Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Update on his outfit, and proportions along with Liu. After reviewing the rips for la_luna, I'll have to change his robe.

I think Kang is too muscular still. Especially his arms. Will fix. Should start rigging tonight or tomorrow.

shang15.jpg

Ok that's it, let's just realize it's not going to be perfect and move on.

TYM-Focus-Loop_10.gif

Bleed, I think is perfect. don't need any modification.

Mortal Gojira, About liu kang, i think he have a bigger pants. About Shang Tsung in the brown cloth ( down part ) need a vertical line or something like in this pic.

bc37.jpg

and the Katana, the rest is perfect.

@Bleed
It IS perfect! Can't wait to break me some Rubies with this guy.
Fantastic job man.

@Mortal Gojira
Shang and Liu looking badass!
Few suggestions, I think Shangs sleeves could be a little bigger.
Also I'd try stronger shadows around his eyes. They are always
in dark, like Goros. I'm not too good with Photoshop, but something
like this.. sleeves and eyes:

2isjlut.jpg

Oh and Kangs pants could be more baggier above the knees:

liflk.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Gojira

Both Lui Kang and Shang still seem to have oversized hands. The wrists seem too thick and the maybe the fingers also.

Bleed, beautiful work as always. I feel bad that I haven't been able to contribute as much lately. Just finishing up 2 freelance jobs in addition to my fulltime job.

Can you render a huge scorpion for me to do the character select?

That looks perfect to me anyways.

Update on his outfit, and proportions along with Liu. After reviewing the rips for la_luna, I'll have to change his robe.

I think Kang is too muscular still. Especially his arms. Will fix. Should start rigging tonight or tomorrow.

View attachment 2833

Yeah! Kang looks too muscular. I think giving him a slim boddy like Bruce Lee, or similar to him would be great. And another thing, I think that Shang Tsung's skin must be white-ish pale than pinkish brown . .

tremor_ said:
09;519602]Yeah! Kang looks too muscular. I think giving him a slim boddy like Bruce Lee, or similar to him would be great. And another thing, I think that Shang Tsung's skin must be white-ish pale than pinkish brown . .

In looking at this more...also the forearms for both characters are very
Muscular. They don't have what I would characterize as Asian hands, wrists or forearms. Also their should be a vertical slit where the robe overlaps on left hand side of the skirt/bottom part of his robe. You are doin,g a fantastic job and I think both of these are getting close.

View attachment 2833

yeah thats better,but i think you should do more effort on liu's face. to me his face likeness still is too far from ho sung pak's face.

Hi Gojira,

So I think both Kang and Tsung have proportion problems. I wasn't able to figure out what was wrong, so I sought the advice of a friend of mine who works in VFX. He quickly picked out what I couldn't see and it has to do with proportions. A tall human is 8.5 heads tall. A short human is about 7.5 heads tall I think you are clocking in at 6.5 heads tall. Since I'm betting you are more visual, as I am, my buddy did a quick photoshop mockup. Take a look so that you can see that proportions are off.

SHANGTSUNG_NOTES.jpg

View attachment 2833

Last edited:
Liu Kang is the shortest character in the game I think.
Ho Sung Pak is a relatively small guy, below average height.
Judging by the game, I think it's safe to say both characters
should be around 7 heads (maybe a little more) in height:

34h865e.jpg

Calactyte's proportions seem a bit off, I don't think 7.5 heads is typically "short height" proportions, and anything past 8 is kind of veering off towards comic book "heroic" proportions. While I can see that maybe the model's head is slightly out of proportion, I think something around 7 heads tall is perfectly acceptable for someone of below average height. The ideal of course would be to find a decent full body shot of Ho Sung Pak to compare the proportions to those of the model...

While we're at it, what do you guys think about the size of characters?
Should they all be the same height or different? In the arcade game
- Raiden & Kano are biggest (Raiden appears even bigger because of the hat)
- Sonya seem equal to the ninjas, maybe a bit taller (probably because of the hair)
- Scorpion, Sub Zero and Johnny Cage should all be the same because they
are all played by the same actor
- Liu Kang is the smallest, Shang Tsung appears to be a bit bigger then Kang
probably because of the robes and flying/floating, even 'tho it's the same actor.

As they stand right now, these characters have Street Fighter 2 character proportions. It works for stylized art, but not for reality. Even if it's only a half of a head based on what laluna posted, That's alot and it influences the size of the hands and the length of the arms.

Calactyte's proportions seem a bit off, I don't think 7.5 heads is typically "short height" proportions, and anything past 8 is kind of veering off towards comic book "heroic" proportions. While I can see that maybe the model's head is slightly out of proportion, I think something around 7 heads tall is perfectly acceptable for someone of below average height. The ideal of course would be to find a decent full body shot of Ho Sung Pak to compare the proportions to those of the model...

Every image gives me a big(gigantic) NOSTALGIA
Ahh, great times on the arcade, it didnt had any combo, but it was the best in that ages ^_^ For me MkI will leave for ever after this M.u.g.e.n. Remake...
Well, La_Luna my friend , can you tell me how much time does shang tsung transformations can take?? I think its about 10 or 15 seconds, but its just to confirm ^^:ftw: