Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Im really loving the detail you put in. From wrinks in the Costume to Scorpions Pulpiless eyes. Great work :)

I would love to join the team, I actually pose 3D Models, and also sometimes edit them with Blender ect, I could also design some preview artworks with GIMP if you would like :) If you want me to join please reply and tell me which job I could do =D

Last edited:
I realise this is meant to be a faithful remake, but could we add some cool little touches like a new mask for SZ, like the one he had in MKM, cause that took place before MK1.

More detail! :D

EDIT: when can we Expect a release date? Or beta and Alpha testing? It would be a Honor to Alpha/Beta Test this project :)

I think it will take a while. You're not the only one who can't wait for this game! ;)
And about the testing, that's up to the programmer, if they have anything ready for testing.

Like everyone else, I'm thoroughly impressed by everything here so far.

How hard would it be to do this using Unity instead of MUGEN? It seems like a higher grade program like Unity would work better in the long run for this. Just a thought.

How hard would it be to do this using Unity instead of MUGEN? It seems like a higher grade program like Unity would work better in the long run for this. Just a thought.
i doubt it work better for an mk1 hd remake, maybe for something more complex.
btw badmouse is working with unity and making a mk game but its very very early in development.

I could use some help with his pants, like what you guys think would look better. Some one in another forum says he likes the way I had it before.

I don't want to spend too long making him but I can still check some details. I'd like to get him working by some time this week.

Paint overs are cool like Interloko did, if you want to draw some suggestions, that helps a lot. Posting some reference images also.

I'm using Zbrush and 3dstudio max for the models. I'm making them from scratch, start with a single polygon or a box and work from there.

WOW! The work you guys are doing is ****ing incredible! Really something else! I really hope to see this get finished!

I Think The Scorpion Render Looks Great. It Would Look Closer To The Original Sprite If The Black Borders Around The Yellow Parts Of His Torso Were Removed, And The Part Under It. It Seems As If It Takes Away Too Much Of The Yellow Part.

Also, The Legs Look As If The Knee Caps Were Inverted Inward Toward Each Other, Sure It's Just The Leggings Sagging But If You Could Make The Legs Look Like How They Originally Were, It'd Look More Accurate.
The Details On The Shin Guards Are Flawless By The Way.

**I Would Suggest Adding Small Details To The Parts Below His Armpit, Near The Pectoral Area.

It Looks A Bit Plain, So Adding Something Like It Shows In The Picture Would Look Better.

For Example :
sig3.png

Nothing Major, Just Some Small Details Near His Sides Like The Picture Shown Above.

Last edited:
Hmmm, the black line is supposed to be there but I can make it thinner and make the yellow parts bigger. I can add some muscle detail on the sides.

Thanks for the feed back, here's a pic some one posted for me in the other form. MKMP

MK1Scorp_actor.jpg

Hmmm, the black line is supposed to be there but I can make it thinner and make the yellow parts bigger. I can add some muscle detail on the sides.

Thanks for the feed back, here's a pic some one posted for me in the other form. MKMP

MK1Scorp_actor.jpg

Hey, Bleed. I just wanted to ask if you are going to do all of the characters? You have much talent and experience in 3D models, and I am quite impressed.

Maybe I'll make all of them, I don't know how much Mortal Gojira will be able to do. I can use parts from different character's I've made before and build the models pretty quick. I have to spend most of the time on their costumes and their faces if we want to do likeness.

Ok, then. I was doing some work on characters (mainly the ninjas), but you are doing a much better job, so I will let you and Mortal Gojira do that. I won't work anymore on characters, since the two of you will, and instead I will work on props/ projectiles (Scorpion's Spear, Sub-Zero's ice ball, etc).

BTW, welcome to the project! :)

Mortal Kombat 1 HD Jobs List:

Interloko: Programing
Bleed: 3D Modeling [Character]
Mortal Gojira: 3D Modeling [Character]
BadMouse: 3D Modeling [Stage] & UI
MikeyMK: Props/ Projectiles
MK9: Blood and Gore Effects.
ST3RL1NGXS1LV3R: Palette Swaps.

Last edited: