Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

We would be using their name and ideas. I'd come up with something original, to be on the safe side.

If it was possible to get a studio going and make some cash off this, I'd be interested. That's been like a dream of mine since for ever.

That's good for this one, still looks kind of stiff, but I've already spent too much time on it. Moving on to the next animation, I think an attack.

It is moving fast to match the timing in the game, 8 tics per key pose.

sprites are in drop box, Scorpion.zip
MK1Scorp_dizzy_02.gif

Last edited:
Can't wait to see the final product...seems like it's going to be great!!!! When the product is finished...are you going to post some of the gameplay material?

Yeah I'll keep posting video updates, and hopefully the game for download if we get that far.

Last edited:
Well, I'm looking into it. Kickstarter is the way to go. Perhaps we'll finish this game (without Kickstarter) and then use it as a platform to promote a game studio.

Just to give you an idea of how a simple idea can get funded:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/massiveblack/zombie-playground-zpg-3d-action-online-battle-rpg

Bleed you are the man. I'd love to see the upper cut and maybe start on special moves? Like spear toss and teleport? I feel like those animations won't take long at all.

We would be using their name and ideas. I'd come up with something original, to be on the safe side.

If it was possible to get a studio going and make some cash off this, I'd be interested. That's been like a dream of mine since for ever.

That's good for this one, still looks kind of stiff, but I've already spent too much time on it. Moving on to the next animation, I think an attack.

It is moving fast to match the timing in the game, 8 tics per key pose.

sprites are in drop box, Scorpion.zip
MK1Scorp_dizzy_02.gif

Wow that looks really interesting, may be worth a try.

For now, I feel that we need more polish as a team, in order to take on something like that. Man power, knowledge and speed.

Or maybe I'm afraid to jump in head first...

Anyway, I'll get the moves in to do the spear combo.

Jump kick, spear, uppercut

I agree. But I also know that if we don't take the lead, the type of people we'd need won't be interested. You have to build something to get people to trust and want to join the effort. I feel that with this game we are establishing ourselves here a bit.

Of course it is all meaningless if we can't finish.

Wow that looks really interesting, may be worth a try.

For now, I feel that we need more polish as a team, in order to take on something like that. Man power, knowledge and speed.

Or maybe I'm afraid to jump in head first...

Anyway, I'll get the moves in to do the spear combo.

Jump kick, spear, uppercut

Kickstarter is definately an interesting thought. I moonlight as an indie film composer and TONS of indie flick's budgets come from Kickstarter or similar processes. It does seem a bit risky to involve money in this project at all, but for an upstarting indie game studio it's a great idea. I'd love to be involved in something like that!

Cool, well you could start jotting down some ideas. I already have something in mind, I'm always keeping notes.

The uppercut is working now in mugen, but I'll need to play with the animation a little more to match the active frames.

I need to know how long he should keep the arm up in the active frame. I'm blending from that frame to the recovery frame, but I don't know how many tics I have to work with.

I'm guessing around 6 tics where the move is active / can hit.

Right now I have it at 2 tics, because the blend is happening too early. It looks fine and I'm landing 100% of the time, but I'm pretty sure the timing is not right.

Last edited:
I'll do that, The pose is held for 10 tics, but I wonder if it can it hit during all that time?

The way I set up attacks, is with two frames of the same pose. The first 4 tics are active and the rest are for recovery. That way you don't get a late hit.

With the 3D model, I would keep the arm up during the first 4 tics, and blend to the next pose with the other 6.

[EDIT] Never mind I found a solution, I'll just hold that hit pose for 10 tics, and play the recovery animation at double speed. Animation plays a little different, but the active frames don't change from the game, and I get to keep the blending frames. The animation time overall doesn't change.

Anybody else working on something? Feels like I'm talking to my self...

Last edited:
Uppercut can hit just 1 tic

About the work in progress i'll probably be making a huge progress in coding next month, so please keep doing the animations, you are faster every time :)

Alright sounds good, but I'm confused about the 1 tic you say. I did a little test where I crouch both characters near each other. Do the uppercut with one and an instant later, allow the other character stand up.

It's to see how long Scorpion will be in that active hit frame, and still make contact when the enemy comes within range of the hit box.

I got 5 tics, but it's hard to time it, so I think it's the entire 10 tics that frame is visible.

Bleed, keep in mind that for more arcade accuracy you should also include the uppercut "freeze" after a successful hit. All fighters where standing with their hand extended more time, after they had successfully hit the opponent. The recovery frames started after the opponent was starting to fall downwards.