Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Spawn16

I was contacted by some people that have been trying to get some work on HD sprites of old mortal kombat games.An HD revival through mugen is maybe possible.They asked me to create this thread so they can get organised and ask for help in their work.Everyone who has info and can give help please respond

count with me as coder. i have an umk3 engine running very close to the original game (physics, velocities, etc.)

Guys, it looks like someone on Mortal Kombat Online is doing something similar to us. They're making 3D sprites based on MK1 and MK2, but we can beat them to it! I'll try to get some Scorpion sprites done this weekend. School started so unfortunately I don't have much time, but I will put as much time into this as I can.

Guys, it looks like someone on Mortal Kombat Online is doing something similar to us. They're making 3D sprites based on MK1 and MK2, but we can beat them to it! I'll try to get some Scorpion sprites done this weekend. School started so unfortunately I don't have much time, but I will put as much time into this as I can.

How about try and work with them as well? You'll have much more staff to work on this project!

I bet a thousand other people could do this but I would not mind beta testing.

How about try and work with them as well? You'll have much more staff to work on this project!

I bet a thousand other people could do this but I would not mind beta testing.

Good suggestion, but for some reason the forum topic their project was on closed, so I can't find it anymore. I can only find pics on Google images of the character renders, and nothing else.

I would love to do the 3d models if you guys want to go that route. But just know I have no clue how the Mugen process works. Here is an example of my work:
attachment.php

If you stop on 3D models, I'm out. With 3D models we already have a fine MK9.
If you decide to re-cinema new actors, i'll join the project and do my best. I'm currently making my small project in Mugen, so, can be useful ;)

I would love to do the 3d models if you guys want to go that route. But just know I have no clue how the Mugen process works. Here is an example of my work:
attachment.php
awesome work. can you try to make the big mk sub bosses?
mugen use 2D sprites. the actual version of mugen (1.0) only supports 8 bits images.
mugen 1.1 can handle 24 and 32 bits images, i'm beta tester of it, so i can make test on it.

Yeah, that's cool. It'll fun as hell to sculpt Goro or Kintaro and the the like. I'd imagine once they're animated they will be converted into sprites, and that's where I'm lost. Thanks for the good words btw

Then is that it for my part? After animation, do I just send the rendered files to you? And if so, I'm guessing movie files are ok like .mov or .avi, or would the batch rendered files be better so frames can be more controlled?

i think a batch rendered would be better. an uncompressed avi is too big to send/upload

some questions about resolution:
mk games are like 400x254.. is 4:3
what resolution should we use? 4:3 or 16:9?

another thing is shang tsung.. in my project i have him with all the morphs, but it's in low res.
to do it i put all the sprites in a single graphic file, i think make this in hd is too much, maybe for mk1 is ok but for umk3...
anyway, i think it's posible like umk3 but with loading times before the match
or i can make a morph system like in mk9

What about if we focus on just MK one? 9(10 if we want to include Ermac) characters, with I think just 7 backgrounds. Should be pretty smooth, right? and 16:9 would be nice.

attachment.php

Great work! I actually only have Klssic Ninja models, and the other characters in MKvsDC and MK9 form. Would you be able to do some of the MK1 characters, (Liu Kang, Kano, Sonya, Raiden)? I think for now it would be best to focus mainly on MK1 before anything else.

Its nice to see so many people want to help out on this project!