Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Nah, you're quite wrong. I just expressed some concerns about progress.
MK1 isn't really large or complicated game.

Yeah, this is not a large game BUT ... let's not forget that if they switch to unreal or unity they will need to build ALL code, co-routines and systems that MK1 needs. From life bars and how they must behave to 2D shadow casting and command input buffer, not even mention reactions and collision detection. Those things DO NOT come pre-made in such engines. All they build up is things like resolutions manager, 3D object handlers, texture tools etc. Even though most games got life bars it's up to you to build even the system that will control when it drains out. And for last and the worse part: play around with variables not to overload the game. Long story short, it needs to be balanced cuz even the ram flow is up to the developer to look for.

To sum up, if they choose for a restart on such engines it won't be that easy at all. M.U.G.E.N. has all the things I mentioned above already set up(even the right number of variables). Basically all you gotta be worried about is the fighting system cuz the rest is controlled by the limits that M.U.G.E.N. imposes.

Not trying to fight here just showing the facts. I wish all lucky for them!

I don't know what Le@n said since I'm ignoring him. He basically doesn't exist for me. It's the best way to handle trolls I find. Don't worry MK community, trust that this project isn't dead and we're still working away.

99% of fan projects never get to completion. It sucks because fans' passion and knowledge allows such a high quality product to be made, almost always superior to what paid professionals on tight deadlines can do, but unfortunately the people involved in fan projects get burned out and frustrated with the amount of work needed and all the problems that occur. And since there's no deadlines or money involved, it can be hard to find the motivation and positivity to take the project all the way to completion.

This is not a criticism of you guys, I completely understand, but this project has already come so much further than 98% of fan projects get. I really hope you guys can reinvigorate yourselves to push on and finish. I know people keep claiming they are working on things, and maybe that's the truth, but the fact is we're not seeing many updates so it's pretty clear progress is at least slow. But again, don't see this as personal criticism, and instead try to find back some of that motivation and passion that led you to start the project. There's nothing wrong with taking a break, it can help relieve the frustration and gain new enthusiasm and energy, but it won't be a good experience for you in the long-term unless you actually push yourself to end the break at some point and try picking it up again and continuing. Otherwise it'll seem like a failure and a regret when you look back, rather than a challenge that was, eventually, successfully completed, despite the obstacles.

The biggest shame is that if only Netherrealm would consider working WITH you guys, professionals and fans working together, instead of being arrogant copyright killjoys and seeing you guys as the enemy, everyone would win. An amazing quality product fans that could bring profits and interest to Netherrealm too. Seems the video game industry learned nothing from Streets Of Rage Remake (which for anyone that doesn't know is an AMAZING fan project that was completed, and offered free to Sega so it could be sold officially. Sega declined and just hit the fans with legal threats). It's just so pathetic. Co-operation between fans and companies is the key, not "war".

Come on everyone, remember how far we've come and think of how great MK HD Remix will be, just keep going!

Who are the members of this team?
All the sprites - chars, stages, screenpack, lifebars - are they ready?

Last edited:
hey everyone! for us is really hard to stop working on what we love, but sometimes things are not as easy as it seems, for example... I'm a father and a full time... sorry EXTRA TIME architect and is not that sometimes I wanna take a break is that I have responsabilies and a family to take care of, I would love to work on this full time and provide updates everyday, but I can't.

sure, this is not the same situation with the other members of the team but is my KIND OF excuse offered to you guys wanting to see this project done, we do have A LOT, TRUST ME, A LOT of the game already made, but when we think we can go further something takes us back almost to where we started, as soon as I'm able to give any update trust me I WILL BE DOING IT with the same love and passion I've been posting for more than 5 years now.

regards

hey everyone! for us is really hard to stop working on what we love, but sometimes things are not as easy as it seems, for example... I'm a father and a full time... sorry EXTRA TIME architect and is not that sometimes I wanna take a break is that I have responsabilies and a family to take care of, I would love to work on this full time and provide updates everyday, but I can't.

sure, this is not the same situation with the other members of the team but is my KIND OF excuse offered to you guys wanting to see this project done, we do have A LOT, TRUST ME, A LOT of the game already made, but when we think we can go further something takes us back almost to where we started, as soon as I'm able to give any update trust me I WILL BE DOING IT with the same love and passion I've been posting for more than 5 years now.

regards

Great arq_hawkin, I love you still like this

Stages = 100%, screens = 60% remaining 40% is endings. Lifebars = 100% done. Characters, 60% done (this is what is incredibly time consuming).

Did you know that the Shang Tsung render/background for this game was used at the Video Game Show event in Brazil? Daniel Pesina is there, and posted this from his Twitter: