Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Well RatonMalo, I think you did an excellent job with that and some other BG's as well (loved Quan Chi and Shinnok chained up in Kahn's Arena, for instance) and that was why when I wanted to make my sprite comics look a little different from every other comic, I sought to pay tribute to the work you guys had done in MKP4.1.

I've also seen people make MUGEN backgrounds that were created in order to pay tribute to Flash cartoons, like the epic SF vs MK series by Proxicide. Here's some examples:

Anyway, my point with bringing this up is that you never know what other creations might be inspired by something like this. I am very impressed by the spirit of everyone's teamwork and cooperation. Can't wait to see what else gets put up, amazing work by all who are involved.

TESTYOURMIGHT_HD.jpg

Updated version has broken and unbroken Ruby. Coloring will probably need to be tweaked a bit.

Cool, is this using a fracture 3d simulation?

I'm still picking at the retopology, one piece of the costume at a time.

Great work @calactyte , i like it. Great sky, moon ... simple amazing ! @smoke.tetsu You right but, the color of ruby can be fixed very easy ;) so its not problem.

@calactyte I always wanted to ask you, what software do you use for this backgrounds ??

I'm using ZBrushR2 and 3ds Max.

Great work @calactyte , i like it. Great sky, moon ... simple amazing ! @smoke.tetsu You right but, the color of ruby can be fixed very easy ;) so its not problem.

@calactyte I always wanted to ask you, what software do you use for this backgrounds ??

Hello, I couldn't see your attachments. As for the Bio screen and the earlier version of the character select screen, we already have all these done. Jarvis has created them. Please check his posts so that you don't spend extra time duplicating work. The Scorpion portrait that you did with Bleeds render looks nice though so we might be able to use that.

calactyte nice TYM arena but...look at the stone tables in the original game
View attachment 2264
View attachment 2265

ruby looks fantastic

And this is my bio screen HD

http://s1.picofile.com/file/7273136983/Bio8.jpg

i've made this according to arcade version
http://s2.picofile.com/file/7273138816/mk0019.png

Hello all. I've been following this thread rather intently. I was wondering if there is anything I could do to help this project along.

I am NOT artistic, but have programming knowledge in Java, C, and C++. I don't know what programming is used in MUGEN, but I have a lot of free time to figure it out if necessary.

If there isn't anything non-artistic needed at this point, then I would just like to offer words of encouragement. Huzzah to you all.

It would be nice to do this with a more advanced tool set. I've been trying to learn programming on my own but it's not easy, there's so much information. You can do a lot with Mugen, but it has some big limits. I would love to do this in 2.5d, like MK9 or at least get something started that way, using one of those High end development kits.

I agree, but check out the original arcade version:

]
ruby1.png

Weird, I didn't remember that but looked it up. Whoever at midway made that one is color blind. :p That's more like a pink\purple'ish sapphire than a ruby. Even the word Ruby means red practically... OK they say it's pink to red but yeah. That's not what I usually think when I think of it... :p

It would be nice to do this with a more advanced tool set. I've been trying to learn programming on my own but it's not easy, there's so much information. You can do a lot with Mugen, but it has some big limits. I would love to do this in 2.5d, like MK9 or at least get something started that way, using one of those High end development kits.

I'd be happy even for just having it able to have totally 32-bit graphics.. antialiased everything and other effects being able to have an 8-bit alpha channel provides.

Hello, I couldn't see your attachments. As for the Bio screen and the earlier version of the character select screen, we already have all these done. Jarvis has created them. Please check his posts so that you don't spend extra time duplicating work. The Scorpion portrait that you did with Bleeds render looks nice though so we might be able to use that.

His attachments are pointing out to the table compared to original, like I did in my last post one page earlier.
I believe the main difference among other things are dragons, they are not mirrored in the original game,
and maybe the tables are too close to each other, remember you have to squeeze a number counting
in between.

Btw, ruby looks great, but I think it would make more sense if you move it just a little bit to the right,
so the object is actually standing on the higher left and right parts of the table.

Nice work on the pose Bleed, but I'm not sure he's holding his hands like that.
It kinda looks like closed fists to me, but I could be wrong, it's hard to tell..

qsa9fk.gif

15y7m00.gif

Check out the updated foreground pedestals.

TESTYOURMIGHT_HD.jpg

His attachments are pointing out to the table compared to original, like I did in my last post one page earlier.
I believe the main difference among other things are dragons, they are not mirrored in the original game,
and maybe the tables are too close to each other, remember you have to squeeze a number counting
in between.

Btw, ruby looks great, but I think it would make more sense if you move it just a little bit to the right,
so the object is actually standing on the higher left and right parts of the table.

Nice work on the pose Bleed, but I'm not sure he's holding his hands like that.
It kinda looks like closed fists to me, but I could be wrong, it's hard to tell..

qsa9fk.gif

15y7m00.gif