Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

I like the remix of the select screen Hanzo. One thought that came to mind though was that it needs to feel a little more intimidating. It's the electronic effects, I think reminds me of street fighter tunes.

Thanks for the input guys, i will try to make it a little bit darker and use the right instruments as soon as i can.

Great work Bleed!

OK, here is the important point.

I know that many peoples want to change things in the actual MK1 model but if we continue thinking in get better one model it will take forever, so...

Let's make the last Bleed's Scorpion like the final model and move prepare the model to be render and rig for start with some test animations.

About the other members will be nice if post in what are you working on.

BadMouse, working in the select screen graphics.
Bleed, Finish first Character Model, start with render test and rigging.

Last edit I made on Scorpion was to make the arms a little thicker and make the belt more straight. Next thing is to get him in to 3Dstudio max, rigged and textured.

WOW i'm a day without coming here and there are so great news!
here is the list MikeyMK posted but with some updates, tell me if there is something wrong.

Interloko: Programing
Bleed: 3D Modeling [Character]
Mortal Gojira: 3D Modeling [Character]
BadMouse: 3D Modeling [Stage] & UI
necroticart: UI
MikeyMK: Props/ Projectiles
MK9: Blood and Gore Effects.
ST3RL1NGXS1LV3R: Palette Swaps.
Hanzo: Music
Viking_Poodle: Music

ok, i've added necroticart in UI but he and badmouse may interact with each other.
added Hanso and Viking_Poodle for music. same as graphic artists, interact each other to see if someone can help with something to the other

as additional note i'll ask you for a favor. can you download the last mugen version (1.0) and test it?
the default resolution is 1280x720. with Ctrl+D you access to debugger and you can see a fps counter
mugenm.gif

http://elecbyte.com/mugen

Last edited:
MK:HD is going to run at 60 FPS? wow, But still a Graphics config. Option would be nice for those who have weak PC's. If thats Possible with MUGEN :)

Ok so my job offer was turned down, just something to show you, this is the quality of my rendering:

Click for deviantart. I pose the models and render them with blender (this was a pose created by someone else). If my job was accepted someone could send me models from Mugen and I could pose them and render them for Promo Pics, if any of the creators would like...

MK:HD is going to run at 60 FPS? wow, But still a Graphics config. Option would be nice for those who have weak PC's. If thats Possible with MUGEN :)
mk1 runs at 53 fps, this can be configured in mugen ;)
also i'll code it using localcoord so if you change the resolution it may work the same way
anyway, the idea is make it in HD

maybe when the project is finished we can enjoy it in mugen 1.1 (not released yet)
i have an alpha version for testing but sadly i can't share it (it's a "rule" for testing) but in 1.1 mugen uses graphic card for aceleration, so i think it will run smoother in many computers. the requirement for new renderer aceleration in 1.1 is opengl 2.0 or higher

Edit:
I pose the models and render them with blender (this was a pose created by someone else). If my job was accepted someone could send me models from Mugen and I could pose them and render them for Promo Pics, if any of the creators would like...
Maybe for endings, but this is model's creator decition

Last edited:
MKDaz, we are going to make it 100% for us, not use textures, models or other staff for other games also MK9.

here a pic of the new select screen. i reduce it to 50% for post here but is made in 1280x720.

MK1SS_HD_wip_2.png

click for see it with more details.

About the dragon i will work more in it and for the font we don't decide if use the old MK1 pixel font or a different one.

MKDaz, we are going to make it 100% for us, not use textures, models or other staff for other games also MK9.

here a pic of the new select screen. i reduce it to 50% for post here but is made in 1280x720.

MK1SS_HD_wip_2.png

click for see it with more details.

About the dragon i will work more in it and for the font we don't decide if use the old MK1 pixel font or a different one.
I know that, I didnt mean that the render I did was for this project, I meant if I had the model created for this project ect. I could create some renders for promo art or endings like interloko said.
Anyway nice work :)

1 more update. i make better the dragon and remake the classic font.

MK1SS_HD_wip_3.png

click for see the details of the pic. The pic is reduced size to 50%

i don't like the dragon of the last select screen. alsoneed to change the pl2 cursor putting the "2" in the lower part.
0000eb.png

i like the rest of the SS

ok, i put the "2" in the low part, fixed the dragon and make smaller the "choose your fighter"

So the Select Screen is DONE.

The next i will do is the Battle Plan.

Ok so my job offer was turned down, just something to show you, this is the quality of my rendering:
Click for deviantart. I pose the models and render them with blender (this was a pose created by someone else). If my job was accepted someone could send me models from Mugen and I could pose them and render them for Promo Pics, if any of the creators would like...

Ok, MKDaz, I think it would be fine if you did the poses for character endings, but you still need to ask the model creators (Bleed and Mortal Gojira), if it okay with them. You have fantastic posing and rendering skills, and it would be great for Promo pics like you mentioned.

Last edited:
1 more update. i make better the dragon and remake the classic font.

MK1SS_HD_wip_3.png

click for see the details of the pic. The pic is reduced size to 50%

Good work, the select screen looks really good. It has that original feel to it, yet so new, it's amazing. Will there be pause menus?

Ok, MKDaz, I think it would be fine if you did the poses for character endings, but you still need to ask the model creators (Bleed and Mortal Gojira), if it okay with them. You have fantastic posing and rendering skills, and it would be great for Promo pics like you mentioned.
Thanks =D Well if they agreed, I would have to convert the models to the format for the program I use... If that would be fine too :)