Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

We can't just ban someone because others find them annoying; that's not the way we try to handle things. Bans are for repeat offenders and the willfully disobedient. I've given him a last warning and anymore posts like that will be deleted, so no forum space will be wasted either way.

We can't just ban someone because others find them annoying; that's not the way we try to handle things. Bans are for repeat offenders and the willfully disobedient. I've given him a last warning and anymore posts like that will be deleted, so no forum space will be wasted either way.

Dude, okay.
I completely understood you.

I'll never write here anymore about this mods.
But let me ask last and single question.
And if answers even don't satisfy me, I anyway won't write anything about this.

Guys, you were right when you said that I am new one, and you are olds.
You have discussed about this. So that you already have some expirience, with ones who already asked of this, like me, before.
You maximalliy accessibly explained to me, reasons why Liu Kang's fatality cannot be changed.
I believe, you can call to mind some reasons, or keywords which can help you to find post more than if I would start to read all 428 pages. Help me to know reasons why Reptile cannot have his own moves even via extras menu.
It's all what I'm asking for.)
In the future, this, already prepared answer, would help you with another ones who could ask for Reptile's special moves again.

Thanks in advance!

Since no-one seems to have mentioned it, let me offer a simple explanation for why doing things exactly (or as close as possible) like the original game is a good thing: It saves a tremendous amount of hassle because there is no need to collectively decide how to do something. Whenever a question arises on what something should look like, how someone should move, how wide a stage should be, what the story should be, what the input for a special move should be - ANYTHING - if the default stance is "it should be like the original game", that answers that question and everyone can move on. If on the other hand it is being left open to discussion, everyone will have their own idea on how something should be done and it will inevitably take much longer to reach a consensus (if one can be reached at all). Essentially, following the original game as closely as possible is a compromise that almost everyone is willing to make. Personally there are tons of things I think would be a good idea to change, and if the goal was to make a good game as opposed to a remake of MK1 you'd frankly have to change almost everything! However, i recognise that this is a gigantic undertaking purely from an art, sound and programming perspective - by bringing game design into the equation you open a completely new can of worms that in my opinion would absolutely doom this project to never finish.

Explicitly following the blueprint of the original game to the last detail isn't (in my mind at least) a goal in and of itself, but it's what allows everyone to have a clear, common vision of what the final result should and will be, which is necessary for it to be finished. It is very likely that there will be alternate versions, art assets reused for other MUGEN games/standalone characters, "MKHD 1.5" and all kinds of other things eventually - but we will see what happens with that when we get there.

edit: And btw, I'm really disappointed and ashamed to see so many people have such a hostile and antagonistic attitude. There's absolutely no need for name-calling of screaming for bans. Come on guys, be adults. :/

Since I've now lost track of the progress here (with the chuzicane blowing the forum off left field) I've seen a video of Johnny Cage in his fighting stance and it looked good. Have there been any other usable animations made? I remember seeing the character select portrait and the ending image.

And was Kano lost? I know someone had a computer crash and lost some of the files but I remember which character it was.

Maybe just tell me how far along the characters are now, with the exception of the ninjas, as we know they are pretty much done.

I put a large render of Cage's 2nd ending pic in drop box yesterday. The fight stance is the only animation done right now, I'm ready to start on the next one now..., tonight.

Kano is done but needs his belt pack fixed. Sonya wasn't lost after all either so good news there.

So Kano is done, but has he been animated yet? Or is Bleed going to do that later on? I say Bleed because I thought he was going to handle the animation part of characters.

I spent the night fixing Cage's shoulders.

Made the T Pose more relaxed, with the arms down at around a 45 degree angle. About how far you can spread your arms before the clavicles have to move. It helps the shoulders look more natural when the arms are down.

Moved the arms a little closer to the body also.

[edit]

I'll follow the move list at mortal kombat warehouse, like I did with the Ninjas. The basics need to be working before I start on his attacks.

Last edited:
I just registered here 1 day ago and I had the patience and actual pleasure go to page by page through this entire freaking topic!
I can't freaking believe that I only just found about this project 2 days ago considering that it's probably almost 2 years old.
I was looking for a HD remake of the classic MK games since many years now and just when I gave up on it ever existing, you guys started here.
After going through this whole topic I noticed many talented people here but I must say, Bleed is the heart and soul of this project.
Bleed man, you are an entire dev studio in one.
This project should be called Mortal Kombat Bleed Edition no jokes.
I also want to recommend MrMos3s and uKER to attempt and work together because they seem to complete eachother perfectly when it comes to take a render and modify it's face to match the shapes and ultra fine details hidden behind the pixels of the old character selection icons.

Everything I have seen done until now is so over the top that not even the original devs could ever have the time or patience to come to such a high level of quality.
Bleed I am seriously asking you to think this over and realize that you have the entire old school MK fan community on your shoulders.
If you quit this project, it dies no questions asked!
And after putting so much work and years into it and have it fail, it would be the biggest mistake ever.
I sure hope you do not lose this enthusiasm that has lasted you for all of this time.
Thanks for everything you've done until now, because of you I got to see how mk1 and mk3 would look like in proper HD! And this has been an all time dream of mine that's finally fulfilled!

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, I was moved by your post because it is my sentiment also.
I always loved MK1 and just NEEDED to see it remade in HD.
I really liked MK2 too, and (except for MK4) MK3 started the downhill where I stopped caring, but MK1 was the one I wanted to see redone.

Thanks for your comments and I too personally hope we can all put something for this to come to a great conclusion.

PS: needless to say, I also agree Bleed is a rarity. There's talented people here and there but the guy is something else.

Last edited:
I honestly thought I'd posted in here before (unless I did under Neomic and I forgot), but I've been following this project since last summer. I think I check this thread about twice a week, and to see the amazing talent and dedication is nothing short of mind-blowing. I know Bleed gets a lot of credit, no doubt the guy is extremely talented, but I think everyone involved has done a superb job. Justin Slaughter with the music, everyone involved with the backgrounds, the coding, etc.

I don't think I'm anywhere near as talented as anyone here, but I have a decent condensor mic and I know the ins and outs of Goldwave and Adobe Audition pretty well, so if there's anything I can do to help out the project, I'd be more than happy to chip in.

Welcome Ryan,

Can you find someone who can redo the screams and voice SFX? Your condenser mic would be perfect for recording high quality audio. If you need a sound proof booth, I find a laptop with mic inside of a car works as a good replacement.

Aside from the announcers voice (which we have already) we still need all the male and female screams here:

http://www.jtresca.com/test/mk1_speech_sounds.zip

http://www.jtresca.com/test/mk1sfx.zip

Last edited:
do the following is possible?
if we are able to extract characters sprites from mk9, we would able to use them in mugen and have a nice mk9 in pc!!
of course i know this take a lot of work and time(extract each sprite from an screenshot) ,but this is what that everybody can do, and if a large number of people share this, it would be Possible !
it's just an idea, wait for Comments