Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Thanks. And the darker look just came from lighting. I will do my best to make sure and keep that "eyeless" look.

Think I have the sculpt completed. Only missing the sash. Had texture issues, but an easy fix:

goro24.jpg

Thanks. And the darker look just came from lighting.

Really? In that "Goro Lives!" render it totally looked like you had painted his eye sockets a bit darker.

Again, great job man. This guy is gonna beat the shit out of me and I'm gonna love it! For a few times...

That fricken Gif with the animated eyes scared the bejesus out of me! wtf?!

Last edited:
@AntrAcsA He will be more angry looking when animated. I try to keep the models as expressionless as possible. In this case, I may have added too much emotion in his face. But don't worry, it'll be there.

@Justin Slaughter haha thanks. Yeah, it was because I did a composite render, and all the layers kinda blended together to give off that look. I promise, he will have shadows around his eyes.

@AntrAcsA He will be more angry looking when animated. I try to keep the models as expressionless as possible. In this case, I may have added too much emotion in his face. But don't worry, it'll be there.

@Justin Slaughter haha thanks. Yeah, it was because I did a composite render, and all the layers kinda blended together to give off that look. I promise, he will have shadows around his eyes.

Oh, i see :D Ok , good work, Goro look amazing. The best 3D Goro in MK games so far !

I must say, I just noticed how little room Goro has for his junk in those tight panty things he wears. Looks like the guy has nothing going on down there. Perhaps he should have a bit more bulge? Or is that just too far?

:/

I must say, I just noticed how little room Goro has for his junk in those tight panty things he wears. Looks like the guy has nothing going on down there. Perhaps he should have a bit more bulge? Or is that just too far?

:/

He no need anything down there. Goro has four huge hands with three large fingers :D

Looking at the latest picture of Goro, I noticed that the innermost part of his lower arm biceps look somewhat rubbery; the way the elbow area is so much thicker than the shoulder area just looks a bit funny. I'm also wondering whether the wrapping on his feet should perhaps have a little more detail, but I dunno.

Bleed, the blocking animation looks good, but the way the loincloth hangs when frozen on the "blocking" frame looks odd, since it's not hanging straight it really looks as if he's frozen in motion rather than taking an actual stance.

It wasn't bad idea to change copyrights in Title..
What I also don't like on picture with Goro - background isn't very similar.
Spor_MK created his own version, which looks close to MK1.

gorobyspor.jpg

This will be very stupid..

Impressive !!

Mortal Gojira, great work with Goro, but his face is really strange.
He must have a Lower head/forehead, a wider mouth, bigger/wider eyes, higher ears, eyes and "eyebrows" inclined upwards.

I've made a quick example:
fu6ww8.png

You've got the eye of the tiger out there mister! Nice observation . . !

I made the hold frame a little longer, so if you hold block it doesn't just stop so fast. After that extension it looks like this..

I'll see if I can find some time for Raiden's head tomorrow.

MK1_HD_Scorpion_StandBlock_02.gif

Yeah! awesome ! keep it going ! B.t.w. how many percentage is the development of Scorpion?

Thanks. And the darker look just came from lighting. I will do my best to make sure and keep that "eyeless" look.

Think I have the sculpt completed. Only missing the sash. Had texture issues, but an easy fix:

goro24.jpg

Woah! you know what is nice, and massive? that is you ! haha!

@Gojira, just some quick crit. Firstly your Goro is looking fantastic, very nice progress on it man. However with the most recent update you posted, the top of the head could still be squashed down IMO. The example Caru posted is pretty close, if you could modify it to something similar then I think it'd be perfect. I think the less human and more monstrous he is, the better.

Also, when you're done with the model and pose on the attract screen, and when Badmouse is done with the rays background, could both of you guys please send me your work as I'll need to lay the text over it. Anyway keep up the good work, keen to see more.

if you could make this game
I don't like this suggestion, GameMaker isn't good choice for MK.

Sonya Char Study via MKMW
And Draxxon.. Read rules before share pictures here.
- Not allow to post materials from forum without permission.

Last edited:
For me, even when I was a kid, I knew MK, some of MK characters are rip off from the movie " Big Trouble In Little China" :)
Here's where came the idea for Raiden
largebigtroubleinlittle.jpg

800bigtroubleinlittlech.jpg

That must be liu kang and hist stage

btilcde1.jpg

Goro ?
big_trouble_in_little_china_02.jpg

Shang Tsung
big_trouble_in_little_china_xl_01-film-a.jpg

jameshong.jpg

Or listen to music, is it sound familiar?
, but that is other topic :p

Last edited:
MK had many many influences over the years, BloodSport, StarWars, etc, etc. Not sure what bearing this has on this project.

Also about NRS not doing an MK game next, this is great for you guys. If they were making MKHDAK, or any MK game, that might have had negative effects on your project. Since they arent making one, there cant really be a conflict of interest, or "steal the thunder" from their game. Also MK fans are notorious for following progress on the next MK, maybe the MK fans will choose to follow progress on you alls game. Your project can fill the "gap" of no MK. That is, unless, it takes you guys 5 years to make it. XD

Last edited: