Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

You are the only one that has posted something finished as far as I remember.

I think the other guys were bored, trying to match it perfectly.

Uh, damn. That Courtyard should have been in MK (2011)...Well done, as a certain emperor says. Unfortunately, my role may have just been canceled out as I don't have the capability to match that amount of awesome.

I'm more than happy to collaborate and add some guitar where needed, but I'd rather see you do the soundtrack. Can't beat that.

Good work Justin Slaughter , but preferably themes should be similar to the original And the more

traditional by old musical instruments ,And private "Continue Theme".

Guys once again I will say that you are doing a great job. I hope that you will finish this project some day, even if it takes a lot of time. I see that some people who worked on this project from the beggining have either gave up or simply stoped posting but I believe that this is a game that we will see completed eventually. I admit that seeing your worked got me inspired to get back into my own MK1 remake. I think that I will complete my own too in the near future.
It is too bad that mugen doesn't handle 3D. Since I managed to make my own 3d fighting engine I can say that Dark Basic Pro is a good place to start but for something more reliable you need UDK or Unity 3D. After I complete 2 - 3 projects with Dark Basic I will start working with Unity 3D. I think that it is more simple to learn how to use and since it uses Javascript it could be more usefull for someone to study it.

DaveyJ_OS, If you think his work is so much better, use it as inspiration, don't let intimidation hold you back. Maybe it's not as strong but you can try and there should be some constructive feed back to help you improve.

DaveyJ_OS, If you think his work is so much better, use it as inspiration, don't let intimidation hold you back. Maybe it's not as strong but you can try and there should be some constructive feed back to help you improve.

Indeed. Please don't let my post discourage you. That would just make me sad. There's apparently plenty of music to be done and a lot of folks aren't really into my take on things anyway so have at it, sir! :)

@ JustinSlaughter

Your music sounded the best in comparison to the others that had posted in the past. I forget the usernames of these people, I think there were 4 other people tinkering with it, but yours had a nice movie soundtrack quality.

@ other people
And as someone else had said on the last page, screenshots are what we are all craving. I miss seeing videos of Scorpion MK1 in action. Even when it was just him walking and jumping, it was just cool to see it.
I imagine a lot of fans on here might appear pushy, asking for screens and updates, but it's not that we mean to pressure you guys, your work is great and your time appreciated. It's just I think that people want something to experience, to see.

Some things need to be added / fixed, can't do it yet.

Hi, there! About the animations, have you ever considered using the motion capture capabilities of the XBox Kinect? The animations you do are absolutely amazing, by the way!

I understand. Anyway, everyone here is doing a great job! Keep it up! =D

I've tried doing MoCap with Xbox Kinect. It is awful. The amount of cleanup necessary is insane. The youtube videos you see, they spend hours cleaning up. Also try spinning around. The kinect freaks out since it can only properly track your movements in 140 degree increments. I was so excited to try it but it sucked badly. Trust me on this, I spent DAYS trying to figure out how to make it work. I guess maybe someone somewhere probably has a system for moving a particular way to get clean results but it is totally not worth the effort.

So Shangs projectile is just about finished, but my computer had to go in for repair. So I'll be without it until Thursday. Just figured I'd let you all know.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm getting through a UDK training DVD right now, but I'll have another update on Scorpion this week.

Get up after sweep and falling from a sweep.

eat3D UnrealScript - An Introduction and Application

I'm getting through a UDK training DVD right now, but I'll have another update on Scorpion this week.

Get up after sweep and falling from a sweep.

eat3D UnrealScript - An Introduction and Application

Yeah eat3D training is pretty awesome. Can't wait to see more Scorp animations.

Ok finished the DVD,Unreal scrip doesn't seem as hard as I thought, I think I'll get it with time.

I'll do some animation today.

[edit]

Sweep fall anim is in dropbox

I'm adding them all to scorpion.zip

Last edited:
I'd really like to see sweep fall animation, can someone with
dropbox access make a .gif if it's not too much trouble. Thnx

MK1scorp_SweepFall.gif