Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Does anyone know where I could find MK1's sound and voice files? I had them all at one point, but something strange has happened to them.

Edit: Sorry, problem solved.

I think the best thing you could do is either hack the memory addresses yourself or ask Pugsy's team to create a cheat that disables the music. I have one that does the opposite, but we don't need the music. I'll mess around with the sound roms and see what I can rip.

Some harsh criticism for a change from me,

1st mistake is thinking you can get gameplay close to MK1 Arcade. If MUGEN has taught us anything over the years, you can't. In a tiny game like MK1, all you have is the gameplay. The art may be stunning, but its still MUGEN. Your going to alienate "Pro Gamers" with it. Ive been around MK MUGEN a loooong time, and I can tell you, NO ONE has gotten close to MK Gameplay AT ALL, Including Interloko. Bleeds chars are even farther from MK, more like tekken. I dont know that he has ever even attempted to make something MK Arcade like.

2nd mistake is thinking 5+ TRMK members is MK Kommunty. If "MK Fans" have taught us anything over the years, alot of them are boneheads. epecially at TRMK. With threads like My Little Pony, etc. I wonder why bleed ever stopped posting at MKMP or somewhere similar. You alienated MK MUGEN fans when you left and came here, where they typically shun MUGEN. calling this a Kommunity project sounds kind of stupid. its a TRMK project.

3rd mistake is dividing fanbase by saying for MK fans not MUGEN fans. Good thing this is a fan game, cause in real life that would cost you money. Bro, I get what your saying, but it came out pretty much predjudice sounding. Again, its like spitting in the face of the "kommunity" thing.

As for the quote unquote 'MK Fans' here. They kind of make me sick. Alot of them say 'our' project... or 'we' should..... Cmon, they arent doing anything but commenting!! yet they act like they have some ownership. Some TRMK members have been very intelligent and respectful, but as of recent its gotten pretty bad. even going so far as to say its closedsource and ppl are whinning. I aksed interloko and he answered probably, i envited a discussion about pros vs cons, TRMK members just started saying its closed and thats how it is. They no longer sound intelligent, but more like noobs in the community. Its sad to see that they already have FIREBOY mentality and have never done anything to the MK MUGEN community, that as far as i can tell, just fell in their lap.

Im pretty much done following this game, as my sole purpose was to try and unite some MK fans and some MK MUGEN fans, Hey its what I do. I could care less if its moleboxed or not, as i dont edit or make shit for mugen, I was the ONE player of mugen in our community. I was really only trying to give good ideas and opinions, to help this game for the better. No one is going to REPLAY a MUGEN MK1 Remake.

Is there some turf war I don't know about?

You kept distinguishing TRMK "Members" like they were their own community apart from a "proper" MK Kommunity. Then the Mugen community is its own thing too. I'm just genuinely confused. I don't really keep up with these things.

To be honest, I don't care about Mugen, TRMK, or any other apparent sub-faction. This thread was the only reason I made an account here. I'm just a fan of the games and have wanted to see an HD version for a long time. I think the intention has been to keep the game from endorsing TRMK, Mugen, etc. That's just how I see it.

Last edited:

1st mistake is thinking you can get gameplay close to MK1 Arcade. If MUGEN has taught us anything over the years, you can't. In a tiny game like MK1, all you have is the gameplay. The art may be stunning, but its still MUGEN. Your going to alienate "Pro Gamers" with it. Ive been around MK MUGEN a loooong time, and I can tell you, NO ONE has gotten close to MK Gameplay AT ALL, Including Interloko. Bleeds chars are even farther from MK, more like tekken. I dont know that he has ever even attempted to make something MK Arcade like.

2nd mistake is thinking 5+ TRMK members is MK Kommunty. If "MK Fans" have taught us anything over the years, alot of them are boneheads. epecially at TRMK. With threads like My Little Pony, etc. I wonder why bleed ever stopped posting at MKMP or somewhere similar. You alienated MK MUGEN fans when you left and came here, where they typically shun MUGEN. calling this a Kommunity project sounds kind of stupid. its a TRMK project.

3rd mistake is dividing fanbase by saying for MK fans not MUGEN fans. Good thing this is a fan game, cause in real life that would cost you money. Bro, I get what your saying, but it came out pretty much predjudice sounding. Again, its like spitting in the face of the "kommunity" thing.

As for the quote unquote 'MK Fans' here. They kind of make me sick. Alot of them say 'our' project... or 'we' should..... Cmon, they arent doing anything but commenting!! yet they act like they have some ownership. Some TRMK members have been very intelligent and respectful, but as of recent its gotten pretty bad. even going so far as to say its closedsource and ppl are whinning. I aksed interloko and he answered probably, i envited a discussion about pros vs cons, TRMK members just started saying its closed and thats how it is. They no longer sound intelligent, but more like noobs in the community. Its sad to see that they already have FIREBOY mentality and have never done anything to the MK MUGEN community, that as far as i can tell, just fell in their lap.

