Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Bleed, you just made 1 video os mk1 HD, why dont you post another, showing us scorpion, sub zero and reptile, im ancious to see it, and i actualy like the thing you just made with scorpion of UMK3

I've been working on several things and haven't had time to make more animations for the MK1 scorpion. I'm doing a little bit every day, but maybe it would be good to do more animations for Scorpion, now that Raiden is pretty much ready to go. He just needs the textures, or you know what.... I'll work on that today.

I want to get more videos up too.

[edit]

Man, I was just looking at the animations I posted on Deviant art. That Axe combo for Scorpion, it looks so bad now, I got the urge to remove it from embarrassment...

These projects are really helping, I'll probably think the same thing about the stuff I'm doing now in a few months.

It's good to see the progress.

Last edited:
I've watched your animations improve over a very short time. The first scorpion combo you did, didn't look right, but in 4 months you've pretty much mastered it in my mind. Your animations are pro quality. I have to think if a job in the games industry isn't something you already have, then you probably just don't want one too bad. I think the stuff you are doing looks better than MK9.

I have a two freelance 3D projects going on in addition to this MK stuff (which is why MK updates aren't happening everyday for me at this moment) but both projects require me to do skinning, facial animations and character body animations so I'm going to really learn alot. I'm using CAT for everything which is really exciting for me since I've been wanting to use that for awhile now. Also I have been playing around with Hercules plugin for Goro. It would be cool if his muscles appeared to have actual mass and secondary motion underneath the skin. I'm not promising anything but my goal is animate Goro or at the very least, learn while working on him. Then I'd like to try my hand as sculpting Shang Tsung since I've been playing around with HairFarm plugin. But to do Shang's Robe properly with true cloth dynamics I have to learn how to make cloth in Max correctly. Once all this is done, (including projectiles) I'd love to also do the morphing animations between characters since I have some cool morphing plugins in after effects for that.

I've been working on several things and haven't had time to make more animations for the MK1 scorpion. I'm doing a little bit every day, but maybe it would be good to do more animations for Scorpion, now that Raiden is pretty much ready to go. He just needs the textures, or you know what.... I'll work on that today.

I want to get more videos up too.

[edit]

Man, I was just looking at the animations I posted on Deviant art. That Axe combo for Scorpion, it looks so bad now, I got the urge to remove it from embarrassment...

These projects are really helping, I'll probably think the same thing about the stuff I'm doing now in a few months.

It's good to see the progress.

Wow Busy busy :) , they look like great plugins but expensive for me, I have to find some other ways to do it.

I don't work in games because I'm not a people person, and I lack the confidence in my work.

A big problem for me is that I start but don't finish. I'm trying to get things done all the way lately, but this has really held me back over the years. That's why I don't have a good portfolio, everything is unfinished.

Last edited:
I know, I get pretty bored easily as well. I think you must be progressing because you seem to be handling it better. I think a good test for your ability to complete stuff would be to go back and finish Scorpions moves if you have the time. That's a huge milestone because then Interloko can start testing the game functionality with Scorpion and say Subzero. I have a feeling if we are able to pull this off, it is kind of like street cred in the games industry. People are watching this progress and I'm sure a fair amount of people probably think we will never finish this game. But if you can focus on getting Scorp done..then recoloring and doing SubZero's few extra moves...then go back to Raiden and do all his moves while I work on Goro and Shang Tsung. Then we can say that we're about 35% complete in about 7 months which really isn't bad at all. If we finish that work within 3 months I'd say we'll be at about 50% complete in 10 months.

Maybe if you break it down into small milestones it won't seem like such a huge mountain to climb.

Like perhaps if you have time today you can render Scorpion in character select pose for me at super high resolution. While you are there perhaps you can do his test your might animation which incidentally would also be Subzero's TYM animation.

Break it down into small victories. This is hard work but it'll be worth it in your portfolio for sure. I could even see Netherealm studio hiring you upon completion of this since I think you mentioned you live in Chicago area. Let's be honest, it would be a no brainer for them. Talent, passion for their franchise and skill. Stay motivated Bleed!

