Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

I'm doing okay with that technique of timing it like it is in Mame, so I think it'll work for you too. I would start adding keys every 5 frames or less when it comes time for tweaking. So you can have it with more detail like you want, but later after you match the timing in the game and have that looking pretty good.

The motion curves control how much a joint will translate or rotate in a given direction.

You need them for smoothing out the animation and altering the timing of the tweens. It's VERY important to know how to use them, it makes a big difference. Check some videos on youtube, or make a ball and move it around, change the curves and see what happens.

Another thing is they give you much finer control. It's like in sculpting, you make the large details first, which would be like blocking out the animation with key frames. Last you sculpt the really fine details, which is like using the curve editor to polish the animation.

Last edited:
Guy Johnny Cage was incredible really fantastic, congratulations on the work bleed. I hope one day arrive at this level. Arq, the Liu Kang that you did this ever better continue as well. As for me, I made some corrections to the Sonya, but there are still other corrections to be made. At the time I put the skeleton of Sonya to test their positions, in brief i pose new images even more.View attachment 5185

Nice, in case it doesn't come to mind, you'll need some twist bones for the upper arms 2, forearms 2-3 and thighs 2.

Arms and legs need IK / FK blending, or it'll be near impossible to animate martial arts.

I'm doing okay with that technique of timing it like it is in Mame, so I think it'll work for you too. I would start adding keys every 5 frames or less when it comes time for tweaking. So you can have it with more detail like you want, but later after you match the timing in the game and have that looking pretty good.

The motion curves control how much a joint will translate or rotate in a given direction.

You need them for smoothing out the animation and altering the timing of the tweens. It's VERY important to know how to use them, it makes a big difference. Check some videos on youtube, or make a ball and move it around, change the curves and see what happens.

Another thing is they give you much finer control. It's like in sculpting, you make the large details first, which would be like blocking out the animation with key frames. Last you sculpt the really fine details, which is like using the curve editor to polish the animation.

I will try again the animation, with 60fps and will work with the curves, let's see how far will I go

Using motion curves is absolutely vital to getting smooth, natural motions. Adding keyframes to fix something that looks a little off is basically doing the exact opposite; if you have too many keyframes it's a lot easier to end up with jittery movement instead of actually fixing the underlying issues. You want to save keyframes for when it's absolutely necessary - IE key poses - and then use the curves to control how each body part moves in and out of those positions. When animating it's generally a good idea to start blocking out the most extreme poses in an animation first, let the tweening do as much of the work as possible, and then successively add keyframes as necessary.

@Bleed Now that Johnny Cage is looking so fantastic, can you pose Scorpion with Cage's head for Scorpion's ending? Also before starting on a second animation can you render out Cage's character portrait so that MrMos3s can stay busy with retouching those two items? I'm just trying to avoid bottle necks in the process.

Oh my bad, I counted 1 tic less for each frame.

I changed the timing now, good eye.

[edit]

I think that's it, I'll move to another animation now.

The head swings a little more, the timing on the arms is offset from the body slightly. The breathing is changed also, inhale when moving up, exhale when moving down. Each key frame was moved up one tic on the timeline.

You can see the sprites larger on my site, photobucket shrinks them if the file size is too large.

http://gabrielmelendez.weebly.com/johnny-cage.html

This looks really good Bleed, another great job!

Here's the Rig, and I'm using biped, didn't like how Cat was working.

You have the basic biped with some twist bones for the arms and legs.

Extra bones I added to fix the knees, elbows, shoulders, scapula.

The one on the right has the stretchy bones on it, that help simulate the muscle groups. Some are just to keep the mesh from collapsing, like on the hips.

Here's the Rig, and I'm using biped, didn't like how Cat was working.

You have the basic biped with some twist bones for the arms and legs.

Extra bones I added to fix the knees, elbows, shoulders, scapula.

The one on the right has the stretchy bones on it, that help simulate the muscle groups. Some are just to keep the mesh from collapsing, like on the hips.

Great this will help.

Looks like Johny Cage in a suit. :)

I know what you were trying to do there, but it worked with Arcade because of distorted graphics, here it looks crystal clear.

Definitely will need retouching regarding the facial structure...Maybe make him bald? D:

P.S the details seem to be missing on the yellow cloth? (folds and stuff)

I don't know why they never used a different guy to pose for that ending photo. It really is like Scorpions secret identity is Johnny Cage.

I turned the bump mapping off on the cloth, because it was giving me some strange results. That can be added pretty easy in Photoshop.

Original:

34zk9zq.jpg

Yours is pretty damn close already Bleed.

I agree some changes could be made to his face so he's not the spitting image of Cage. Small changes on the nose, maybe cheekbones or a bit darker hair should be enough to change the likness I think. Easily done in photoshop.