Page 666 of 666 FirstFirst ... 166566616656662663664665666
Results 13,301 to 13,313 of 13313

Thread: Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Shaolin Monk
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Re: Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Quote Originally Posted by Taka View Post
    Personally I play all my games in PC (I even rebought many of the games I had in my xbox so I have everything in one place) and I'm not a big spender so I'd pay up to 20 bucks for it, but I'm sure people could easily pay 30 bucks for it or more.

Whoever played MK I or II back in the day would love to play them again, but right now:

- It's not that easy to buy a copy of the old games (the Arcade Kollection was removed from steam over GFWL issues, its HD version got cancelled).

- Those old graphics are a turn off and I couldn't find good mods for them like I did for other games.

- Other MUGENs aren't that much of improvement or too freestyle (sometimes removing original characters they don't like, adding new ones) and you might have to install them from an unknown website (that's begging for a virus).

In my opinion the key is keeping the game close to the original ones, including the story, and adding those beautiful graphics you have here.
    Thanks for the detailed response, and noted. So favorite platform is Steam PC. Price point you'd be willing to spend is $19.99. Yeah I think that's a fair price. Right and keep it close to the original, but maybe add some new things optional for people who need some more reasons to come back and play besides graphics.

New Kombatant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No problem. Yeah, I think that'd work, specially if you add new things as secret-ish/unlockable content, which is something that in my opinion made MK even more interesting back in the day. But I would add new content that adds to the story rather than being all over the place. For example I would be for adding Fujin or Kenshi or a new scenario rather than adding Robocop or Wonder Woman or a car racing minigame.

Personally the thing I miss alot are the digitized sprites, what you have in those videos is just perfect (quality, size, animation, background). And I'd play the original games for the story too, every time a new MK comes out I like to start over.

I was never too much into the new drawn, big characters, or the crossover characters like Predator, or the 3D movement, or the weapons.. I think the only thing I like from the latest MKs are the X-Ray moves, other than that... That's why I think I'd be more interested in playing what you're doing rather than many of the post-MK3 versions, but that's just my opinion.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Taka For This Useful Post:

Shaolin Monk
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Awesome yeah I think we're on the same page.

Kombatant
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by calactyte View Post
    I'm curious, if this were ever kickstarted where we could in theory pay to license the Mortal Kombat property, (total pipe dream) how much would you be willing to pay for it at retail? What platforms would you most like to see it on? I'm opening this question to everyone.
    Unfortunately I don't think you'd be able to kickstart to get the license. We recently had a conversation with several folks in WB as well as NRS and any type of crowd sourcing would immediately involve Legal. We asked about having the funds sent right to them, but it was still a huge No-No.

We were only inquiring about doing a book - but the license they quoted us on to use the MK property was 50,000$. This was last month when we had this talk.

I think you guys are in the same boat we are with the MK Encyclopedia, sadly.

Shaolin Monk
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_arts View Post
    Unfortunately I don't think you'd be able to kickstart to get the license. We recently had a conversation with several folks in WB as well as NRS and any type of crowd sourcing would immediately involve Legal. We asked about having the funds sent right to them, but it was still a huge No-No.

We were only inquiring about doing a book - but the license they quoted us on to use the MK property was 50,000$. This was last month when we had this talk.

I think you guys are in the same boat we are with the MK Encyclopedia, sadly.
    Yikes yeah that's why I said it was a pipe dream. Well it sounds like they'd allow you to crowd source the money to raise 50K and then pay I guess WB legal for the license. Is that what you're in the process of doing?

Kombatant
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by calactyte View Post
    Yikes yeah that's why I said it was a pipe dream. Well it sounds like they'd allow you to crowd source the money to raise 50K and then pay I guess WB legal for the license. Is that what you're in the process of doing?
    No, you CANNOT do that. We were explicitly told not to. Any type of crowd sourcing or funding of any sort would involve their Legal department and probably end up Cease and Desisting. We are simply biding our time - and waiting for them to respond to our emails and when we send them a complete product, hopefully it changes their mind.

Shaolin Monk
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_arts View Post
    No, you CANNOT do that. We were explicitly told not to. Any type of crowd sourcing or funding of any sort would involve their Legal department and probably end up Cease and Desisting. We are simply biding our time - and waiting for them to respond to our emails and when we send them a complete product, hopefully it changes their mind.
    I see, I misunderstood. Well good luck then.
    Last edited by calactyte; 09-21-2017 at 10:47 AM.

PSN
    LEANXZ
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Where screenshots/videos? It's strangely to leave conclusions without finished product. Also make sure pavilion (not your personal work) on 'Palace Gates' will be replaced.
    Last edited by Le@N; 09-24-2017 at 10:40 AM.

Shaolin Monk
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Le@n said something, I can only guess at what it was since he doesn't exist for me. Ignored since 2014. Go away Le@n, nobody cares what you think about anything related to this project.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He's just saying stupid things as always

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 mediante Tapatalk

PSN
    LEANXZ
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I restricted to include personal work for Palace Gates. That's all.
    Also blind support definitely won't help you get release.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So being a asshole is the right way?
    I've been following this project for years and I know what's happening, it has been explained a lot of times.

They have all my support, it doesn't matter if the game is released tomorrow or in twenty years

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 mediante Tapatalk

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mixotico For This Useful Post:

PSN
    LEANXZ
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I don't like your attitude. I didn't leave garbage, but you allowed it for yourself. I was follower for many years because liked project. Also I don't pay much attention to Calactyte's blocking or whatever. More persons behind creation of models/textures anyways. And I always respected everyone for painstaking work. Also WB incident happened because someone talked about money. While it was clearly not possible without copyrights. They could take donations for modelling/texturing instead.

For Calactyte: When you really don't care, leave everyone without remarks. Example: 'I can only guess at what it was since he doesn't exist for me.' In another case you'll look inconsistent in the eyes of visitors.

Page 666 of 666 FirstFirst ... 166566616656662663664665666

Thread Information