Wow Busy busy :) , they look like great plugins but expensive for me, I have to find some other ways to do it.

I don't work in games because I'm not a people person, and I lack the confidence in my work.

A big problem for me is that I start but don't finish. I'm trying to get things done all the way lately, but this has really held me back over the years. That's why I don't have a good portfolio, everything is unfinished.

Not done yet, but here's a screen grab. It's blocked out, but I need to go over it a few times and make it feel natural.

ScorpTYMScreenGrab.jpg

On the one hand it'd probably be great for Bleed to be hired by NRS.. on the other hand it'd suck to lose him to them and have his work be only on consoles from then on out. :\ We need some people continuing to make good MK stuff for personal computers. :p

Good start. As I'm learning about animation I'm realizing how important subtle key in and key out curve editing is essential for realistic movement.
So I get what you mean when you say you are blocking it out.
The devil is in the details of that second pass.

Not done yet, but here's a screen grab. It's blocked out, but I need to go over it a few times and make it feel natural.

ScorpTYMScreenGrab.jpg

Yeah the curves are one thing that makes a difference, and it's nice how in max you can play the animation while editing the curves to see the effect in real time. If the computer is too slow, you can turn on the preview mode for Biped and see a stick figure instead.

Another thing is video reference, it helps tremendously. That's why I record my self doing the moves whenever possible.

When I work on Goro I will try video reference. I'm so lazy when it comes to using references, but I'm trying to get better about that.

Yeah the curves are one thing that makes a difference, and it's nice how in max you can play the animation while editing the curves to see the effect in real time. If the computer is too slow, you can turn on the preview mode for Biped and see a stick figure instead.

Another thing is video reference, it helps tremendously. That's why I record my self doing the moves whenever possible.

Making the first test render now of the focus loop, the strike isn't ready to show.

I want to try my hand at Maya again, I need to learn this program but I never stick with it too long. It feels awkquard coming from Max.

Maybe the next character I'll make in Maya.

Making the first test render now of the focus loop, the strike isn't ready to show.

I want to try my hand at Maya again, I need to learn this program but I never stick with it too long. It feels awkquard coming from Max.

Maybe the next character I'll make in Maya.

Let me know if you need info or a small tutorial about animations or whatever about maya, im maya user for 8 years, maybe i can help you to understand difference between maya and max.

I used max for 5 years before touch maya, started with 3D Studio Max 2.5 (DOS version) to Max 4 after that i jump to Photoshop and jump to Maya (from Maya 6.5 to Maya 2012).

BTW, Who will be your next character?

Still rendering.... It's taking too long I think I'll post it tomorrow.

I'm not sure what the next character will be, Cage I'm guessing. Sonya, Kano, Goro and Shang have been called or started so far.

Thanks, I may ask for some tips in the future. For the most part I'll use training DVDs and Google if I get lost.

Hey guys, I'm really excited and crazy happy that this project is still strong. Have to congratulate you all on your work and efforts. Very cool. So with that said, I'm seeing if its cool to for me to go ahead and start modeling on Lui Kang since it looks like all other options are taken up.

And as for my big project, it was actually for a cg cartoon/movie deal but it looks like its not going to happen anymore. Ah well, it was fun working on it.

Ah man... that's too bad, you are welcome to start on Kang if you wish.

This is not finished, I'm only showing the current state of progress. I see a few things to fix but critique is welcome.

I exaggerated the animation a bit, to make it look more intense and to speed up the transition from pose to pose, else it looks too slow. Moved the arms out a bit, so the hands don't go in to the vest.

TYM-Focus-Loop_02.gif

Last edited:
Appreciate that, but you know how it goes. Poop happens.

As for Scorpion, I dig it. I know its not finished, but the fingers are clipping. And when he exhales the cloth near his shoulder moves oddly when he's at his full breath. I like the animation though. He looks pretty serious. Good work as always man