Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Now the stage is too long. lol I thought 2700x800 was the template?
Some parts won't be visible in the game. I believe the visible part will indeed be 2700px.
For example, on the arcade when you reach the end of the stage you see this:

2u8w38j.jpg

but there's more stage graphics, just not visible:

2941k5f.jpg

I love how the courtyard turn to be good and so damn AWESOME! , but the only thing that I can give critics of are the: dragon wall reliefs, fighting platform, and the dragon statue. .

For the dragon wall relief: I think the dragon should be kinda uhmm.. more bloated? more bulge? or maybe should be kinda more engraved .
For the fighting platform: The texture of it is kinda grungy filthy. .
For the dragon statue: I think it is too bright. . Or maybe it's just me ?

That's all. . The rest of the details are great! So good job on this calactyte . . !

I don't know much about this project but i haz a question:

Are you remaking MK1 only or are you going to try go for all 3 MK arcades? Good work :)

The Courtyard level seems to be progressing pretty well so far, but I have a few thoughts:

-As previously mentioned, the dragon relief in the stone walls in the background looks a little dodgy. The details look very soft for a stone carving.
-The temples in the background looks extremely blue. If their colour were that affected by the atmosphere, the temples would look a lot more dim as well. I think the dark colours and high contrast make them stick out, gives them too much visual priority too, especially considering how far back they ought to be.
-The perspective of the platform that the characters will be standing on is clashing badly with that of the low wall surrounding it. We see the top of the platform, and the ground behind the wall and the walls on the sides, but the centre wall is shown head-on with no perspective. The walls on the sides also connect higher up on the corner pillars than the centre wall does, making it all look even stranger. Furthermore, the perspective on the side walls and the edges of the main platform don't seem to line up, either. Finally the top of the corner pillars needs some adjusting; considering their height the perspective looks incorrect.

Once the monks and Shang is in place, and the guards are replaced with a more decent looking version, the stage will look real nice. :)

If I remember correctly, the mountains will be replaced with the better quality ones.
As far as I know the original game uses only this for Courtyard (and most of the stages):

2lvmgwk.jpg

No temples, and no mountains across the whole background.

Hey guys,

I just modified the Chara select texture, coz' I find one more realistic in my opinion. The texture was made by molim, a good stage maker. I just make a mockup with the existing image of jarvis653. What do you think of it ?

120103075123114263.png

The dragon is ugly, just don't care about it. It's just the global texture who is important ^^

Hey guys,

I just modified the Chara select texture, coz' I find one more realistic in my opinion. The texture was made by molim, a good stage maker. I just make a mockup with the existing image of jarvis653. What do you think of it ?

120103075123114263.png

The dragon is ugly, just don't care about it. It's just the global texture who is important ^^

To be completely honest, that texture just looks like white noise to me. It doesn't seem organic at all. Last I heard, Jarvis has yet to post a completed version of the select screen. (Obviously not including portraits.)

Congrats guys on the thread win thing!

Also, great eye there, Jiggeh! Those perspectives do look pretty bizarre.

Last edited:
Hey:)
Nice work, calactyte!
You must smoothen the place where props contact with the ground:)

Такая существенная разница в переводе :D

Nevermind

Мда, по-нашему звучит как-то.... правильнее. Но по-моему храмы там неплохо заполняют пустоту.

These temples look pretty nice as they fill the emptiness.

It doesn't look good to me. Very flat looking. I'm not seeing the realism that you are talking about.

Hey guys,

120103075123114263.png

xD Thanks guys
No, I just mean that the original texture looks like "flat looking", but of course if you want to make a realistic texture it's not ideal.
Ok so nevermind this change.

I've been thinking, and I believe I can replicate the portraits for select screen in HD, I only need one picture on a similiar position of the 3D model (finished). So let me know if you want my help and I will commit to replicate them 100% accurate.

Right now I could do Scorpion and Sub-Zero, so I only need a pic of the 3D model in a similar position and the right size you want to be the final size, then I'll make it match MK1 portrait.

These temples look pretty nice as they fill the emptiness.
There's enough other objects to fill it, like pavilion.)

let me know if you want my help and I will commit to replicate them
He never did charity work in past.. Carz will make portraits and then ask all your materials in return.
It's his style, everyone know that.

Thought I'd post this quickly since it was brought up.

sshddemo.png

This is pretty much the final, I just need to touch up the windows. Same texture's used for all other screens minus battle and versus. My best result at matching the original in HD, and also upscale-friendly unlike the last one. Overall I think it's pronounced enough to look good, but subtle enough to draw focus to the main elements instead of to itself.

Anyway everything's basically done for everything, I'll also post the in-game screen later today as I need to talk a bit about it.