Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Calactyte, awesome work! So much great detail here, all the designs look perfect to me. I think just the stone texture needs to be finer for greater distance, and a deeper embossing of the yin yang. Keep at it, can't wait to see this when it's finished.

Yes almost everything is looking great on the courtyard except that one piece I don't like but I won't go harping on it as he's already tired of me talking about it from previous times. :) But yeah, everything else is looking really good. I think the dragons in the back could use some more definition though.... deeper carving.

Also there could be some more texture to the walkway\platform.

It looks like it is headed in the right direction, sir. Well done. I especially like the pavilion.

Are those guards final? No offence, but they just don't seem to have the same level of quality as the rest of the props.

Is it me or does it seem shorter, length-wise, than the arcade version?
That's the first thing I noticed too. Calactyte your Throne Room, The Pit and Palace Gates are all 2700px
in width, and this one is 1960px. I love most of the visuals, but it looks like one jump backwards from the
start/fight screen and they're already hitting the end of the stage.

Last edited:
BTW, it's possible to separate drum track from the music in arcade MK1 (with Bridge M1). I guess, it might be great to replace old crappy drums with clean modern analogue. The main sequence must stay.

Courtyard looks not bad, however all front layers aren't full.
I expected that, there was incomplete rips in thread before anyways..

I don't think you guys need to be worried about the current length of the stage, it's still a WIP so I assume Calactyte posted it in this form to just show his progress.

BTW, it's possible to separate drum track from the music in arcade MK1 (with Bridge M1). I guess, it might be great to replace old crappy drums with clean modern analogue. The main sequence must stay.

All the music is being redone the same as the original, but with modern plugins for all the instruments.

So from what I understand, and based on the template badmouse sent, this stage is actually alot shorter than the others. I'll go back to take a look at what interloko sent though to make sure. It's an easy fix if it does happen to be longer. As for the other crits, I'll look into them. LOL at the Masked Guard comments. Yes he's lower quality. Placeholder only at this point. I've learned so much since when I created him.

EDIT: Woopse, I see the Interloko rips. Yeah I was pretty off. I'll fix that.

Last edited:
Another update:

-Level should be sized properly now.
-added detail to Golden Dragons
-added detail to foreground_plane
-fixed the Flags to have more contrast and to show more texture.

I still need to work on the Yin Yang (to add more depth and I think I'll change the Stone Slab reliefs to the left and right to have a better texture. It looks kind of blurry right now I think.

Masked Guards will be redone as soon as I finish the Monks (with clapping animation and all)

Courtyard_MK_HD.jpg

Another update:

-Level should be sized properly now.
-added detail to Golden Dragons
-added detail to foreground_plane
-fixed the Flags to have more contrast and to show more texture.

I still need to work on the Yin Yang (to add more depth and I think I'll change the Stone Slab reliefs to the left and right to have a better texture. It looks kind of blurry right now I think.

Masked Guards will be redone as soon as I finish the Monks (with clapping animation and all)

Courtyard_MK_HD.jpg

I like it ! Look just like original, but HD version . Well done calactyte , great work.
P.S. are you change and first post up pic's link , because the screen up and that look exactly the same

The stage looks impressive as hell, for the masked guards, maybe you could ask Bleed some help with the hands, they look too unreal, Raiden is looking super cool, I can see his resemblance with the original from MK1 even when he is not in the right position. Hopefully Bleed will take the slash in the "skirt" out (sorry for my poor English) to look closer to how he was in the arcade, or at least how we remember him in MK1.

I mean, regardless of the reasons we dont see the slash... the point is we dont see it in the original game, adding it would look like a new feature, like an alteration of the original outfit... just my opinion.

Great work so far calactyte.
I don't like the texture of the "wall" behind the guards and the dragons in these "walls" need more difinition IMO, same for the other thing whatever it is XD