Im pretty much done following this game, as my sole purpose was to try and unite some MK fans and some MK MUGEN fans, Hey its what I do. I could care less if its moleboxed or not, as i dont edit or make shit for mugen, I was the ONE player of mugen in our community. I was really only trying to give good ideas and opinions, to help this game for the better. No one is going to REPLAY a MUGEN MK1 Remake.

See, the thing about being entitled to talk about something is actually knowing what it is you're talking about, which you don't. You absolutely, unquestionably can (and will) get gameplay extremely close to the original MK1. I've seen it, and I've seen MK2. But am I entitled to say that? Considering I've analyzed the MK engines for what's going on a decade, know some of the original game devs personally and has seen the work of the people involved with the hit box related aspect of this project, yes I can.

Your pathetic attempt to downplay TRMK's 15 year significance is exactly that, pathetic. The humorous "My Little Pony" threads you're referring to are equal to the humorously abysmal quality MK games you people have put out over the years that have stained the name of Mugen and it's capabilities debatedly beyond repair. This was and is not the only place the project is being discussed, so as interloko said, it's an MK community project.

The game is for MK fans. Homer Simpson will not be in this game, and Scorpion will not do that tilt-a-whirl spear throw you're hoping for so bad. That would be for Mugen fans, this is a Mortal Kombat game for Mortal Kombat fans.

I'd love to continue this discussion but I refuse to waste my time on someone of such little intelligence who is so blind to their own work believes anything not in their favor is justifiably some sort of attack. Especially when they make delusionaly hypocritical comments about how the people here aren't true "MK fans" when the little bit we've accomplished so far blows the majority of Mugen games out of the water.

Quit talkin' about intelligence with grammar like that, fool. Are you 12?

Something clearly has left you bitter towards this community. Bashing the work of others because it doesn't make the standard that you have set for it doesn't mean others won't enjoy the hard work those involved have donated towards the project thus far.

You're no better than anyone in here. Step down from your pedestal, child.

For the record, and a broken one at that since this isn't the first time I've said it, I've actually played interloko's work before and it's borderline indistinguishable from the original MK's. The, "I've seen the work" comment I spit out earlier didn't just mean I've seen it. There's a reason I praise him as much as I do.

@Mugenkombat

Thats not criticism, thats butt hurt. This project has a group of infinitely talented individuals working together to recreate a game a lot of us loved. Is it a great game by todays standards? No, but its a game a lot of people enjoyed and still play. It's something I've been lurking on because I don't have the skills to contribute to but I am glad they are going for a "pure" recreation MK1 and I fully hope they can find the time and patience to finish this project and soldier on with the other games as well (I can't wait to see how MKII would look under thier vision).

You seem like you wanted this to go in a completley different area and are sore that its not the game you want. If the creators don't want to share thier work (like so many in the Mugen community don't)they don't have to. You act like your so hip and skilled with mugen, then why don't you get a team together and make the MK recreation you want?

Terry master is the type im talking about "what WE'VE accomplished" brother, what have YOU doen?

i have more than earned my right to comment on MK and MK MUGEN. I dont need to prove anything to you.

MKII shadows of the past? The game that doesnt push player out of a corner when opponet blocks LK etc?

Tilta-whirl spear throw? yeah that was created by bleed. And I havent asked for shit in this project, just gave ideas.

This is the only place ppl post about the project for over 1 month now.

My grammer is fine XD

More than what you can fathom. Cause everything that's going on in this thread publicly are the only things going on right? Thanks for the laughs man. I wasn't going to reply to someone beneath me, but this guy's entertaining - a downright joke.

The only thing you've earned is a ban. Ignorance is bliss eh?

My grammEr is fine XD

Just an update: got a face sculpt that resembles Elizabeth Malecki. Tested it out with some blendshapes and copied some facial expressions from a youtube video. It's still going to take some time so no pics of it for a while but glad that progress went well. Just need to make a few more tweaks... then it's all about adding pores and textures. Now that I know that, I can take a small break and continue working on the body/cloth. No pics yet, since I want to show a WIP when it's more presentable. btw Bleed you can tell that its Carlos, just a few more tweaks here and there! Great progress!

I'm gonna go ahead and reopen this since RLK's not on and I don't want to see people deterred from this thread over something like this. Please just keep the bashing and quarrels off of this thread (and the forum in general for that matter). Other posts along these lines will result in deletion or infractions.

Just thought I'd make a quick comment. The work that you guys have put into this project is remarkable. My only question is HOW DO YOU FIND THE TIME TO DO IT??!?!?!?!?!? Lol
Keep up the good work.

If you think our community is full of 'boneheads'....hey, you post at TRMK as well =)

Please don't generalize an entire population of people. You don't know anything about anyone here and your post was rather insulting and immature.

~Thanks =)