Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

I'm a little late to the party on this one, but very nice job on the Courtyard theme, Justin. Taking "artistic license" is always more interesting than just straight up redoing it. Hope to hear more stuff later on.

Thanks KaneRobot. I'm glad you liked what you heard.:)

@Grid, at this point I'm just making the themes the way I want to hear them. Obviously direct imitation isn't my thing. I could do it, but I just don't enjoy it.

I think the notion of a simple "Remix" option for the music would be best, that way everyone can have the MK1 experience they want. I'm so happy that so many people have liked what I've offered so far. Hopefully we can figure out a way of getting both both the classic versions and the Remixes in the game and still keeping everyone happy.

I just wanted to shoot a quick update, I'm working on TEST YOUR MIGHT arena. It is coming along nicely, I should have something to show within the next two days.

calactyte, i know i said that will make warrior shrine, i test a lot the lighting and camera angle, etc and looks pretty different that yours.

I used your parts but the render setting are different. I think will be better that you make it, cause the 50% of the parts you all ready have done. and will be better that they stay in the same position that on other stages like palace gates or test your might.

If you can make it and you need any part just let me know. I really running out of time so i really can't make time to work on it :(

I changed the Raiden model to real time poly count, like Scorpion. It was taking too long to model all the details, I can work on that High poly version on the side.

Last edited:
calactyte, i know i said that will make warrior shrine, i test a lot the lighting and camera angle, etc and looks pretty different that yours.

I used your parts but the render setting are different. I think will be better that you make it, cause the 50% of the parts you all ready have done. and will be better that they stay in the same position that on other stages like palace gates or test your might.

If you can make it and you need any part just let me know. I really running out of time so i really can't make time to work on it :(

Hi Badmouse,

Ok I understand what you mean, no problem. Can you finish up GORO's Lair though? You have to be just about finished with that now right?

I'm trying out some different ways to make the topology flow.

the large model is based on tubes for the most part, the arms alone is following the shape of the model more.

both have a mesh smooth added, which doubles the polygon count to smooth it out.

Raiden_retopo_01.jpg

calactyte, np for GL, only i have left a bit of photoshop.
bleed, the down version looks more flowed edges. i like how it looks.

Visually I see no real difference between the two of them. You don't appear to be losing normal map definition. I would think that the silhouette you create and the edge flow being in the right area for the joints to bend properly would be the most important.

I'm trying out some different ways to make the topology flow.

the large model is based on tubes for the most part, the arms alone is following the shape of the model more.

both have a mesh smooth added, which doubles the polygon count to smooth it out.

Raiden_retopo_01.jpg

Visually I see no real difference between the two of them. You don't appear to be losing normal map definition. I would think that the silhouette you create and the edge flow being in the right area for the joints to bend properly would be the most important.

Test your might arena:

TESTYOURMIGHT_HD.jpg

Hey all,

Some of you know me, some may not. I am ]{0MBAT from the Kombat Pavilion, also a contributor to MK Online. I just thought I would come by to express my support for this project. Besides coming up with my own creations or even assisting others with ripping content for theirs, I've always been into just generally following what the MK fan community is up to. I especially have come to appreciate quality productions such as this. I probably don't have anything valuable to contribute, but I fully endorse what you all have come up with and admire your skills and dedication.

As a side note, one fan project often serves as inspiration for another. For instance, back when I did sprite my comics, I used a background ripped from Interloko's MK Project 4.1.

Rather than try and rip-off or clone what folks like Interloko have done, I'd rather pay homage, even if in a subtle way.

Anyway, I can tell that this MK1 HD project, should it reach completion, will be something that MK fans will want to actually play - not just edit, but to actually enjoy it for what it is. Additionally, I believe this game will serve as the inspiration for many other valuable MK fan creations. Possibly art, comics, animations, videos - who's to say?

Keep up the great work, and I will lurk this thread from time to time as I can't wait to see what other gems you all produce.

@calactyte

After comparing your stage with the original there is quite a few differences.
Now, I'm not saying you should necessarily change every one of these details,
because your TYM arena looks very good right now as it is.

So here goes, I'll first show it in on the screenshot of the original game:

dnhhxh.jpg

1. Dragons are not actually mirrored, and they don't have tongues
(also, your background inside the dragon circle is too dark)

2. Central big pillar is standing alone, it's not connected via walls to other pillars.
The walls actually end on the smaller pillars. And it looks like you are missing a
rectangle base of the central big pillar on the bottom.

3. Carvings on the stone table left and right of the dragon

4. You are missing two red railings in the back

5. The floor looks like it has some sort of path way on it or something.

Few other crits regarding your pic:
- The wall under the pillars on the far right looks bad, I really don't like the texture on it.
- Flag on the left looks too transparent, like you can actually see the clound behind through it.
- Dragons on tables should be more visable, on the original game when you break object, "camera"
shakes and you can see the whole dragon almost:

qyv475.jpg

One more thing - the perspective is different on your version, it looks like your "camera" is
positioned higher than the original. Not sure how that will look once you put a fighter behind
the table. Maybe they'll look unnatural like they have very short legs?

There, I hope I didn't come off as too critical.

EDIT: I just realized you based your TYM arena on canceled MKHDAK work
and not on the original game. It looks good nevertheless.

Last edited:
Hi ]{0MBAT,

Actually, i ripped all the sprites of this stage, edit on photoshop and make the stage for MKP ;)

Im BadMouse, or in the spanish way RatonMalo