normal at the end. ;-)
This is a really valid point actually. The Brotherhood is a clan of demons, who takes mortals and turn them into demons in some way. If you remember, in the konquest mode of MK armageddon, in the Lin Kuei palace level, there is a cut scene which shows a member of the brotherhood turning the lin kuei to a demon/wraith.
Noob Saibot too could have been turned to a wraith/demon in similar fashion or using sorcery, so the contention regarding him having a symbiote is quite valid, even though I prefer Noob Saibot staying the same.

Yes it is very possible but Noob is Noob.
Bi Han is dead, Scorpion killed him.
I don't see him going back to being Classic Subzero and Noob being it's own entity.
Just seems logical he would remain as Noob.

Noob Saibot IS Noob Saibot in body, but he also has ALL of Bi-Han's memories.
The fight that he has against Cyber Sub-Zero proves that.
He remembers the costume that he used to wear, and recognizes his brother.
Bi-Han still exists within Noob Saibot.

EDIT:

Trust me, Noob Saibot is my favorite character of all time, but I'm just trying to bring out a possible scenario, which NRS could surprise us with.

I don't get it why people think Noob Saibot is actually 2 different entities.

For the millionth ****in time. Ed Boon has stated on Twitter (go search through it if you don't believe me.) And I've posted this quote in the 4th DLC Character discussion thread. Its in between page 190 and 200. He says that Noob and Saibot are 2 different people. So that's why people think he is 2 different people. BooYakasha!

Here is the quote straight from Ed Boons twitter feed.
The guy that created Noob Saibot says they are two people so what he says is canon.
"RT @only1mjp @noobde Amazing! Why are there two noobs? Noobde: No, no, no.... one is Noob, the other is Saibot."

Last edited by a moderator:
WHAT I HOPE THAT WILL HAPPEN:
When Nightwolf kicked Noob Saibot into the Soulnado, his soul got divided between good and evil.
This could make Bi-Han resurrect as human Sub-Zero, leaving Noob Saibot with the evil wraith spirit that Quan Chi put in him, when he turned him into Noob Saibot.
It could make Noob Saibot completely evil and seek to take over the NetherRealm, overthrowing Shinnok.
Being released from the grasp of the evil wraith (much like when Spiderman separated from the symbiote suit), Bi-Han realizes his faults and decides to join the EarthRealm warriors.

I'm liking this idea

Keep Cyber-Sub and let Frost be the new human Sub Zero.
Kuai Liang can return in his human form in a future DLC, but unrelated to the story.

Not much love for Frost, IDK why? I actually really liked her. She could tie into SZ's storyline even more by being proclaimed as BiHan and Kuai Liang's sister.

As far as the poll--Noob's personality split/attrition is a bad idea, Bi Han was always a self preservationist
a space/time transportal would just be DCU all over again :(
I think Cyber SZ as good as his fighting arsenal is, is a wasted character only put in to drive sails of Rain
So my answer is Keep Kuai Liang as SZ (even though I think Bi Han is a better fit) OR bring in a new SZ.

I say, after frost learns of Subzero's soul is captured by quan chi. She goes in a quest to capture it and restore his body with the aid of Raidens help. Raiden can also help rescue the lost souls since am sure he does not want quan chi tormeting or altring them.