Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Bleed, the axe looks great but looks a bit flat IMO, maybe adding broken parts inedge will help to make it looks more realistic.

Goro's Lair looks awesome too, bm.

BTW, you guys might wanna watermark this stuff to keep others from using without permission.

I'll add a crack to the edge then, I'm just posting it to show that I'm working on something in 3D, It's for my UMK3 scorpion. I have some free time today, so I'll get something done on the MK1 Scorp.

Bleed, All your 3D works always looks amazing. Absolutely you have to update the old MKMP Thread with your staff :)

So, I have a couple of things almost ready (Liu Kang's Fireball mostly). What do I do once they are done?

you can reduce the images and post here :)

If is perfect you can send the final version to Interloko. He is the programer.

I don't have any images I want to post yet, but I was working on the wire frame today. Updating the nude model, so I can have it ready for Cage, two in one.

Right now I have the different parts of the costume as separate textures, so I can have larger textures for each piece. Much higher quality than UMK3 scorpion, where I fit all the parts in to the same texture.

Bleed, nice! the preview version you show of liu concept + the cage face you posted and the better naked body make easily get Liu and Cage, i can't wait to see them :)

I will add some staff in Goro Lair and start with Pit 1 and The Bottom, i have to think a good way to make moon light enter to The Bottom stage...

The lighting is a little weird since the characters aren't really lit in 3D all the time. The lights for the stage shouldn't clash with that of the characters. If I had a strong light casting shadows, I'd make them lean away from the screen and add some point lights all over to simulate bouncing light and global illumination.

I use point lights instead of GI only because it renders faster.

I agree the game shouldnt be some complete remake with all kinds of stuff that wasnt in the first game(s)....but it couldnt hurt to have some things touched up. Any one remember that picture of the "HD" Mortal Kombat 2 that people confused with the real HD project. With Scorpion and Shao Kahn? The original stage didnt have a blood stained ground or blood on the skulls but I thought it looked cool as hell in that picture.....stuff like that couldnt hurt.
Maybe like Sub Zero's ice blast creating icicles off the opponent-leaving a trail of mist. Or Liu Kangs fireball actually putting a fighter on fire momentarily, Kanos knives staying in the opponent. The blade on Scorpions spear could be on fire. Raidens electric blast could give a quick look at a fighters skeleton and/or smoke come from there body. Blood stains on the ground of the courtyard wouldnt just look cool but it also makes sense....
Raiden could call some thunder from the sky in to his hands before doing his fatality. You know, presentation stuff. After all you guys are calling it a remix as well. You could go to town on the Pit lol. Maybe they dont ALWAYS have to hit the bottom. You could have them randomly hit the bottom or randomly get caught on one of the blades on the pillars. Or even get sliced up on the way down.
Just some thoughts.....dont hate =b

I wonder if everyone was going to be pallet swapped again in the HD remake from NRS....its possible they couldve had minor differences this time around....maybe not hahah

Again, it will be exactly like the original only with HD graphics. Please do not fill this thread with ideas that will most likely not be added into the game. The only thing we are doing is updating the graphics. Thank you for understanding. :)

Hi all,

Been following this thread. Can I contribute? I use 3ds Max and zBrush. I've done some work on the Throne Room. I'd love to take a crack at finishing it, if you'll let me join the team. See the link:
throne_room_HD.jpg